Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Actually he could have done that already in GPF last season if he would have landed perfect quad sal and not messed last spin. If he will do his planned layout this season cleanly it will be something

I am really sure his quad sal will be perfect this season when he surely saw Nam landing two perfect quad sals in competition in a row :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow, you guys are surely positive. While I am more worried about his back. For now I don't care much about his scores.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am not so afraid about his back because he have great team around him and they would not let him do anything that would be dangerous for his back :agree:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
I wonder what they were talking about, why did they laugh so hard?:think:

They were saying Yuzu was a sadist and Nobu was a machoist :p If you're aggressive and enjoy being bossy, you're a ドS, and if you're shy and prefer to let others make all the decisions, you're a ドM

yhmafan

Medalist
^Love the "Yuzu Rock and Roll" video too! So exhilarating!

From the comment of the uploader/creator yuzuwalkways (kudos for the great job), it's a birthday video for nonchan yuzu, to whom nonJapanese Yuzuru fans like me owe a huge debt of gratitude for her tireless efforts in making English subs for the Japanese videos on Yuzuru and generally spreading the "gospel" of Yuzuru in her tumblr posts, gifs, etc. Birthday greetings (though a tad late) and best wishes to her!:hb:

Thanks to yhmafan for posting the video link, alia and Tommmy for the picture links, and smasma for the translation.

you are welcome :)

They were saying Yuzu was a sadist and Nobu was a machoist :p

the precise meaning of the words S or ドS(S-type in person) in Japanese are different from the meaning of the word "Sadist" ;)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, you guys are surely positive. While I am more worried about his back. For now I don't care much about his scores.

I'm not near as worried about his back as I am worried about Machida now. :laugh:

Seriously though, I have faith Yuzu knows what he's doing and has a great team looking out for him as well. Can't wait to finally see his Phantom in two weeks!

annca

On the Ice
http://ice.edeaskates.com/en/our-skaters/senior/yuzuru-hanyu/

Yuzuru was born on 7th December 1994 in Sendai, Japan.His name means ‘taut rope’ which is a symbol of straightness, trust and strength.

Yuzuru is the complete skater:
• His jumps are the things you notice the most when he skates. They are enormous yet precise, and despite the extraordinarily length and height he lands them with a light and delicate touch, often with an exit speed that is greater than his take-off speed.
• His spins are fast and, because of his great flexibility, look almost impossible to execute shown most notably in his trademark Biellmann spin.
• His steps and fluidity, his amazing ability to glide apparently effortlessly across the ice, gaining speed very quickly means the entire rink can be covered with a few steps and crossed steps.

But Yuzuru isn’t just about technique; above all it is his ability to interpret, to give emotion to his performance, which leaves the audience transfixed. When skating he bares his soul, abandoning himself to the performance, connecting with his audience and leaving them breathless. It feels like he’s not just skating to the music but creating the music. Indeed, during his performance, as his blades glides gracefully across the ice, Yuzuru is the music.

firal

Record Breaker
I don't know how professional athletes prepare just before their competitions, but do you guys think he is watching Machida-san's programs and feeling that extra motivation? I know they always say in interviews that they just want to perform their best and it's not about beating anybody, but that competitiveness can come in handy sometimes. :p I only hope that he won't push himself too hard now if his body doesn't allow him.

Oh, I'm both worried and excited about the upcoming CoC. :bang:Is it November yet?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
AS I remember Yuzuru said that last season he was watching Patrick and thinkin that he MUST beat him, and he was so focused on that that this was not working, and then he changed his approach before GPF, and started to think that his biggest rival he is himself and if he can beat himself and deliver his best then he will achieve what he wants. Something like that :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Esopian

Final Flight
Hahaha, it is funny to recall when he attended SA back in the day; I actually really enjoyed his "Hello, I love you" exhibition program because of that aspect. ;)

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Only 17 then already so cool, the way he removed his tshirt then casually twirled and threw it to the audience plus the last slides with knees on the ice....Rockstar :love:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Please, noooo. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
There are twisted ankles that are only slight, and then there are ones that are very severe. I hope this is not serious.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I don't know, if that would be a truth I think he would have been withdrawed already from GP, and Mr Orser talked only about back at SA only

Maybe Kurt heard only some twist information from back ijnuiry that turned from people to people on ankle injuiry, he seems very uncertain about that info. Let's stay positive