Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 196 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I saw that thing on tumblr yesterday and I'm still laughing. Most hilarious part: Your horoscope can tell you if you are gay??? :laugh: maybe fortune tellers should team up with some of those doctors who try to cure the gay.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Speaking of his love life personality.Yesterday someone posted this translation on tumblr, no much weight but still pretty funny
http://yuzuristxoxo.tumblr.com/post/85131439156/i-found-an-article-about-a-fortune-teller-called
Have fun
Arcording to this fun, then... MAO please! Muahahahahahah. Mao can take care of this kid so well. She's more mature and composed. La la la la :popcorn:

EDIt: If the kid like guys, I would be one of the first to second him! :laugh: go for it, kiddo!

skatefan22

Medalist
EDIt: If the kid like guys, I would be one of the first to second him! :laugh: go for it, kiddo!

After watching and reading many videos/reports about him, I honestly can't detect if he likes girls or guys. It is just mysterious. Maybe the public need to wait for 10 years to know his ''the one''...

SuzyQ

Medalist
Didn't he mean "meat eater" in love life? Because such terms as "grass eater" "meat eater" can by applied to different kinds of lovers. Actually people use such terms rather to show two types of lovers. The ones who are shy and passive and the ones who are active and assertive (some even state that aggressive towards women, but I don't want to see Hanyu as this type).
As far as I remember, wasn't it Daisuke who said that you shouldn't tease Hanyu or make him angry when he's concentrating or serious because he'll get really mad?

In Japan, young men these days are criticized as being too passive in everything without eagerness or ambition, including love life, and they are called "Soshoku Danshi", or "Soshoku-kei Danshi", means grass-eating boys or herbivore boys. They don't like to fight and very timid. And it became popular to categorize boys into herbivore or carnivore. Then, girls too are categorized the same, and there are of course carnivore girls :biggrin: Very positive and active like carnivore animals, especially in love life, towards boys :rofl:

Actually, the man in the video did not say Yuzuru was clumsy. He said that hypothetically. He asked Daisuke "Could you tell us unknown side or secret of your teammates? The real type of them? For example, Hanyu-kun looks like a prince, but he really is clumsy or something like that?"

Daisuke replied, "Hanyu-kun looks like herbivore, but he really is the opposite. I may look like carnivore, but just the opposite."

"Oh, he is carnivore, really!?"

"Yes, if talking about the type. 'hanaikiga arai (literally means snorty or haughty)' may not the right word, but he is very aggressive, meanwhile I concede."

AlexSaytor, maybe you are talking about this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE09X0MDR0

Daisuke is singing in the waiting room when Yuzuru is performing "Hana ni nare".

Daisuke: (Jokingly) How about my going there and singing together? I may get yelled, huh?

Nobunari: Oh, please don't (laughs)

Tatsuki: He (Yuzuru) will get really mad at you! If you fool around while he is concentrating seriously, he will get really uptight!

What have you witnessed, Tatsuki? :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Wow, interesting! By the way, is that fortune-teller famous? Is he/she professional or amateur? Just curious.
No idea... maybe someone in Japan knows her.

My "radar" tell me he is into girls... And I want him to date MAO, but I wont cry if he choose Yuna it will mean peace between KS and Japan <3

If he likes guys... I don´t know who will be good enough for my little Yuzuru...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
^^ Javi? :eek:: This thread went one whole round back to his love life :laugh:

Sorry Javi has a girlfriend, I think Canadian, she even was with him during the SoI Japan tour.
<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/mWj_GNDi6J/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation of that video, SuzyQ :laugh: that's hilarious (but I can totally see this attitude, kinda like 'hey, I'm working here, be a professional, man!")

And also thank you for explaining that other thing (but now I need to go and look at pictures of puppies or kittens or something to get my mind out of the gutter... my brain is creating all sorts of double entendres with the whole grass/meat eater thing and I'm afraid soon my synapses are just gonna short-circuit)

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
"Yes, if talking about the type. 'hanaikiga arai (literally means snorty or haughty)' may not the right word, but he is very aggressive, meanwhile I concede."

