Othman Towers Above Other Skaters | Golden Skate

Othman Towers Above Other Skaters

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Switzerland's Jamal Othman, who is just starting to recover his form after an ankle injury cost him most of the 2002-2003 season, may be the sport's tallest singles skater at six feet, three inches (186 cm).

More

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
gsk8 said:
Switzerland's Jamal Othman, who is just starting to recover his form after an ankle injury cost him most of the 2002-2003 season, may be the sport's tallest singles skater at six feet, three inches (186 cm).

More

Thanks Paula!

Next season there will be two male skaters from Switzerland in Worlds (or three?), so let´s hope this guy will make the team... He sure is tall, jumping is not so easy for him as those short guys of about 5´7" that are among the most consistent jumpers. Of course there is a lot more in skating than jumping, LOL, but unfortunately one does not get into the top without them...

Marjaana

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Jaana said:
Next season there will be two male skaters from Switzerland in Worlds (or three?), so let´s hope this guy will make the team...
Two. Patrick Meier finished 31st in Dortmund, making a team total of 35, far above the 13 maximum required to qualify 3 skaters for the next year.

isk8nbessy

Rinkside
Jamal is a great guy. I've gotten the chance to skate with him in Atlanta a few times and He's really a wonderful skater. Once you get to know him, he's really outgoing and funny. I'm glad he's coming around again he has so much potential. I hope this is a breakthrough season for him he's worked so hard.