Hamm and Hamill | Golden Skate

Hamm and Hamill

JockProf

Rinkside
If you're old (like me) then the scene last night at gymanstics was very much like 1974 Worlds when the audience booed the judges for several minutes before Dorothy Hamill the ice. Of course, we didn't have Tim Daggett there telling us that Paul Hamm is an "up and down boy".

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I thought of that, too. For Paul to go out and give the performance that he did (just like Dorothy) - what wonderful competitors!

Eeyora

Final Flight
Both my mother and I thought of that as well. Didn't she go on to win the silver as well?

Vash01

Medalist
I thought she won the gold, but I could be wrong. I only saw it on the magic memories tape, and it's been a while.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Vash01 said:
I thought she won the gold, but I could be wrong. I only saw it on the magic memories tape, and it's been a while.
She won the LP, but took the silver medal overall due to a lower figures placement. Christine Erath of GDR is the 1974 world champ.

OwenEvans

Rinkside
That was fantastic performance for Dottie - I l :love: :love: :love: :love: the 2 x walley into 2lutz - each jump perfectly on the beat of the music.

I think she skated better a better FS in 74 than she did @ O's