Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Rinkside
Yeah, I should have said it this way. That competing with himself comes first. He knows he can do the sal and he'll persist until it works.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Maybe once he'll have a perfect FS, he won't have problems with the 4S anymore. Like the PW program. It was perfect and he never had mistakes after.:clap:

giulia95

Medalist
I think they will stay with that next season ( to allow Yuzu master it like he did with his SP ) making some adjustments to overall dynamic and maybe music change. It was good step in Yuzu career to make him a bit more calm in program to control it, and make him stronger, and propably now they will be adding part by part old good "wild" Hanyu dynamics ( I hope that : ) ) when now he will be able to fully control it.

may you share your source?

thanks in advance :)

FTnoona

Final Flight
I I am just wondering will Yuzu try defeat this quad sal at coming worlds again ? Or maybe he will go for 4T3T ? I am just wondering : )
I know and understand that he is pushing limits (and I very,very like that), but maybe this one time he should drop it for 4T3T , regroup and master it fully like 4T for next season :) everytime he falls on 4s I am getting very stressed :biggrin:

That would be a very bad decision by the team if he actually changed the entire program layout this late in the season. The choreographed fall is there to stay :biggrin:

I think they will stay with that next season ( to allow Yuzu master it like he did with his SP ) making some adjustments to overall dynamic and maybe music change. It was good step in Yuzu career to make him a bit more calm in program to control it, and make him stronger, and propably now they will be adding part by part old good "wild" Hanyu dynamics ( I hope that : ) ) when now he will be able to fully control it.

I am praying to the skating gods that Hanyu doesn't repeat programs again for a while. IMO, it's understandable for an Olympic season since you want as polished programs as possible. I've already said my piece on RJ2 so I'll just stop there on that as to not sound like a broken record. I am really interested to see what a Buttle choreographed FS will look like for Yuzu - switch things up a bit.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I was re-watching some of Yuzuru's old performances last night eg. juniors, when he was still regularly finishing behind Song Nan and others... and it's funny how Simon Reed (British Eurosport) was predicting - even way back then - that of that generation of juniors, Yuzuru would be the one who would rise to greatness.

How right he was...!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I was re-watching some of Yuzuru's old performances last night eg. juniors, when he was still regularly finishing behind Song Nan and others... and it's funny how Simon Reed (British Eurosport) was predicting - even way back then - that of that generation of juniors, Yuzuru would be the one who would rise to greatness.

How right he was...!

In his FS of JW 2009 there were two commentators (I think one of them is Simon) that said they would bet their money on yuzuru hahaha, I always find it funny since he indeed has become one of the best ^^

Tommmy

Rinkside
I am praying to the skating gods that Hanyu doesn't repeat programs again for a while. IMO, it's understandable for an Olympic season since you want as polished programs as possible. I've already said my piece on RJ2 so I'll just stop there on that as to not sound like a broken record. I am really interested to see what a Buttle choreographed FS will look like for Yuzu - switch things up a bit.

SP: Wilson FS: Buttle sounds soo great :love:

unknown

Spectator
I brought in a short piece of quote from Yuzuru's autobiography Blue Flame, don't know if anyone ever posted this before. I was really impressed since I could see how this adorable young man thinks of his own skating and ideal figure skating.

"I think the real strength of mine is actually skating skill and spins.
I could become the champion in my first Japan Nationals thanks to spins and skating skill,
even among skaters like Gatzinski who was already capable of 5 quads, I could't even do the triples then.
Improving skating skills is essential for me to advance and keep going.
So,after improving all the elements- jumps, skating skill, spins,
my ultimate goal is to make all the elements in my program considered as mere parts constituting one whole program.
I would really like to skate to accomplish one whole (not-disconnected, cannot think of better vocabulary) program
with one smooth flow."

This is from an interview in Jan. 2012, which is already two years ago, on the issue of ideal skating,
also a quote from his autobiography.
This short quote wouldn't violate intellectual property rights, I assume.(and hope)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I brought in a short piece of quote from Yuzuru's autobiography Blue Flame, don't know if anyone ever posted this before. I was really impressed since I could see how this adorable young man thinks of his own skating and ideal figure skating.

"I think the real strength of mine is actually skating skill and spins.
I could become the champion in my first Japan Nationals thanks to spins and skating skill,
even among skaters like Gatzinski who was already capable of 5 quads, I could't even do the triples then.
Improving skating skills is essential for me to advance and keep going.
So,after improving all the elements- jumps, skating skill, spins,
my ultimate goal is to make all the elements in my program considered as mere parts constituting one whole program.

I would really like to skate to accomplish one whole (not-disconnected, cannot think of better vocabulary) program
with one smooth flow."

This is from an interview in Jan. 2012, which is already two years ago, on the issue of ideal skating,
also a quote from his autobiography.
This short quote wouldn't violate intellectual property rights, I assume.(and hope)

Unknown, thank you for the quote. Apparently Yuzuru still thinks the same judging by this translation of what he said after winning the Olympics: http://gloryonice.tumblr.com/. It only augurs well for his development as a skater.

Pardon, but I think the part about Gatzinksi (Gachinski?) of being already capable of 5 quads may be a mistranslation. After all, it's no secret that Yuzuru wants to claim that distinction himself :).

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh yes ! That would be amazing. :love: :love: :love:
Lol how about epic anime music : shingeki no kyojin
/watch?v=NKflh9WztKo
joking aside
i agree there shouldn't be a repeat of romeo and juliet

add: oh oda! food instead of mental training

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I would love for his FS a very passionate music theme...something for Lord of the rings or Pirates of the Caribbean or even Requiem for a dream. :bow: I'm sure his interpretation would be amazing

Poice

Final Flight
I would love for his FS a very passionate music theme...something for Lord of the rings or Pirates of the Caribbean or even Requiem for a dream. :bow: I'm sure his interpretation would be amazing

LOTR:love: and Requiem for a dream:love: I know the second one is overused but I think Yuzuru could handle this theme great :)

HanDomi, wow, what an awesome music!

I guess most of us agree that Yuzuru should skate to some epic music with lots of "wow" moments :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I would love to see Hanyu FS to something epic soundtrack from Two Steps From Hell or Audiomachine:

Like that:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRLQMtg-YU

Imagine part 1:15 to 1:23 - drums going for quad sal :love:

That music sure is epic :clap:

I would love for his FS a very passionate music theme...something for Lord of the rings or Pirates of the Caribbean or even Requiem for a dream. I'm sure his interpretation would be amazing

So much epicness right there!, Requiem for a Dream never gets old (for me al least lol)

For me I specially love this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95obkJqXj2c it's sooo epic, I love everything of Hans Zimmer so I would love to see him skate something from him.