Evgeni Plushenko to coach Adelina Sotnikova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko to coach Adelina Sotnikova

Warwick360

Medalist
Additionally, your "role model" Yuna? She sat out the entire 2012-2013 season and just waltzed back into Worlds without even having the courtesy of going to Nationals to earn her place there. So...?

Check your facts. Of course Yuna skated at the Nationals in the 2012-2013 season, and WON before going off to the Worlds. So....You're wrong, just like your "facts".

LRK

Record Breaker
I saw this posted on FSU by lala:

http://mysportvideos.blogspot.se/2017/04/evgeni-plushenko-coach-adelina-sotnikova_21.html?m=1

The interesting thing about it is that it has more detailed translated quotes about their plans going forward, and the way they mean to set about it. For example:

Journalists asked about the athletes' first steps back to the ice - general physical training, entry into their weight, restoration of the technical base.

"The initial task was to restore the condition and the base that it had," Evgeni agreed. - The technique needs to be changed, because, in my opinion, it can be done better. Adelina is ready to head to work, she plows - the first goes to the ice and leaves the last. Twenty-one years - all nonsense, for sports, I think, the coolest age, I remember on my own. Our cooperation will last not one season, but several - this Olympiad will be held, but there is the next one, there are championships in Russia, the world, and Europe. It's important to me that Adelina is ready to work. And I believe in it."

ETA - As I said in another thread, Plush has never been criticised for his work ethic - if Adelina wasn't prepared to work hard and take competing very seriously indeed, Plush would be the last person she'd go to.

Last edited:

narcissa

Record Breaker
Check your facts. Of course Yuna skated at the Nationals in the 2012-2013 season, and WON before going off to the Worlds. So....You're wrong, just like your "facts".

Lol thought she was talking about 2011-2012 season, but yeah, -rolls eyes-

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Wow, imagine if she somehow won gold in Pyeongchang. That would be interesting O.O

And we must to interview Katarina Witt to see how she thinks about it :)

Last edited:

marlet

Rinkside
Good luck and best wishes to Adelina!, I like her skating and her artistry, don't know if she can win but I'll cheer for her:) I can only hope some fans of other skaters will madure and stop sending her hate comments

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
"The initial task was to restore the condition and the base that it had," Evgeni agreed. - The technique needs to be changed, because, in my opinion, it can be done better. Adelina is ready to head to work, she plows - the first goes to the ice and leaves the last. Twenty-one years - all nonsense, for sports, I think, the coolest age, I remember on my own. Our cooperation will last not one season, but several - this Olympiad will be held, but there is the next one, there are championships in Russia, the world, and Europe. It's important to me that Adelina is ready to work. And I believe in it."

As a huge Adelina supporter, even I have a hard time believing this. It's not about her age, as there are skaters like Ashley and Mirai who continued on past 21. Rather, I just don't see the point of her battling with 17 year olds to achieve something less than she has already accomplished. In addition to having won the Olympics, Adelina has also won four Russian titles. I don't see her achieving either of those again because, as good as she may be artistically, she cannot keep up technically.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, very interesting news indeed. First, Evgeni retiring, opening up a school and coaching with of all people Emmanual Sandu - if this were April 1 one would think this was April Fool's joke. Add in Adelina. It certainly will be news in Russia not sure else where. Adelina's artistry was really growing when we last saw her cometitively but technically with age perhaps she had far more issues including underrotations and edges. I admit if she could regain the combos and all I prefer her over Evgenia but I am not sure she has the consistency or ability to get those combos done now.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Don't forget to honour your favourite homeboy Eman at this dinner party of yours for being the team Adelina choreographer. :laugh2:

Also, I'll be expecting an invitation. ;)

Are you kidding.......Believe me, you'll get an invite and I will have my sound system waiting for Eman...... He and I are going to sing a duet. You don't want to miss it!!:rock: ALLLLLLLLLLLLL The GS'ers will be invited....

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Wow, very interesting news indeed. First, Evgeni retiring, opening up a school and coaching with of all people Emmanual Sandu - if this were April 1 one would think this was April Fool's joke. Add in Adelina. It certainly will be news in Russia not sure else where. Adelina's artistry was really growing when we last saw her cometitively but technically with age perhaps she had far more issues including underrotations and edges. I admit if she could regain the combos and all I prefer her over Evgenia but I am not sure she has the consistency or ability to get those combos done now.

That's not a big surprise to anyone who has followed Plushy's - or Eman's - doings the last year. He was also heavily involved in Plushy's Nutcracker show, both as a performer and behind the scenes.

He talks about it here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO3Q6D2BUda/?taken-by=emanuelsandhu

The Nutcracker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hyAvR5eVA

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are you kidding.......Believe me, you'll get an invite and I will have my sound system waiting for Eman...... He and I are going to sing a duet. You don't want to miss it!!:rock: ALLLLLLLLLLLLL The GS'ers will be invited....

Omg, I love you so much right now for this comment! :laugh2: :rofl: I'll be there with bells on, baby!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
there is one way it could happen

Yuzu : i wanna add 4lz and 4a to my programs
Brian : no.

Yuzu yes

Brian : never

Yuzu calls Plushy : i wanna add quad lutz and quad axel

Plushy : sure come over... i will also teach you my famous EXH : sex bomb for when you win 2018.

Good god, his female fans and gay/bi male fans will absolutely die a thousand pleasurable deaths if that actually happened.

:rofl: :laugh2: :laugh:

This thread is definitely da bomb dot com tonight. :dance2: