Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 107 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
GOOD, you are recruiting more fans! :biggrin: I myself turned one of my friends into a somewhat-still-closeted fs fan this year. We should be so proud of ourselves!

I totally agree re: Lotte's styling. Commercial was perfectly fine, the promo event was elementary. You don't have to be a fancy-pants coordinator to understand that matching both the outfits of the promoters and the background color to the product's color is a bad idea, nothing pops! It's just one harsh color :disapp: They needed some contrast.

(as cooper likes to say regarding Yuna in her thread) Get that $$$, Yuzuru!! :cool:

Show me the money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

smasma

On the Ice
I'm not a big fan of TKG but I'm glad he's eating this much.

Same here! I'm glad that he can actually eat that much! :eek: I can't even eat half of what's on the table!! :biggrin: I guess he can eat a lot as long as that's what he likes to eat. :laugh: Is he a bit spoiled or what?! ;)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I didn't know that was a thing until I saw the video and then looked it up. Now I wish I could go back to not knowing. Raw egg. Ick XD

My mother also has nearly gagged when I've mentioned this dish before. But I pointed out to her she has in fact eaten both raw cookie dough (with eggs) and meringue which is whipped raw eggs, unless it is in the form of a cookie in which case it is baked.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
My mother also has nearly gagged when I've mentioned this dish before. But I pointed out to her she has in fact eaten both raw cookie dough (with eggs) and meringue which is whipped raw eggs, unless it is in the form of a cookie in which case it is baked.

Not the same, I think. With Merengue you use sugar and that kinds of cure the egg.

I saw this before in the japanese restaurant where I eat my sushi. I always thought they will heat the rice so high that the egg kind of cooked itself. Guess I was wrong.

But I think it will be even worse to eat this after two days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCrKYlbI1g or to eat nato with raw eggs.

jace93

On the Ice
I didn't know that was a thing until I saw the video and then looked it up. Now I wish I could go back to not knowing. Raw egg. Ick XD

There is a quite famous italian dish called spaghetti carbonara, were you drip raw egg over bacon and spaghetti and you coat it with pecorino cheese. Actually the egg is cooked by the heat of the pasta, but still it's quite similar in its premise and it's very good =)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I would never eat raw egg, that's just impossible this can taste good :slink:, and I don't want to even try ... :biggrin:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Not the same, I think. With Merengue you use sugar and that kinds of cure the egg.

Hmm ok. The sugar is really just to sweeten it though, the meringue itself is purely formed from the protein in the egg being beaten up and thus breaking it up so to speak, but I get what you mean about it being a completely different tasting thing. I myself never cared for eggs in any form and am glad I no longer eat them at all :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am watching Yuzuru's SP when he was 13 again. Sing sing sing was lovely and fun! It's so obvious he can do an upbeat and fun program. I hope he will choose something like Sing Sing Sing in the future: http://youtu.be/2ycoGp4q9Ms

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Is nice to have a lot of Yuzuru, but I hope he is already on his way to Canada and stay there until Finlandia Open.

I agree. :agree: Finlandia is in a little over 5 weeks (can't wait :yay: :yay:) and he needs to rest and train to be ready. I hope he arrives back in Toronto soon.

nekosan

Spectator
I would never eat raw egg, that's just impossible this can taste good :slink:, and I don't want to even try ... :biggrin:

There is a quite famous italian dish called spaghetti carbonara, were you drip raw egg over bacon and spaghetti and you coat it with pecorino cheese. Actually the egg is cooked by the heat of the pasta, but still it's quite similar in its premise and it's very good =)

Every Japanese (even Yuzuru!) likes putting something raw (Let's say "fresh") and watery or slimy on rice. But a Japanese fan community noticed he mixed soy sauce with rice before he adds egg, which is unique! Ingredients: cooked Japonica rice, a drop of soy sauce, a fresh egg + anything you like.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Every Japanese (even Yuzuru!) likes putting something raw (Let's say "fresh") and watery or slimy on rice. But a Japanese fan community noticed he mixed soy sauce with rice before he adds egg, which is unique! Ingredients: cooked Japonica rice, a drop of soy sauce, a fresh egg + anything you like.
As a Japanese, raw egg was pretty much part of my menu 2-3 times a week when I was a child. -- I thought it was great! I also loved natto when I was little, but now not so much. In japan slimy things are VERY YUMMY. We have slimy mushrooms, okra, mountain potatoes, raw eggs, raw fish, moroheya (a kind of slimy leaf vegetable), and natto. That's not even half of them.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I blended 1 chopped frozen banana, 1 raw egg, cold soya milk, a bit of cold water and a few ice cubes. But make sure the egg does not have salmonella. Taste like banana milkshake. I ever added a quarter avocado as well. :biggrin:

smasma

On the Ice
I guess raw egg is more popular in the Asian culture. Japanese dips sukiyaki in raw eggs. Also Chinese serves raw egg as one of the dippings for hot pot.

firal

Record Breaker
Aww I love TKG! Guess I'll love it more now since Hanyu-kun also enjoyed it so much? :laugh: I've heard that advice to people who could not really stand the slimy feeling of the egg is to microwave the egg+rice+soy sauce for just a few seconds...There was also another egg dish (Japanese-style omelette?) on the table I can see from the footage. If that's also for him than I guess he really like eggs! Or maybe that's where he get his protein from since he is not that into meat? (Side note: Daisuke asked to have no eggs in his sandwich in the table-talk pre-FOI...ha!)

Am I the only who who thinks his skin looks extra good in the whole video, even when he is sweating like crazy right after the performance when he is talking to the audience? I can't tell if he is wearing any make-up or not for TV, but even if he is, I'm buying whatever he is using!

On a slightly more personal note, I finalized my tickets to Cup of China finally! People at my bank were amazed when I told them I am wiring money over to China for show tickets :p. Now I just have to pick them up when I get to Shanghai at the ticket office building (really annoying that I can't pick them up at the venue...more chance for me to get lost in a foreign city).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
firal, sweating is supposed to be really good for your pores & skin :p And some people- even as teenagers -will just have a completely even-toned complexion due to genetics. How lucky he is :laugh:

dasani

On the Ice
But a Japanese fan community noticed he mixed soy sauce with rice before he adds egg, which is unique!

Thanks for pointing this out! I watched that part of the video a few times wondering if he did mix in the soy sauce (think i did hear the narrator mentioned it in the clip), and now I know he mixed it in the rice already! I need to attain to the details more next time XDD

In japan slimy things are VERY YUMMY. We have slimy mushrooms, okra, mountain potatoes, raw eggs, raw fish, moroheya (a kind of slimy leaf vegetable), and natto. That's not even half of them.

Wow, what a list of raw slimy items you have here! I love raw eggs on rice, but would only eat this when I'm in Japan. The eggs taste much different in Japan and with a few drops of soy sauce on steamy hot rice and I'm in heaven!

I love natto and like mountain potatoes also (the later I "make" myself like it caz of the health benefits XD)

Am I the only who who thinks his skin looks extra good in the whole video, even when he is sweating like crazy right after the performance when he is talking to the audience? I can't tell if he is wearing any make-up or not for TV, but even if he is, I'm buying whatever he is using!

I think his skin looks good as usual but I especially felt that he looks a few years younger after the skate when he was doing the interview. Yuzu looks like he is the 17 years old little Romeo again! Don't know how he manages to do that!

smasma

On the Ice
There was also another egg dish (Japanese-style omelette?) on the table I can see from the footage. If that's also for him than I guess he really like eggs! Or maybe that's where he get his protein from since he is not that into meat? (Side note: Daisuke asked to have no eggs in his sandwich in the table-talk pre-FOI...ha!)

Isn't there also a tonkatsu (pork cutlet) on the table as well?? :biggrin: I remember he said he likes tonkatsu as well.

Any makeup (if he did wear makeup) would be melted with his sweat, don't you think?? :laugh:

On a slightly more personal note, I finalized my tickets to Cup of China finally! People at my bank were amazed when I told them I am wiring money over to China for show tickets :p. Now I just have to pick them up when I get to Shanghai at the ticket office building (really annoying that I can't pick them up at the venue...more chance for me to get lost in a foreign city).

Good for you. Enjoy COC and cheer for him on my behalf as well please. :bow: I'll be watching his performance from home. :popcorn:

smasma

On the Ice
Just found a picture of Yuzu's autograph at the restaurant he has visited in Hachinohe where he had his favorite TKG. This looks exactly like what he has ordered. Having said that, this restaurant has gone out of business. :cry:

Also, here's the Yuzu's Sendai Tourism PR Poster from NHK Touhoku. He wrote "Welcome to my hometown. Sendai!!" in English and signed it too! Good job! :clap: He looks really cute! :points: Apparently they have printed 1000 copies and it will be distributed throughout Sendai and also in souvenir shops in Tokyo and America, etc?! I wonder if they'll also have one in Toronto as well. :party2: