2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It's the mystery of the century...they have always denied it, and now journalists have collectively stopped asking.
Anyway, if they are, I doubt they'd tell before the season is over.

Oh so so sorry! The earlier comment made it sound they were for sure dating: i thought it was confirmed. i really hope they bring it this upcoming season. I am a bit nervous for them but hopeful.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Huh? Ah what med school cna you graduate in 2.5 years? Did she have a B Sc or something in immunology or genetics or anatomy to start off with? This is amazing and yes, a competitive athlete often does very well in difficult studies.

different schooling system. Joannie is from Quebec, so as it says in the article, she did a science CEGEP which is a college degree shorter than a bachelors but leads into what we call pre-med here. You also forget that she's been already enrolled in med school when they are talking about when she will be graduating. She'll graduate IN 2.5 years, doesn't mean the program is that short. Afterwards, she will have to do residency.

McGill University is well known worldwide for the excellence of its medical program.

TGee

Record Breaker
For all those tracking the RoNam SBS pairs-style jump training...

An update gif posted by Nam

And the same as posted by Roman

Not such great unison in this one, but it does seem to be working to lock in better rhythm and consistency in their jumps...looking to seeing them integrate this into their solo programs this season..

Ender

Match Penalty
I am not thrilled by Osmond's new SP. I love her SP last season more. Her new LP might be just very generic but I guess it won't be as bad as her last season LP.

TGee

Record Breaker
I am not thrilled by Osmond's new SP. I love her SP last season more.

Uhm, I'm wondering if you are in Edmonton and pass through the West Edmonton Mall alot, or have tracked down some video that the rest of us would love to see....:scratch2:

While I loved the Pilaf, I'd have difficulty making judgements about this year's SP based on a gif of an early rough run through of the choreographic sequence with poor quality audio.......

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Uhm, I'm wondering if you are in Edmonton and pass through the West Edmonton Mall alot, or have tracked down some video that the rest of us would love to see....:scratch2:

While I loved the Pilaf, I'd have difficulty making judgements about this year's SP based on a gif of an early rough run through of the choreographic sequence with poor quality audio.......

I was visiting Edmonton for a conference. She's not skating at West Edmonton Mall; they have been doing repairs for like a month.

TGee

Record Breaker
I was visiting Edmonton for a conference. She's not skating at West Edmonton Mall; they have been doing repairs for like a month.

Thanks for sharing your view from an on-site early season peek....!

Hopefully, Kaetlyn and her choreographers will continue to evolve her programs as the season begins....We've seen that's been her pattern in the past, although the Pilaf was really solid from go...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks for sharing your view from an on-site early season peek....!

Hopefully, Kaetlyn and her choreographers will continue to evolve her programs as the season begins....We've seen that's been her pattern in the past, although the Pilaf was really solid from go...
pilaf = rice
piaf = singer

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn does not skate at the WE Mall in the off season. She's at the Ice Palace currently, Skaterboy.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
But I thought the mall was called Ice Palace. As well as something with Toyota in it? Anyways it is clear she isn't skating there right now - that was the point. And if you want to get technical I never said she skated at the mall now I just said it was being repaired so there was no way she could skate there. And I am not sure the relevance of such comment. Regardless, let's hope she is training well. I suppose if the new short doesn't work out she can go back to last year's.

hohoho

On the Ice
But I thought the mall was called Ice Palace. As well as something with Toyota in it? Anyways it is clear she isn't skating there right now - that was the point. And if you want to get technical I never said she skated at the mall now I just said it was being repaired so there was no way she could skate there. And I am not sure the relevance of such comment. Regardless, let's hope she is training well. I suppose if the new short doesn't work out she can go back to last year's.

Looking at the Ice Palace website, the club is based at West Edmonton Mall but are currently training at Callingwood Arena

singerskates

On the Ice
Looking at the Ice Palace website, the club is based at West Edmonton Mall but are currently training at Callingwood Arena
I can see that they are repairing the Ice Palace rink at West Edmonton Mall because I skated there in 2015 after completing in Calgary for Adult Canadians. The ice was melting in early April. The ice must have been souplike in June with all the hot weather and the sun beating down on it.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Wow that Senior Men's line up is absolutely stacked for a summer competition, Nic, Nam, Roman, Liam and Stephen Gogolev interestingly enough. Does he have to compete as a senior here because he is Junior National Champion?

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Just to be clear, Kaetlyn skates with the Ice Palace Skating Club, which uses several facilities in the Edmonton region, depending on the season and availability.

Re your statement Skater Boy, "go back to last year's", ...why would she? Don't tell me that this is based on your recommendation, upon viewing a 20 sec footwork clip? Why the lack of confidence in a program you have not yet seen? I am trusting that KO and her team, will make wonderful new programs, esp. in an Olympic year.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nic has been added to the Entry List for the 2017 Minto Summer Skate, so the Senior Men's event is almost like a mini-Canadian Championships: http://summerskate.mintoskatingclub.com/images/pdf/2017/AllFlights.pdf

I'm actually so excited to go watch him. I mean, the whole group is good, but he's my favourite.

Wow that Senior Men's line up is absolutely stacked for a summer competition, Nic, Nam, Roman, Liam and Stephen Gogolev interestingly enough. Does he have to compete as a senior here because he is Junior National Champion?

I don't think he has to, but he's still too young for the JGP, so he has no real reason to focus on junior programs, so I think he just wants to challenge himself.