Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Like that:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRLQMtg-YU

Imagine part 1:15 to 1:23 - drums going for quad sal :love:

Would be great!

I would love for his FS a very passionate music theme...something for Lord of the rings or Pirates of the Caribbean or even Requiem for a dream. :bow: I'm sure his interpretation would be amazing

LOTR would be simply amazing!! This kind of epic music that would transmit a feeling like the last part of his R&J n.1 did :clap:

jace93

On the Ice
I don't know why but I'd love him to skate on the arrangement of bolero that they always use at the end of japanese broadcast about figure skating (it's quite different from the original), cutting the repetition of the music I think it could become quite interesting :popcorn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_bOZq_fwC4

lbc2138

On the Ice
Sorry to switch topics so suddenly but I thought this would a good place to direct this question.

Yuzu's had some issues in terms of maintaining his stamina for the free skate since he has asthma (I can relate to as an asthmatic athlete). And apparently one of the ways that he's building this stamina is wearing a mask during his practices.

Idk, to me it sounds a bit drastic and personally if I want to build stamina for say a 5K or 10K, I run and would increase my mileage at certain intervals. Is there anything on what he does to cross-train for skating? I also read somewhere on this thread that he was afraid of gaining mass (particularly his upper body) because it would mess with his jumps but cross-country runners tend to be the smallest yet strongest people out there.

The fitness-geek in me just wants to know :p If it has already been discussed in the thread, I apologize in advance.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sorry to switch topics so suddenly but I thought this would a good place to direct this question.

Yuzu's had some issues in terms of maintaining his stamina for the free skate since he has asthma (I can relate to as an asthmatic athlete). And apparently one of the ways that he's building this stamina is wearing a mask during his practices.

Idk, to me it sounds a bit drastic and personally if I want to build stamina for say a 5K or 10K, I run and would increase my mileage at certain intervals. Is there anything on what he does to cross-train for skating? I also read somewhere on this thread that he was afraid of gaining mass (particularly his upper body) because it would mess with his jumps but cross-country runners tend to be the smallest yet strongest people out there.

The fitness-geek in me just wants to know :p If it has already been discussed in the thread, I apologize in advance.

Apparently, the kid was using acupuncture needle during competitions. He also lost weight due to asthma attack. Someone has translated a article in Japanese about his condition. You can read it here: https://24.media.tumblr.com/d21652b2402ae54c9d48c8c1b2b219bc/tumblr_n2j1wuTIWR1qdndrvo3_1280.jpg

Kalina

On the Ice

He's been doing off-ice training together with the other skaters at the Cricket Club. According to Orser, he's doing 'dance, pilates and core strengthening exercises'.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Goodie, thanks Meoima and Kalina!

Looks like he has to go through a lot to just even continue skating. His asthma's definitely more serious than I expected. I hope he stays happy and healthy for long enough to complete his dreams of doing the different quads and getting that second gold medal :)

SuzyQ

Medalist
Oh,I didn't know that :) I heard the song in "Anna Karenina" movie trailer and I love it since that moment :) And I really think Yuzuru could skate so wonderful on it

Elena Radionava's SP this season is really lovely, and I like the music very much. And her EX is fun too. She is genious. I remembered Mao Asada when she was 14 or 15. I think the gold medalists at Pyeongchang Olympics would be Yuzuru and Elena :laugh:

Thinking about Yuzuru's new programs is really fun.

When I saw Japan's next-generation skater, Shoma Uno's EX, I thought I would like to see Yuzuru's tango :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzi8ns1Ta0

What do you think?

Or maybe, Spanish dance?
Then, what would Javier say about it :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Elena Radionava's SP this season is really lovely, and I like the music very much. And her EX is fun too. She is genious. I remembered Mao Asada when she was 14 or 15. I think the gold medalists at Pyeongchang Olympics would be Yuzuru and Elena :laugh:

Thinking about Yuzuru's new programs is really fun.

When I saw Japan's next-generation skater, Shoma Uno's EX, I thought I would like to see Yuzuru's tango :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzi8ns1Ta0

What do you think?

Or maybe, Spanish dance?
Then, what would Javier say about it :laugh:

Oh Shoma is so beautiful to watch here! Thank you for the link SuzyQ.

Like you, I can just visualize Yuzuru skating to tango music. He certainly has the fire for it.

Japanese skaters (Mao's Por Una Cabeza, Kanako's Adios Nonino) seem to do tango music very, very well. :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Thanks Hanmgse for the link. Not surprised Tatsuki knows "timshel" as his SP is set to "East of Eden" music ;).

You're welcome :)

Elena Radionava's SP this season is really lovely, and I like the music very much. And her EX is fun too. She is genious.

I never get tired of watching her zombie dance, it's too cool haha.

Like you, I can just visualize Yuzuru skating to tango music. He certainly has the fire for it.

I'm not a big fan of tango but that would be interesting :biggrin:

treeloving

Medalist
I really want Yuzuru to skate to arch angel by two step from hell; or he can use the arrangement that Ukrainian rhythmic gymnastic team use for their gala in 2012 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9fZ_yPUIs

Anyhow, my prediction for his music in upcoming year are: Carmina Burana, Les Miserable, Gladiator and Phantom of the opera. :( (Gladiator would be nice though).

I would like to see him try program like Kostner's bolero as well, he has a perfect body for it.

There are a lot of good music from Japanese video game he could try too , I want to see someone skate to final fantasy 7!