2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oooh this is fabulous :love:
I am still crossing everything that we get to see them in Feb but even more so now!

Good & very original choice indeed. I do wonder though whether they'll dare to escape and stay in South Korea, it could be their one in a lifetime chance to escape from living in totalitarian regime without any freedoms and possibly on the edge of starvation. I can imagine though that athletes are better treated than ordinary people in North Korea, I also read about North Koreans who fleed the country (heroic feat - only 30-50 thousands managed ) and live in South Korea and them longing for their family that they left behind ...

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Elizabet Tursynbaeva 2017-18 LP - The Prayer by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli

It works. I'm much happier with this for her than the Carmen. In a couple years, maybe. But at this point The Prayer is more believable from her, I think.

Weathergal

Medalist
Elizabet Tursynbaeva 2017-18 SP - Carmen Fantasie by David Garrett

I have been wanting someone to skate to this version of Carmen. Even though it's a warhorse, I'm hoping his version of it makes it fresh. I really enjoy his version. Will be interesting.

ETA: I do agree with IceDance that it might be a bit much for Elizabet though, but I'm trying to be optimistic. :)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Elizabet Tursynbaeva 2017-18 SP - Carmen Fantasie by David Garrett

Uhhh. I'm curious how that'll turn out because I think it's way, way too soon for that. I cannot see her with this choice at all. The LP sounds good but this, not so much.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as I know, Madi and Evan have not officially announced their choreographers, unless I missed it?:scratch2:

In the USFS Instagram stories today, Rohene is in the car with them on the way to Champs Camp, so maybe this is a hint? Another SD? Or even the Beatles one, since Rohene did Eleanor Rigby for Deanna and Nate? (I know I'm grasping at straws:biggrin:)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think, as of last season, Rohene is a part of Evan & Madison's team, whether or not he did the initial choreography.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Uhhh. I'm curious how that'll turn out because I think it's way, way too soon for that. I cannot see her with this choice at all. The LP sounds good but this, not so much.

Watched the livestream and the music was nice actually, I didn't have too much of a problem with this Carmen, yeah I do think she needs some maturing for this particular music and theme but the dress was really nice. Went and watched the LP in person and I liked her skating a lot, I still need to watch it on video again but she fills up the rink nicely despite being so small.

icetigger

On the Ice
As far as I know, Madi and Evan have not officially announced their choreographers, unless I missed it?:scratch2:

In the USFS Instagram stories today, Rohene is in the car with them on the way to Champs Camp, so maybe this is a hint? Another SD? Or even the Beatles one, since Rohene did Eleanor Rigby for Deanna and Nate? (I know I'm grasping at straws:biggrin:)

Christopher Dean has been working with them- presume he has done at least one of their programmes.(checked, he has stated he worked with them on the free dance)

franco1991

Rinkside
Hi, does anyone know what is the short program music of Carolina Kostner? I have recently seen an exhibition of hers to 'Ne me quite pas' by Celine Dion and I have seen where the jumps and the spins were placed in the program and that gave me the feeling it might actually be her olympic short program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi, does anyone know what is the short program music of Carolina Kostner? I have recently seen an exhibition of hers to 'Ne me quite pas' by Celine Dion and I have seen where the jumps and the spins were placed in the program and that gave me the feeling it might actually be her olympic short program.

Carolina did an interview after that exhibition stating she hasn't decided on her programs and would decide later. Her programs has not been announced yet.
http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...17/06/featured-interview-carolina-kostner-ita

Plus, she also told Tatjana Flade this after Mishin said her LP is Afternoon of a Faun https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20170531/1121168294.html

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Christopher Dean has been working with them- presume he has done at least one of their programmes.(checked, he has stated he worked with them on the free dance)

Right. But they aren't using their originally planned free dance (to La La Land). Has he stated that he worked with them on their current Imagine free dance?

icetigger

On the Ice
Right. But they aren't using their originally planned free dance (to La La Land). Has he stated that he worked with them on their current Imagine free dance?

I can't be bothered to cross-reference dates of the ice network interview (the relevant section is at 37mins onwards), the suggested timeframe from the interview (which I think was given) and the dates of announcements of either...........sorry. But, considering that La La was announced ages ago (but do we do know it was choreographed?) and the music is most likely to have changed in discussion with the choreographer, and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af529CpqLrQ, I'm guessing probably yes........