Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 597 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I don't think he will try that. And honestly he has done a piano SP this season I highly doubt that he will go for 2 piano next season.
It's so clear that Jeff is in Japan not for Yuzuru (or at least I am 80% sure of it) since Yuzuru is preparing for WTT.
I guess it's for Mao, also a long time friend of Jeff. Anyways, if we want heavy and dramatic music for Yuzuru next season I recommend this: https://youtu.be/F5zg_af9b8c

Anyways, new interview it seems: http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/othersports/2015/04/10/post_479/

Agreed. I don't think we'll see another piano program next season, Brian's strategy was to try different styles so it doesn't seem logical.

gsyzf

Medalist
Doesn't depend on 3 quads. If Yuzu is on, with speed and flow he will get the same components, as Patrick.
Their SS too different to compare lightness vs power, but both very admirable.

My statement is based on how the current judging system works. The fact that Javi got higher PCS than Yuzu at the world championship can only be explained by Javi having more quads (Javi had 3 quads in the LP and Yuzu popped his 4S, so he only has one quad in the program. The popping wasn't unclean or disruptive, but it lowers the difficulty of the program. Both fell once. Javi wasn't any cleaner than Yuzu in the LP. Also most people say that Javi's skating skill is not as good as Denis. But Javi got the same skating skill score as Denis at the WC and Denis Ten's LP is cleaner than Javi.) So quads do raise the difficulty of the overall program and that gets rewarded in the PCS as well. (It probably boosts each component by a little bit.) I just make a statement now, so if that turns out to be true in the future, I hope no one is surprised. It happens not because of favoritism or conspiracy, that's just how the current judging system works. Of course, Yuzu needs to skate that 3 quad LP well to get the PCS.

--------
Edit: I do think even with Yuzu's current program (2 quads LP), he should be getting comparable PCS as Patrick. So with a more difficult program, Yuzu should be getting higher PCS than Patrick if he skates well.

Last edited:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Appreciation for the spread eagle-3A-spread eagle, I can watch this a thousand time :love:

He done this effortlessly, we even saw it during GPF gala. I wonder why the full combination was taken out in the modified layout to just 3A-spread eagle?

Well he technically changed it to a back rocker/counter (???) - 3A - spread eagle, which I think is more difficult, but the spread eagle sandwich was more beautiful. I have no idea why they didn't stick with it though after the 4T was moved, but its still brilliant.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
My statement is based on how the current judging system works. The fact that Javi got higher PCS than Yuzu at the world championship can only be explained by Javi having more quads (Javi had 3 quads in the LP and Yuzu popped his 4S, so he only has one quad in the program. The popping wasn't unclean or disruptive, but it lowers the difficulty of the program. Both fell once. Javi wasn't any cleaner than Yuzu in the LP. Also most people say that Javi's skating skill is not as good as Denis. But Javi got the same skating skill score as Denis at the WC and Denis Ten's LP is cleaner than Javi.) So quads do raise the difficulty of the overall program and that gets rewarded in the PCS as well. (It probably boosts each component by a little bit.) I just make a statement now, so if that turns out to be true in the future, I hope no one is surprised. It happens not because of favoritism or conspiracy, that's just how the current judging system works. Of course, Yuzu needs to skate that 3 quad LP well to get the PCS.

--------
Edit: I do think even with Yuzu's current program (2 quads LP), he should be getting comparable PCS as Patrick. So with a more difficult program, Yuzu should be getting higher PCS than Patrick if he skates well.

Well, there's nothing official about this. If this is the reason, it's just because some judges personally feel that way (which is not appropriate nor fair).

gsyzf

Medalist
Well, there's nothing official about this. If this is the reason, it's just because some judges personally feel that way (which is not appropriate nor fair).

It's true there is nothing offical about this. But I also feel there is nothing official about the way PCS is judged. I really could not think of any other reason to explain Javi's PCS. (Please, no conspiracy theory.) I actually think it's more appropriate and more fair to consider the quads in the PCS judging. If you look at the mens with no quads, there is an upper limit to the PCS they can get. It’s certainly more difficult to do both quads and all the transitions than doing no quads and transitions. If quads really are not factored into the PCS, then a quadless program can score higher than a quad program due to a quadless program having higher PCS. We will have the quad debate again. My guess is judges are more inclined to reward quads in the PCS as well despite no written rules.

Last edited:

Lindacrow

Final Flight
Can any Japanese posters translate this poster? Is this a poster for an ice show which yuzu will be in?

http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/image/116005933132

Edit: Yuzu when he's a flower boy ! It's so nice to have posters with such keen eyes!!!!

At the top, I think it says "Yuzuru Hanyu Visual Book", In the little bubble it also says "special gravure." So based on this, a photo book called We Love Figure Skating is coming out on April 25th, probably about his 2014-2015 season, judging by the english bottom? Im not to sure, I only know a little bit of Japanese, sorry if Im wrong :hopelessness:

Last edited: