Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Hanaka

Rinkside
Probably some poeple here have already seen it, but I just found a clip of Yuzuru Hanyu, full of very nice pics of him. It has a lot of one-sentense messages to Yuzuru, from his fans, sending cheer, support, hope, wish ,many thanks, and love, love, love to him. I guess this video was made because they knew Hanyu was struggling with illness when he competed at GPF and Japanese Nationals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ugT6BT2nKFw&NR=1

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Yuzuru's book 蒼い炎 (Blue Flame) is available in English? Or is there a full translation somewhere? Reviews? :D

As far as I know, this book is not published in English. :cry:
I wish it was, because it is a book of high quality.

A happy new year to everyone!!

jjane45

On the Ice
As far as I know, this book is not published in English. :cry:
I wish it was, because it is a book of high quality.

A happy new year to everyone!!

Thank you yude. I went ahead with the Japanese version, as all reports say it's a nice book with lots of quality photos. Luckily I also found a Chinese translation of the book's highlights by his Chinese fans, Yuzuru is a good writer!

jjane45

On the Ice
Pooh is a celebrity!

Kurt Browning ‏@KurtBrowning
Finally met @HanyusPooh in Japan at @starsonice He was as polite & soft as I imagined. Who is in the background? ;) pic.twitter.com/3Po9YBxx

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
I honestly wonder if Hanyu is aware of this twitter account for his beloved Pooh bear :p

jjane45

On the Ice
I can't find the original link, but apparently according to nonchan1023's translation on tumblr

全日本选手権 男子メダリスト会见(Sat)
All-Japan Nationals Men Medalists Press Conference
羽生: そうですねぇ、僕はまだ決まってないんで、ちゃんと。とりあえず決められるようにしたいですけど、「来シーズンまでに3種類決めたいと思います。」
高橋・無良: …おぉーう。(一同 笑)

Hanyu: Um, I have no idea yet, officially. I want to be able to decide soon, but “I would like to land 3 types by next season”.
Takahashi+Mura: ...woah (laughs)

What would the 3rd quad be? Loop?

Last edited:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
O__O I am worried about Hanyu. All those quad practices (especially different types!) is going to put a toll on his body very soon :S

I think it's gonna be OK. There was a scene of his quad loop practice in a video clip from last senson when he lost his ice rink and had to practice alone (and he fell apparently:p). But now with Brain monitoring him and limiting his jumps in practice, I don't see he would overwork himself with those quad jumps.

According to Brian, Javier has been practicing that quad loop last summer and has been doing really well, I bet Yuzu couldn't just watch his dear Javi's quad loop without trying that himself.:laugh:

But I believe no matter what his quad plan is next season, he will practice those carefully.

Last edited:

jjane45

On the Ice
Yeah, hope Orser watches over his health very very carefully. OTOH, Yuzuru is lighter than many male skaters and I hope that's relatively easier on his body?

So he basically skated 4 shows (Stars On Ice, Skate Festival, Japan Super Challenge 2013) in 5 days? Wow.

yude

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir was on a Japanese TV show featuring his career, marriage and thoughts on Japanese skaters this afternoon.
About designing costumes, he said that Yuzuru was the first and would be the last male skater for him to design the costume while he has intention of helping pair teams or ladies.:laugh:
It was an interesting show (at least to me), I hope it will be on YT!

Yuzuru told the media that he kept playing Wii with his relatives for two days during the break and his arms had muscle pain.
What a refreshing!! :biggrin:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Pooh is a celebrity!

Super cute video montage of Yuzuru and Pooh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcKDzcLmjrM

I think it's gonna be OK. There was a scene of his quad loop practice in a video clip from last senson when he lost his ice rink and had to practice alone (and he fell apparently:p). But now with Brain monitoring him and limiting his jumps in practice, I don't see he would overwork himself with those quad jumps.

According to Brian, Javier has been practicing that quad loop last summer and has been doing really well, I bet Yuzu couldn't just watch his dear Javi's quad loop without trying that himself.:laugh:

But I believe no matter what his quad plan is next season, he will practice those carefully.

Welcome! I pretty much agree with you, I think his coaching team would try to get him pace himself in his training, and the Cricket probably has as good an environment as any for practicing and learning new quads safely. Props to him for continuing to push the technical envelope though - hasn't he mentioned wanting to land all the quads? 4A is a little :unsure: but if you think about it, Yuzuru probably has the best shot out of anyone in getting it done (assuming such a jump is indeed possible).

yude - I have a feeling Johnny's going to be forever associated with Yuzuru when it comes to Japan :laugh:. I liked the illustration boards with their faces.

This is a recent interview I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJ9bHibVZc Did they get Dai to leave Yuzu a message? Could anyone provide a rough summary/translation of what was said?

yude

Record Breaker
Did they get Dai to leave Yuzu a message?

Daisuke: Regardless of age, I feel he is one of the strong rivals aiming for the top of the world. I think he is considerably manly contrary to his appearance.

Yuzuru: I am very happy to be told something like that by the senior skater I admire. Someday, when I am in the same position as him, I want to be an adult who can comment like him to younger skaters.

I like the way he smiled during and after Daisuke's comment.:laugh:

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
Daisuke: Regardless of age, I feel he is one of the strong rivals aiming for the top of the world. I think he is considerably manly contrary to his appearance.

Yuzuru: I am very happy to be told something like that by the senior skater I admire. Someday, when I am in the same position as him, I want to be an adult who can comment like him to younger skaters.

I like the way he smiled durig and after Daisuke's comment.:laugh:

..a considerably manly but still very, very sweet Romeo..:biggrin:

thanks so much for translation!!:)