Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Major VCR Alert (Ice Wars)

Exclamation Major VCR Alert (Ice Wars)

Tomorrow Evening (Friday, December 3rd), Ice Wars 2004 will air from 9:00 to 11:00 on CBS. Be there or be square! For more info, click HERE

Can you believe our local station is not showing it? Thank goodness I have a satellite.

Custom Title
    Also on Friday:

Katia on Today 7-10 am NBC (skating usually airs between 8:30 & 9:00)
    Tatiana & Maxim on Ellen (syndicated)

I am so looking forward to settling down to watch Ice Wars tomorrow night!

On the Ice
    Cool, thanks for the news. I didn't know it was airing until I read this topic.

YAY! Ice Wars tonight. I can't wait to see the programs of my favorite pros!
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 12-03-2004 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pairsfan
    Also on Friday: Katia on Today 7-10 am NBC
    I just saw it! Katia couldn't be any prettier. What a beautiful back, just like Dorothy Hamill.

MM.

Thank you for the reminder!

Tripping on the Podium
    What was Katia promoting? Did she say anything in the little interview? I'm mad I forgot she was on Today.

She was promoting the Katarina Witt and Friends show (Disson Skating ). This was held in October in Trenton and it will be shown on NBC on January 2, 2005 (4-6 EST). The show has Kat, Katia, Kristi, Nicole Bobek, Sato and Dungjen and Winkler and Lohse. Plus live singers Patti labelle, Joe Dee Messina and Hayley Westernra.

Hayley Westenra sang live on Today for Katia to skate to.

MM
    Last edited by Mathman; 12-03-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Hayley Westenra sang live on Today for Katia to skate to.
    Katia's skating was great as always, but I, for one, was not particularly impressed with this girl's voice, or her somewhat tuneless song.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I just saw it! Katia couldn't be any prettier. What a beautiful back, just like Dorothy Hamill.

MM.
    I'm sad I missed it.
    Ice Wars was on now! I've been to busy with a new job to be on here lately. But I didn't know anyone on the board knew this was on. It's fun so far. It's good, high quality pro skating I think. We need more of that... and Alexie is in this! Yay! Kristi looks sooo good. I hope when I have a baby one day I look that good!
    Last edited by cheekers85; 12-03-2004 at 09:25 PM.

Well, that was interesting. Oksana does two routines where she peels off a layer of clothing. She's slowly morphing into Phillipe Candeloro, I tell yer! Could it be that Nicole is having problems with triple jumps because her new chest is weighing her down? I kind of suspect that this might be Sarah Hughes' issue as well.

I don't think Nicole is training all that hard, but I wouldn't know for sure... just guessing... I liked the one program they showed (She is ALWAYS chacked GRRRR)

I actually did not care for Kurt's programs. Yes they were a beautiful tribute to his baby boy, but he was channeling Boitano's really BORING routines from last years' ice wars and I didn't like it LOL I actually thought Brian should have been 2 points ahead of Kurt in the artistic all across the board... it was a well choreographed and executed program even with the tano double! KRISTI was the highlight! She was BEAUTIFUL out there! YEAY KRISTI!!!!! I liked Yuka's Artistic, Alexei's Technical, Todd's 3Axels , Boitano's artistic, Nicole's artistic... Oksana's artistic flat scared me, and her posture was scary looking in her technical. It's nice to see her get back on track skating wise, though good for her... Kurt was the big disappointment for me... I guess I want a "Serenade to Sonia" part 2 or a "Antares/Nyah" part 3 LOL (or a Brickhouse/Funky Music part 3 )

Idle, I mentioned to Mr. RG that Nicole had been ... um... surgically enhanced. His incredulous response was, "And this program was taped AFTER the surgery??" Actually, I thought she looked old and emaciated, especially in her close-ups. Her ribs were showing through. This is not a good look for her.

As for Oksana, well, the programs were okay. I think Mr. RG is right when he says she tries TOO hard at everything.

Did NOT like the "sexy skater" look on Yuka. Absolutely boring.

Enjoyed Kristi's programs, especially the 2nd one.

Kurt's programs were wonderful, as were Todd's. I do not understand why with so many 3 jumps in the technical program, Kurt received such low marks, lower than anyone else that evening. Anyone have an idea why? I thought perhaps they found the program too much towards the "artistic" side, but I thought the # of 3s he did compensated.

Brian... oh boy... ANOTHER program with a chair... yeah, yeah, Tracy, pushing the envelope blah blah blah. Yup, dancing with a coatrack is SO pushing the envelope. Yawn.

Alexei skated well, just not as intensely as we are used to seeing from him. Todd outskated him, yet they received the same marks. That was lost on me.

All in all, a very enjoyable show.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast