2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating

Warwick360

Medalist
You know what's weird? Not hearing a peep about You Young 😶

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I just hope she doesn't experience a burn out before or right after she hits the seniors level. I saw recently her feature on the Olympic youtube channel, and her saying she trains 10 hours a day seemed to baffle a number of people including me. At her age, is it the normal thing or is it just some of us not being able to understand? Either way, I really hope she lasts long and does well.

breadstal

Record Breaker
this is not relevant to Korean skaters, but I saw a very cute white fuzzy CG animal (looks like a bear or a bunny?) in _xxxkkkk 's twitter, seems it is about South Korea president election. what is that CUTE THING?:biggrin:

I think it's rabbit but it sometimes looks looks like bear for me too :laugh: South Korea peaked with their elections advertisements, I saw Game of Thrones, presidents dabbing etc. lol

breadstal

Record Breaker
Sooo, it's not only Soyoun in LA but Team Chi :love: From Soyoun' Insta live (credit to @soyounparkfan):
1. Team Chi will stay in LA until June
2. Photo from Soyoun's Instagram that I posted is her new SP ending!
3. Soyoun supports Jae-hwan Kim at Produce 101 (really famous show in South Korea, he's Jinseo's close friend, I checked him and he's such a great singer :eek:)
4. Her 17-18 season choreographer is Cindy.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Here is some refresher/rehash as to how many slots we will expect in the upcoming JGP season:
Mens - 2 entries in all 7 events
Ladies - 2 entries in all 7 events
Pairs - 2 entries in all 4 events
Ice Dance - 1 entry in 2 events (AUS and ITA)

The singles division has been doing well, especially the ladies. The men's will lose the starpower (Cha) but we see some potential from our fave denim cowboy Sihyeong. There's a resurgence from the ladies now that all of the bb trifecta are competing this season. We have Eunsoo, Yelim, and Yoo! Wish them the best. Pairs and ice dance remains a work in progress.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Thank you sunnystars!! :clap:

And I'll do a short refresher on the spots in the upcoming 2017 GP then (only for singles, sorry!).

Ladies:
Dabin Choi is guaranteed 2 spots because she placed within the top 12 at Worlds (she placed 10th).

Soyoun Park is guaranteed at least 1 spot because she is within the top 24 on the World Standings list (she is 23rd). And I say "at least" because it's likely that she'll get a 2nd spot from her Season's Best ranking when the empty spots are being filled. While her ranking is #31 there are 3 ladies who are too young for senior competitions along with Mao Asada (who for some reason is still on the list) above her, which moves Soyoun to #27.

Nahyun Kim is not guaranteed any spots but she is #43 (#37 if you take out the juniors above and Mao) on the SB list, so she may be an alternate in case someone withdraws.

Men:
Jun Hwan Cha is guaranteed at least 1 spot because he is within the top 24 in the Season's Best list (he is right on 24th). It is likely (if not guaranteed) that he'll get a 2nd spot due to the same reasons as Soyoun.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Men:
Jun Hwan Cha is guaranteed at least 1 spot because he is within the top 24 in the Season's Best list (he is right on 24th). It is likely (if not guaranteed) that he'll get a 2nd spot due to the same reasons as Soyoun.

I need KSU to do some talking with Skate Canada because I would love to see him live in Regina (if my school schedule allows it)

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I hope for federation to invite south korean skaters at their competitions. Olys are in Korea. Do your jobs feds !
And I hope for the korean skaters to be hungry to parcipate at the games. Nothing better than the games at home :agree:

PS : I'm waiting for the EXO, SHINee and BTS exhibitions. Otherwise, I will riot :dev2:

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Season 2017-18 Team Korea is re-announced (with little changes).
This is announced based of the results of Season 16-17 South Korean Nationals and Ranking Competitions.

Team A
Ladies: Eunsoo Lim, Nahyun Kim, Young You, Yelim Kim, Dabin Choi, Yun kyung Kam, So hyun An, Hanul Kim (8)
Men: Jun hwan Cha, Jinseo Kim, June hyoung Lee, Sihyeong Lee (4)
Pairs: Kyueun Kim/Alex Kangchan Kam (1)

Team B
Ladies: Gyohee Jeon, Suh hyun Son, Yujin Choi, Seo young Lee, Haejin Kim, Yena Kwon (6)
Men: Sejong Byun, Geon hyoung An (2)
Ice Dance: Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin (1)
Pairs: Su yeon Kim/Hyoungtae Kim (1)

Team C
Ladies: Hyun soo Lee, Su been Jeon, Chae eun Noh, Sena Kim, Ye eun Seo, So eun Choi, Hyun soo Choi, Mi sun Park, Soomin Kang (9)
Men: Jaeseok Kyeong, Young hyun Cha, Hangil Kim (3)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
^ Does anyone know why So Youn Park is missing in the list? She's not injured, is she?

breadstal

Record Breaker
Grand Prix entries.

Jun Hwan in Skate America and Skate Canada.

Soyoun in CoR and NHK. Dabin in CoC and Skate America. Nahyun in Skate Canada.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Junhwan's programs:
SP What a Wonderful World by One Republic
FS The Planet by Gustav Holst

s_parks

Record Breaker
Wait, there's a national team selection competition at the end of next month?? Didn't realize it was so soon, lol...

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Wait, there's a national team selection competition at the end of next month?? Didn't realize it was so soon, lol...

Actually, it is selection for olympics and jgp, not national team, though... it must be very big event:cool: already very excited to see my favorites!! Hope I can be there this time... if time allowed.