Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 266 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great video!!! I wish we had enough interest in the US to see coverage like this regularly. It seems that an awful lot of the videos of my favorite skaters come from Japanese productions like this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Thank you! I adore Yuzuru, Plushy, and Johnny, but I'm also very fond of Javi and Tomas...it's hard to find photos of them. I need to see that kiss on the cheek too. :eek::

winterbell

Rinkside
Seems my hope of no cut comes true a little bit today! Thanks to Sendai Housou and the uploader. Enjoy Yuzu's two programs in TOI no cut!

This is really great performance. A perfect White Legend! I swear the most emotional version I have seen of this number! Look at the scene when he did the camel spin! The shadows perfect image an elegant swan (I would say more like a 鶴 though)

The special version of Change! Beginning with a super long hydroblading OMG! And I love his face at the beginning. Like a samurai, focused and determined. OMG i am going back and loop this 100 times now.

PS: I think it must be the first time Sendai Housou made an ice show program. The cameramen and the editor really messed up a little bit. Too many close-up at wrong timing. And the male commentator was toooo wordy. I am fine with Junko Yaginuma for her information about 4Lo tho.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
So, here's my translation of Hanyu-kun's interview in the FOI in Makuhari pamphlet!
http://nicky-10.livejournal.com/4993.html (I put it on my LJ... that I actually use for another fandom, so just ignore the other posts!)
Enjoy!! :)
thank you so much, Nicky! :)

Q: P&G, who are the formal supporters of moms, are sponsors for the show this time, could you tell us something that comes to your mind about your mother?
H: That’s difficult. She’s a person, who always supports me, is closest to me, and understands me the best; she helps me out a lot. If she wouldn’t have supported me, I think there are many things I would have been able to achieve, and I wouldn’t have continued with skating, so she’s really important to me. If because of P&G campaign or not, I think I would be happy if you (speaking to the reader) would feel grateful towards your mother.
aw, he really is just the sweetest thing, isn't he

winterbell

Rinkside
Can you translate what she said about 4Lo ?

She said these days he has been practicing 4Lo everyday, and the quality is improved and pretty okay. She also expected 4Lo presented in his SP/FS in future season. This is my impression. I will go back and confirm what she said exactly.

Edit: She said, “Even in the practicing before the show started, he kept on practicing the 4Lo jump. And it seems that he can almost handle the jump. Maybe he would want to add 4Lo in next season's competition program. But anyway, it seems that he would never stop improving and evolving himself."

mikaboo

Medalist

giulia95

Medalist
oh my, how adorable is that
(someone's really happy here :love: )

as much as I loooove to joke about Plushy & Mushy and make butt videos (I know, I'm hopeless) but I still can't say how happy I am for the kid :) sharing his own show with his biggest idols must bring him so much joy. And he always said he wanted to give something back to the community that supported him so much, and I think with a special show like that in his hometown, he's done that once again.
It's nice to know that so many people got to be happy this weekend because of this :) kinda makes a small part of the world a better place for a little while *switches off mushy mode and goes back to being the crazy one*

:agree:

thank you all. In some way I feel like I've joined the party! So happy for Yuzu and his beloved hometown, they deserve it! :clap:

makaihime

Final Flight
Thanks for the links and translations everyone and I want evidence of that Javi-Tomas kiss!

That's just the cutest thing and its almost a perfect replica too! Wonder if his mom made it :laugh:

Can't wait to watch the video, but I saw a gif of the stumble and that it was so weird and funny/cute. How appropriate of it to happen on the day they were filming too lol Hoping for the news stations to catch some of the performances from day 2 :biggrin: Plus....NANAMI-SAN!! :yay:

Im gonna need some more Javier and Tomas though

winterbell

Rinkside
Why I am afraid that he may seriously think about adding 4Lo in program next season :biggrin: ?

Don't worry. He won't. He got his 4S in the summer of 2011. You saw how good its shape was in one of the NHK documentary when he showed it to his friends in IceRink Sendai. He started use it after one year in 2012-2013 season. And see how 4S was in last two seasons.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Thank you guys for the links!

Thank you Godman 3018 and dailymotion!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zfboj_羽生結弦-凱旋の舞_sport?start=115

Great video ,thx for posting ! It filled my lack of Yuzu's recent videos ! It would be better if we have the entire EX of Plushenko ? I would really like to see his whole performance.
Concerning Yuzu, I felt him very touched (in good sense) on the ice, having fun, especially during the song "Change", that was an outstanding performance from him. And I also think his White legend was better than before and it was a great pleasure to see his skating. Really I'm glad to saw this video.

A part of this, thanks to few videos on Youtube, finally I am able to identify the name of jumps ! If you look deeper, this is true that it is not difficult to guess which jumps you see.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Don't worry. He won't. He got his 4S in the summer of 2011. You saw how good its shape was in one of the NHK documentary when he showed it to his friends in IceRink Sendai. He started use it after one year in 2012-2013 season. And see how 4S was in last two seasons.

I think with salchow it was more complex problem. I think he seemed just to not like jumping salchow type jump itself, and I think somewhat he felt uncomfortable with it. But at so young age it was the only two types of quad that he had strength to perform. Now he is getting older and stronger, and maybe he is starting to feel more comfortable with quad loop than salchow that he is practicing it so much on last few shows :scratch: I would rather see him training salchow on shows, but for some reasons he is working on loop