Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evgeni out of GP?

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~

Evgeni out of GP?

According to secret source (whom I trust, but make your own decision), Evgeni will not do the GP this season, instead, he will do some shows (to make money, I'm guessing they probably pay more than the GP) and will concentrate on Russian Nats, Euros and Worlds.

While I am devastated he won't be at SC, I think this is a good decision. It worked well for Michelle in 2003, and I think it could do wonders for Evgeni to take a break.

Laura

Procrastinating b/c of Worlds
    In the 8th Circle of Hell with Jamie Salé.
    I wish he would rest that injury (or get the surgery completed). :(

Let's hope he doesn't catch h*** like Michelle did for missing the GP.

Custom Title
    Though I believe the show is less pressure on jumps than GPs. But still there will be some jumps, that will continue put the pressure on his leg. I thought if he wants the OGM at 2006, he should take break and get the surgery.

Custom Title
    I think he will be better off doing two GP's than doing a bunch of shows, as far as skating is concerned. If money is the priority, his decision may be right. Still, all that skating is likely to do damage to his already injured knee. Plus, show programs don't require the technical perfection the way competitions do. So he could be rusty going into the competitions at the end of the season. I think this is a terrible decision.

Custom Title
    Although Plushy will be greatly missed in GP, I think it is a good decision for him to do less competitions this season and save himself for the Olympic season.

Marjaana

If he does have a torn medial meniscus then any kind of skating will irritate it. I can't believe it's money he's looking for. He should be the most wealthy sportsman in Russia.

There is money at Campbells and Marshalls and dollars translate quite well into roubles. Does this mean we can expect him in St. Paul?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    I think he will be better off doing two GP's than doing a bunch of shows, as far as skating is concerned. If money is the priority, his decision may be right. Still, all that skating is likely to do damage to his already injured knee. Plus, show programs don't require the technical perfection the way competitions do. So he could be rusty going into the competitions at the end of the season. I think this is a terrible decision.
    Actually at a second thought. If he can't take a complete break to get his knee fixed. Then probably show is a better choice than GPs. 1) it is less technique demanded, no quad (the most damaging jump to the knee) needed in show program. 2) avoid the chance beaten by his competitors at earlier on season. thus Judge would still give him benefit of doubt in the big (Euro, Worlds) comps. It's comman in FS an almost 'untouchable' skater once being beaten by several skaters several times. Judges will not hold you up any more.

Custom Title
    Actually it seems that it is only the Campbell event where Plushy will not be participating:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=4

Wasn´t that clear already weeks ago?

Marjaana

Sorry Jaana - It was not clear that he definitely would NOT skate Campbells. I read it as doubtful but not conclusive.

BTW, any further news about the knee?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    If he does have a torn medial meniscus then any kind of skating will irritate it. I can't believe it's money he's looking for. He should be the most wealthy sportsman in Russia.
    Richer than the tennis players? I think not!

Custom Title
    You want to see the wealthiest sportsman in Russia, you should check out Yevgeny Kafelnikov's profile.
    http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...kov%2C+Yevgeny

That 23 million is just prize money, don't forget about clothing endorsements and racket endorsements as well as appearance fees.
    Is he single?

Anyway , back to our Yevgeny: if he skips the GP, I think it's the best thing he can do. I always felt that he skated too many GP events which would lead to injury. Now he can just do his show and rest up for the big events. BTW, is he going to have the knee surgery?

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Okay, I am seriously going to kill my sekret source. First report is he's out of GP. NOW it's he's out of Campbell's, but will do the GP. There is still the question mark of his confirmed appearance at Art on Ice that directly conflicts with NHK, one of his scoring events.

So I have absolutely no idea what was going on, and that's the last time I'll post speculation.

Laura

Ha! Well I wish him luck, whatever he decides to do. He is an awesome skater!

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Anyway , back to our Yevgeny: if he skips the GP, I think it's the best thing he can do. I always felt that he skated too many GP events which would lead to injury. Now he can just do his show and rest up for the big events. BTW, is he going to have the knee surgery?
    And to think two years ago there were so many posts condemning Michelle for skipping the GPs. Times change, don't they?

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast