Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 153 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Elaine666

Final Flight
Ye, I even saw on other forum that Yuzu fans in China found a list when skaters will land in China airport :unsure: They go crazy for him there

It seems that COC official has this tradition to diclose skaters' flight and hotel information to fans. Overall figure skating is not a big hit in China and the day yuzu arrives is afternoon of a weekday, guess not many fans would be able to welcome him at airport.

TuTU9678

On the Ice
First post :) Too excited for CoC! Yuzuru will be on the plane to China by this time tomorrow :yay: Then he has 2 days to get over the jet lag...

iceberg

On the Ice
goodluck on his 4 planned quads.

hello to javi who has 4 quads as well but wasn't able to live up to his very ambitious BV.

Esopian

Final Flight
This is so exciting, isn't it? :yay: I can't wait for the competition to start along with the mass media coverage. :biggrin:

ayarose

On the Ice
I don't think we have to worry about Hanyu too much though. This guy only Zayaked once as a senior! He's really fast on his feet and personally, I think it shows he has a good understanding of the system - at least the jumping part of the system :biggrin:
Now if only Hanyu could give some tips to Javi :slink:

Yup, if there's one thing that Yuzu's good at while competing, it's his ability to think fast on his feet. He probably wrote several plans for what ifs. This kid has a detailed account of his layout with matching color codes, so we just have to trust him.

Javi could give him tips about 4S and Yuzu will give him tips on math. But mentality is not as easy as technique so Javi is still in doubt. If only Yuzu can bottle his mentality and share them with his friends. :biggrin:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Welcome to tuTU9678 and thanks so much to everyone who posted links and updates. :)

After reading Shae-Lynn's interview care of HanDomi and yude, I am getting more and more intrigued about Yuzuru's free program. First of all, I am glad that Shae-Lynn also saw and was careful to preserve in her choreography for Yuzuru's free program the "congenital lightness" (so much like Mao's I think) which makes Yuzuru's skating special. This quality is readily evident in Yuzuru's Chopin short, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle, where the lightning fast step sequence and arm movement bring to my mind the delicate fluttering of butterfly wings. In addition to that though Shae-Lynn aims for Yuzuru to show in his free program "strength and manliness... silence, control, power...," in short gravitas. So different from the rash, impetuous Romeo Yuzuru has portrayed before. And much as I love Yuzuru the boy, I am also excited to see his new free program reflect his growing maturity mentally, physically (three quads!), and emotionally.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Just rewatched Hanyu's new SP, and I can't wait to see it in action. Its such a beautiful programs and I hope he can do it justice. The footwork sequence is just amazing and his layout suits the music perfectly....I want to see the limits of his musicality and in the back of my mind, I'm a bit sad that the layout is so difficult because I know it'll affect his overall performance. Plus the costume is a nice touch, very fitting for this music :)

firal

Record Breaker
Hello from skate Canada where I will be on my way to cup of China next:p This was my first live GP( only saw ice shows before) and I have to say that costumes do not translate well on TV or photo at all! They are so much more breathtaking in real life, and when I read that people who watched the stream or video had problems with certain costume, I was like:"I don't remember that...":think: Especially the ones with rhinestones and jewels; they are just incredible. What I'm trying to say is that I am a Yuzuru-bling convert! (Oh no! :laugh:)

Any speculation regarding which EX he'll perform? Whether it'll be an oldie, or from the ice shows from this past summer( ex.Time Traveler), or a brand new one? He probably doesn't have time for a new one, but Javier does.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Just rewatched Hanyu's new SP, and I can't wait to see it in action. Its such a beautiful programs and I hope he can do it justice. The footwork sequence is just amazing and his layout suits the music perfectly....I want to see the limits of his musicality and in the back of my mind, I'm a bit sad that the layout is so difficult because I know it'll affect his overall performance. Plus the costume is a nice touch, very fitting for this music :)

Same here. Worried about the 4t and the difficult entrance to 33 combo for his SP.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Hello from skate Canada where I will be on my way to cup of China next:p This was my first live GP( only saw ice shows before) and I have to say that costumes do not translate well on TV or photo at all! They are so much more breathtaking in real life, and when I read that people who watched the stream or video had problems with certain costume, I was like:"I don't remember that...":think: Especially the ones with rhinestones and jewels; they are just incredible. What I'm trying to say is that I am a Yuzuru-bling convert! (Oh no! :laugh:)

Any speculation regarding which EX he'll perform? Whether it'll be an oldie, or from the ice shows from this past summer( ex.Time Traveler), or a brand new one? He probably doesn't have time for a new one, but Javier does.

If yuzu does not prepare a new EX, I prefer Time Traveler (like the costume) or the SP from 11-12 season, his very first performance at COC.

smasma

On the Ice

I bet (and hope) that Yuzu's EX for this year will be PW. :biggrin:

echotpe

On the Ice
... This quality is readily evident in Yuzuru's Chopin short, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle, where the lightning fast step sequence and arm movement brings to my mind the delicate fluttering of butterfly wings.

In addition to that though Shae-Lynn aims for Yuzuru to show in his free program "strength and manliness... silence, control, power...," in short gravitas. So different from the rash, impetuous Romeo Yuzuru has portrayed before.

^ Maria Victoria, the butterfly symbolism is exact image I get in watching DOI video. However, in latter Toyama ice show version, such image is fading due to the lighting and camera views. So I wonder (but excited) how it will be in CoC version by a different arena lighting (no lighting changes like ice shows) and shooting arrangement.

Here is another description of Ballade 1 program I favorite.
"When I see Yuzu skate this piece with that light (in both color and material) outfit,
I can't help but see the image of a doll. Delicate, flowing, quiet...
A calm and almost lonely sort of emotion from a life-sized doll—
Then put into frenzy like a marionette tugged by the strings of music.
The beauty is in the details. "
By zeldaindisguise

Besides, following are two edited videos in substitute of music for Yuzu’s two programs, no commentary at all. I often watch them to waiting the first competition coming. Share to you all.

* Chopin Ballade #1 Yuzuru Hanyu SP ver. [No Commentary]

* 羽生結弦「オペラ座の怪人」 / 編曲予想(POTO music pre-arrangement)

Wo|flax

Final Flight
I kind of like it too except for the lacy sleeves. So excited that we will very soon find out what the costume looks like after MONTHS of speculation! :laugh:

:laugh: I like the lacy sleeves and nothing else (ok I like the visible part of the waist but that doesn't sound as snappy)

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Thanks!
when he talks serious like that :love:
but, I don't understand what he was talking about gears?:confused:

Thanks for all the translation

The fans are really gearing up for COC
Promotion movie #1
Promotion movie #2 Epic music, Hanyu should be skating to this
Promotion movie #3
Promotion movie #4 I freaking love this one, can he skate SP to this music
Promotion movie #5 Love this one too :biggrin: