another Olympics injustice | Golden Skate

another Olympics injustice

humbaba

Final Flight
I've been watching the equestrian events in the Olympics, and it occured to me that the horse is the real athlete in that sport. It's the horse that's running around the ring, jumping over fences, racing the clock. Plus it looks like it must really smart when they bang their forelegs on those rails.

I think the horses should get the medals, not the humans riding around on their backs :laugh: . Another example of bias against the genus equine. Maybe the horses will file a protest. :laugh: :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
humbaba said:
I think the horses should get the medals, not the humans riding around on their backs.

Or, at the very least, their own wreath and a nice bag of oats!

Did I hear right on TV just now that the German silver medalist in ladies dressage had been suspended from the 2002 world championships for testing positive for steroids? This is the rider, not the horse (?)

MM

bronxgirl

Medalist
Won't know until tonight (assuming thatcomment was captured on the segment my VCR was taping), but I can't see why any dressage rider would need steroids. It is a sport of sublety and elegance, not muscles. Steroids would add nothing to a dressage rider's performance that I can think of.