AlexSaytor, maybe you are talking about this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE09X0MDR0

Oh, did he call him aggressive in a bad way? I mean, offensive or just vigorous? Meaning angry person who would get mad at you easily? If yes, I would assume that Yuzuru's scared the sh*t out of him once and he remembered it :laugh: Personally I don't believe that Yuzuru is really aggressive, he seems to be so poised, quite, acceptive, tolerant and sympathetic. So I'd rather prefer expressive and vigorous.
Yes, I meant that moment, thank you.

echotpe

On the Ice
Mother Day messages from Yuzu

As the ambassador of P&G Mom sponsor campaign, Yuzu delivers his messages of gratitude before the eve of Mother Day.

https://m.facebook.com/ProcterGambleJP/photos/pb.312992188763085.-2207520000.1399544825./706058072789826/?type=1&source=54&refid=17

As we have known, his mother is always along with him and takes great efforts to care the young man, from daily training life to all competitions worldwide. Not to mention how she worries and finds way to improve his diet issue.

This season Yuzu won three titles. The results make him realize once again how important with supports of his mom, family and resources all around, from the beginning he skates till now. He wants to say “thank you all”.

Actually, I have an impression that Yuzu’ mom as a “tiger mom”. :think: For example, after Sochi, Yuzu answered a question how his family reacted to his gold medal. He said the conversation between he and mom was to find out the reasons resulting in the fell, instead of cheers with each other and so on.

The other example was in Worlds this year. His mother informed him that Mao took her revenge from SP (she fell in Sochi) and he should do the same from his LP.

I really admire this lady, who should win a gold medal for her raise such amazing son. :thumbsup:

SuzyQ

Medalist
Oh, did he call him aggressive in a bad way? I mean, offensive or just vigorous? Meaning angry person who would get mad at you easily? If yes, I would assume that Yuzuru's scared the sh*t out of him once and he remembered it :laugh: Personally I don't believe that Yuzuru is really aggressive, he seems to be so poised, quite, acceptive, tolerant and sympathetic. So I'd rather prefer expressive and vigorous.
Yes, I meant that moment, thank you.

"Hanaikiga arai" also means aggressive, or sometimes even arrogant. Just like an image of a high blower :laugh:
Although he said that it was not the exact word, Daisuke actually said Yuzuru is an aggressive type of person, but never with a negative nuance, rather with astonishment. Yuzuru never hide his fighting spirit. Japanese male skaters are generally shy and relatively pacific in a meaning. Of course they have fighting spirit inside, but seldom show it outwards. Once Takahito Mura mentioned jokingly that Yuzuru's character rather fits for combat sports.

In the Worlds this year, he proved that. He just wanted to win, and did not want to lose against Machida. He said that in the new interview of the NUMBER magazine.

I think his aggressiveness has been working positively for Team Japan, especially for shy boys. Machida said his achievement this season was owing to Yuzuru to a great extent :agree:

skatefan22

Medalist
Yuzu never hides his desire for victory and spot-light. He used to say that in school stage performance, he always wants to be the leading actor. One of the reasons that he loves figure skating is that he can be at the very center of the audience and he owns a huge stage.

For Javier, having a GF doesn't necessarily mean he cannot be attracted to boys. But well, way too off topic, I know. :laugh:

Yuzusan

On the Ice

Bonesfan

On the Ice
No credibility at all :laugh:. Last I heard fortune telling in not considered factual. :;) Also, per GS Forum Rules, discussion of skaters personal lives should be limited to what the skater has shared publicly.

I realize I haven't made a proper introduction. American of Japanese descent, with a daughter close to Yuzu's age. Casual figure skating fan. Scientist by training so quality of data, and source documents is important to me.

What credibility can we give to the interview ? : http://yuzuristxoxo.tumblr.com/post/85131439156/i-found-an-article-about-a-fortune-teller-called
We do not know the source ?

Love the discussion today, I learnt a lot of english words ;) and I discover the notion of "Herbivore men" =>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men .
Really interesting. Thanks to all for these news ! I notice that we all have miss feeling because of Hanyu's break time. We wait with impatience the next exhibition !

giulia95

Medalist
oh Yes!! It's a new and special category! soup eater loves chocolate, earphones and private karaoke! seems harmless but could be very dangerous sometimes:laugh: