Canadian Idol, Tonight's Show...hmm........... | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol, Tonight's Show...hmm...........

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have to say tonight's show left me flat. After the great job done with Gordon Lightfoot's songs, the gang fell flat on their faces. It was not their best efforts.

Theresa: Well her voice is good. I am not sure a Smokey Robinson song - "Cruisin" - is her forte, but she sang better than the rest of the bunch.

Shane - Very disappointed. He sang "Can't take my Eyes off of You" - had some technical problems. Just did not go over well.

Kalan - Why would he pick the Doobie brothers - okay, but not great.

Jacob - Hate that song by Aerosmith and he gives me the creeps. If he wins this thing, he needs some dental work.

Jason - At least he is true to himself and picked a good song - Robert Palmer - "Bad Case of Loving you." Not quite the Palmer delivery, but good effort.

The whole show just seemed to be flat tonight. Need another great artist like Gordon Lightfoot to show up!!!

mike79

On the Ice
I'm not a fan of the theme that they used. Summertime Hits is too wide of a selection for the Idols to choose from.

Theresa was head and shoulders better than the rest last night. She picked a great song and she performed it very well.

Kalan was good, but not as good as usual.

Jacob picked a song that I can't stand but he did a passable job of it. Don't Want to Miss a Thing should be retired from all Idol shows because it's so overused.

Shane disappointed me. I found him cheesy and boring.

Jason was the worst...again.

Predictions: Bottom 2 of Shane and Jason with Shane going home.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Mike:

You may be right. It will be either Jason or Shane. I am disappointed with Shane, I thought he might pull it off, but just did not have the staying power.

Poor choice of songs for all of them this time

Ladskater

Record Breaker
So Shane "bit, the dust" just as you predicted Mike! I guess it was going to be either Shane or Jason. Actually, I thought Shane sang the song better tonight on his "Swan Song" performance than last night. Too bad. I still like his singing and hope his career takes off. Too bad Jacob did not get voted off. He is just too weird.......... :rolleye:

mike79

On the Ice
I find that most of the performers sing better when they get voted off. Maybe it's because all the pressure is finally gone or something like that.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
mike79 said:
I find that most of the performers sing better when they get voted off. Maybe it's because all the pressure is finally gone or something like that.

It just could be!!! Say, I was wondering do they know ahead that they are getting voted off? They always have a "farewell" video prepared - it's like they already know before the show is over. Just wondering.