Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

giulia95

Medalist
Brief translation:

"I was so nervous that I couldn't pay attention to facial expression. I was very surprised and happy to see the score, but I have to focus on tommorow's skating."

"(about selection of the world championships) It's so hard, but Nationals is Nationals. And I have only a bronze medal of this competition so I will do my best to get a better medal tommorow."

After the interview of SP, Yuzuru was saying, "I was SO nervous...I thought my heart would stop beating during 6-min practice".
He seemed to feel relieved. :)

According to the articles, he lost some weight and muscle but he took five days off and could practice as usual.

thank you very much for translation, Yude!!:)

I would say to Yuzu's little heart to stay calm , to beat properly and to let him breath!!!:p

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Yuzuru!!! :clap:
I will not forget your reaction in K&C and Orser's smile watching you perform:biggrin:
Please get some rests and gain some weight.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Congrats Yuzu! It was a great skate, and he keeps building on each performance. Great fight to hold the two quads, and then clean the rest of the way - guts and nerves of steel. Two excellent programs back to back, and there's still room to improve for Worlds! :agree:

giulia95

Medalist
it’s scary to me how Yuzu’s immense willpower is able to control his body and push it beyond the limit , like he did today.

treeloving

Medalist
I'm so glad for him, and admire the mental strength he displayed in this performance; but the program hasn't warmed me yet and I wish he has more ballet training to improve his line!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
it’s scary to me how Yuzu’s immense willpower is able to control his body and push it beyond the limit , like he did today.

I agree... so proud of Yuzu and worried about him at the same time.

I feel like kidnap him so I can feed him cake and energy drinks, as well as one of my super nutritious spicy beef noodles at least 3 times a day for like a week. He need to build up his strength land those quads, so he still have the energy to committed to the the performance aspect during FS. Through out he seem visibly struggling, you can almost see him count his breath and count down to the next element and how to manage his conditions to the brink. It is like watching someone weak at knees walking a very narrow ledge, a bit worrying.

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
I agree... so proud of Yuzu and worried about him at the same time.

I feel like kidnap him so I can feed him cake and energy drinks, as well as one of my super nutritious spicy beef noodles at least 3 times a day for like a week. He need to build up his strength land those quads, so he still have the energy to committed to the the performance aspect during FS. Through out he seem visibly struggling, you can almost see him count his breath and count down to the next element and how to manage his conditions to the brink. It is like watching someone weak at knees walking a very narrow ledge, a bit worrying.

I think it was nerves - the pressure really got to him. But of course, he needs to take care of his body! He looked quite pale, and very thin. I have confidence he'll recover in time for Worlds :) I predict we'll see a World Champion from Japan in March ;)

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I don't think he looked especially tired, just nervous. He wasn't huffing and puffing and overwhelmed at the end of the program, and he maintained good speed throughout the performance. He was less wild and less hectic in his movements, and I think that gives the impression of him being tired when really he's just flowing through the choreo better and being less wasteful with his energy.

merleice

Rinkside

yude

Record Breaker
Congrats Yuzuru on winning your first national championships and being accepted by Waseda University! :clap: He'll take the same correspondence course that Yukari Nakano graduated from, this will allow him to continue training in Canada. So amazing that he has managed his skating and studies so well! Newslink (in Japanese)here: http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20121223-00000031-kyodo_sp-spo.html and here:http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20121224k0000m050058000c.html

Thank you for the links, merleice!
Congratulations on being a student of Waseda University, Yuzuru!!
(and I can't believe that he is going to be a university student next spring... :laugh:)

jjane45

On the Ice
WOW Yuzuru! How does he manage all that in his busy schedule...
Did he take the university entrance exam between NHK and GPF?

Congrats to Yuzuru! Though I'll always root for Daisuke, I feel lucky to be a fan while Yuzuru is skating, and it's exciting to realize that he's just starting his climb to excellence.

yude

Record Breaker
yude, could you please translate what Yuzuru says after FS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB5jaiA27s

Very brief translation:

"I still can't believe that I won, somehow I could manage to hold on because of the score of SP."
"Takahashi-senshu was very strong, he narrowed the gap of the score after FS. If I were him, I could not have done that. I should practice more and more and want to skate better in FP."

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20121223-OHT1T00211.htm

This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. :eek: No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.

I'm verry looking forward to seeing EX!!

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Very brief translation:

"I still can't believe that I won, somehow I could manage to hold on because of the score of SP."
"Takahashi-senshu was very strong, he narrowed the gap of the score after FS. If I were him, I could not have done that. I should practice more and more and want to skate better in FP."

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20121223-OHT1T00211.htm

This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. :eek: No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.

I'm verry looking forward to seeing EX!!

Whaaa.. that is an amazing achievement! It explained a few things. Imagine taking A-Levels for Uni entrance exam and still did THAT!!
Next year is going to be even better I am sure! Congrats Yuzu!