Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 156 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Poice

Final Flight
this is what happens when I go on a picture-binge...
(I'll put all of those in the media thread later... I'm not done yet... I just need to have a word with my self-control therapy group first)

speaking of the kid being as thin as a rake...
Rockstar (or imitatin Sailor Moon, I'm not sure)
Obviously fake, but still kinda funny
This fan art looks kinda cool
w.t.h.??
No idea why Nobu needed to convince him to do this - he already totally had that move down
spring in your step
What is it with him and poking faces?? :laugh: isn't it enough that he's squishing his own face all the time?

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful photos! And Brian as Pooh ...I can't stop laughing :D

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

:rock: Great shots Pamina! Long may your Yuzuru photo hunt continue!

I think I have read somewhere Yuzuru's mother makes those matching bottle covers for him. (It brings me back to my elementary days when my parents would buy my siblings and me matching schoolbags, pencil cases, lunchboxes.) For sure it's comforting for Yuzuru to always have physical evidence of his mom's love and devotion nearby. I think one reason he is able to soar so high and achieve so much is the emotional security that his family provides him. No small blessing that considering many horrific stories of dysfunctional families.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
:rock: Great shots Pamina! Long may your Yuzuru photo hunt continue!
I think I have read somewhere Yuzuru's mother makes those matching bottle covers for him. (It brings me back to my elementary days when my parents would buy my siblings and me matching schoolbags, pencil cases, lunchboxes.) For sure it's comforting for Yuzuru to always have physical evidence of his mom's love and devotion nearby. I think one reason he is able to soar so high and achieve so much is the emotional security that his family provides him. No small blessing that considering many horrific stories of dysfunctional families.
It will :biggrin: I still have some left from yesterday...

Me too :laugh: actually, when we were kids, my mom always made us put our drinking bottles in a protective cover made of styrofoam (always worried we'd break them. and rightly so.) and then she hand-sewed cozies for them. of course they weren't quite as elaborate as his are :laugh: but we had like 20 of those things so they'd match practically every outfit.

Article about Yuzuur love for earphones and the brands he owns http://jabensg.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/yuzuru-hanyu-s-earphones/
Thanks for sharing.
Who knew there was such a thing as an earphone addiction :laugh:
(anybody else insane enough to google those things? ...they don't only look expensive. yikes.)

treeloving

Medalist
Just my opinion, I think it is admirable for someone as famous as him that he keep the old unfit suit from his family and at first didn't spend money to have a tailor made.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Yuzu and Pooh :biggrin:

TkEN6YE.jpg

1AOMPO2.jpg

vU1RJxA.jpg

AsHrfMd.jpg

Z87fvSD.png

TvBwweH.jpg

CnPw2JQ.jpg

fozvYBD.jpg

vy8nQKw.jpg
:love:
oxo2jYN.jpg

jX6GCit.jpg

lheAIjd.jpg
priceless:laugh:
8frKWhY.png

03wcrm3.jpg

TtqM5h3.jpg
:laugh:

Nomi

Rinkside
Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok:think:

When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!:eek::

echotpe

On the Ice
Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.:laugh:

Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it? :agree:

Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/status/458462492981620736/photo/1

skatefan22

Medalist
I kind of remember watching a video about Yuzu falling after a jump in a competition (he tried very hard to hold himself but still he fell) and the camera switched to Nanami who was obviously feeling the pain of her student. But I can't this video anymore. Does anyone know which competition it was or where I could find the video? Many thanks!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Random Picture Post

Thin as a rake (or a very small tree)
Rockstar (or imitating Sailor Moon, I'm not sure)
Obviously fake, but still kinda funny
This fan art looks kinda cool
wth? pooh coming to life?
No idea why Nobu needed to convince him to do this - he already totally had that move down
Spring in your step
What is it with him and poking faces? Isn't it enough that he's squishing his own face all the time?

Poster for Worlds EX 2014 ...just, wow
Yuzuru and Sashida Fumiya ... Fanboys :biggrin: cute
-dreaming
-smirking
-winking
open your eyes

I never realized his drinking bottles had a matching outfit but there seems to be some kind of system that I have obviously missed so far:
- Etude / Etude
- R&J 1 (special thanks to yay for this pic) / R&J 1
- PW black (fluffy) / PW black (glitzy) / PW blue
- Notre Dame de Paris / (close-up)
- R&J 2 / (close-up)
- Hana ni nare

Yuzuru and Orser hug after he won OGM
Yuzuru, Javier and Nam ...and hugging again (super cute)
awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
just because
nice... shirt
oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached

giulia95

Medalist
Hi everyone I had some questions about coaches in figure skating, I wanted to ask it here because everyone is so helpful, I hope it is ok:think:

When Hanyu switch coaches from Nanami to Orser, was that a an opportunity that JSF controlled - that JSF ask Orser to coach one of their skaters, and he agreed, and then they ask Hanyu if he will go with Orser? Or did Hanyu go to Orser? I don't know how this works in figure skating, when skaters reach this high level.

Thank you for anyone who can help me with these silly questions!:eek::

Hi Nomi! Your question isn't silly at all and the debate is still going on since 2012.:)

Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for Yuzu to train in Toronto for two years, the article reporting the news was translated some days ago in this thread.

giulia95

Medalist
Confirmation JSF did pay for Yuzuru trainning in Canada

https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2369686&language=en

Olympic scholarships initiative proves "success" after medals achieved - IOC chief

Japan NOC received this tailor-made grant and focused on four athletes, one of whom, Yuzuru Hanyu, won the menآ’s figure skating gold medal.
Hanyu is from Sendai, and his home ice rink was destroyed in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami; Japan NOC used the OSC scholarship to pay for him to train in Toronto, Canada, for two years.

Hi Nomi, this is the translation:)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II @Sandai

Sports photographer Sunao Noto will continue his “Yuzu Photo Exhibition Part II” in late April. The first part was held in early March. Thousand of visitors congregated with greatly acclaimed.

Part I: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/photo/1611/

Coincidence, Yuzu’ s father was his junior high school teacher. In Canon’s interview, Noto recalled the first time when he took photos for Yuzu in 2008, the 13 years old kid asked himself to be taken “as handsome as Takahashi”.:laugh:

Canon interview: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/noto02.html

I find the highlight in the poster is the Pooh-like character. Red scarf with yellow angles and earphone is a must. It seems they have a sense of Yuzu’s signature stuff, isn’t it? :agree:

Poster: https://twitter.com/apresto_noto/status/458462492981620736/photo/1

Can't fault the 13-year old Yuzuru's taste. ;) Thanks echotpe!

ok, one last round and then I'll stop spaming pictures for a while, promise :biggrin:

aww
awwww ...and an extra awwww
awwwwww... careful: cute 1... cute 2... cute 3... roarrrr
just because
nice... shirt
oh, look, the washing instructions are still attached

Looking too at the washboard abs ;). Great pictures again, thanks Pamina!

Nomi

Rinkside
Maria Victoria, giulia95, thank your help :bow:

I wonder how many students a coach can have! It will be interesting to see Orser balance his three skaters these next seasons! I think it is a unique situation that these top skaters train so closely together; I think it helps each of them motivate and inspire each other to attain new levels in skating, and is a positive thing because they seem to get along well :yes:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Welcome Nomi. With the results all three (Yuzuru, Javier, and Nam) had last season, it does seem that having each other as training mates has inspired each of them to do their best. I love their interaction. :)