Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

figuristka

Medalist
Yes on the cbc they said something about him having had a lung infection after 4cc and a knee injury. I hoped he would be healthy as well as Patrick and Dai. Hope he still manages well.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Bah I should have waited until Friday to see the results of the men's competition like I originally planned. Really tough skate for Hanyu. It seems like he had to mark a lot of the program differently from the steps before his axel until the lutz. At least he was still able to give a smile at the end. Where'd pooh bear and his lutz go :cry:
Hopefully the pressure to keep 3 spots doesn't get to him during the free. The combined total is already at 13 :eek:

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9a36xTdiTM

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I hope that was sweat and not a tear running down Yuzurus face after the SP. *don'tcrybb*

zydeco88

On the Ice
http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/sports/0314/nsp_130314_9084606152.html
More news regarding Yuzu's knee injury. It could possibly be worse that we thought.

It says that after he was sidelined for 10 days by influenza, on March 6, he started feeling the pain in his knee. Afterwards, he couldn't attend the practices at the rink for one whole week. He had to skate through his SP while on painkillers as he bears the responsibility of securing the spots for the Japanese Team at Sochi Olympics. He is expected to undergo thorough examination in Japan after Worlds.

FTnoona

Final Flight
http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/sports/0314/nsp_130314_9084606152.html
More news regarding Yuzu's knee injury. It could possibly be worse that we thought.

It says that after he was sidelined for 10 days by influenza, on March 6, he started feeling the pain in his knee. Afterwards, he couldn't attend the practices at the rink for one whole week. He had to skate through his SP while on painkillers as he bears the responsibility of securing the spots for the Japanese Team at Sochi Olympics. He is expected to undergo thorough examination in Japan after Worlds.

Would it have been too late to send Kozuka or Machida to worlds by March 6? It might have been best for Hanyu to sit out this worlds and not have to endure the pressure of placing well enough to maintain 3 spots with an injury or even possibly making the injury worse.

Lunna

On the Ice
Oh, poor baby ((( After the performance I just wanted to hug and feed him... He seemed nervous to me before the start or maybe it's just me who was nervous... Wish him good free (just dunno if he is in a good enough form for it)

giulia95

Medalist
:cry::cry::cry::bang:

Last year in Nice Yuzu's team didn't mention about his sprained ankle. It's not their ethical behaviour.

As usual the kid is severly unhealthy and pale, like at FT, at SA , at JN and at 4CC. It's so painfull to watch such an enormous waste of a terrific young talent...

but what it's really heartbreaking is that the kid looks very unhappy, unfocused, unmotivated and lost in the ice-rink .

Finally Yuzu's "unreal smile" , when he was clearly burning and crying inside, really upset me.poor boy.

I'm speachless... very good job JSF! :bang:

ser22

On the Ice
I do not like Orser.: Disapp: I do not like JFS.
I hope to go back to Japan.: Bumm:

ser22

On the Ice
Bah I should have waited until Friday to see the results of the men's competition like I originally planned. Really tough skate for Hanyu. It seems like he had to mark a lot of the program differently from the steps before his axel until the lutz. At least he was still able to give a smile at the end. Where'd pooh bear and his lutz go :cry:
Hopefully the pressure to keep 3 spots doesn't get to him during the free. The combined total is already at 13 :eek:

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9a36xTdiTM

What does not kills makes you stronger.

giulia95

Medalist
What does not kills makes you stronger.

He's an Artist if trained and supported properly , but he's just a kid. He can't be a HERO in every single year of his young life .

He needs to be himself and not what his actual team wants him to be....

I hope with all my heart he'll skate better tomorrow, or , at least , he won't suffer so much.Yuzu doesn't deserve it at all.:disapp:

zydeco88

On the Ice
Would it have been too late to send Kozuka or Machida to worlds by March 6? It might have been best for Hanyu to sit out this worlds and not have to endure the pressure of placing well enough to maintain 3 spots with an injury or even possibly making the injury worse.
Indeed, but:
1. JFS won't allow that to happen for obvious reasons
2. There's the fact that he's being coached by Borser
3. He has to contend with the weight of expectations riding on his shoulders and live up to the reputation
4. Regarded as an exemplary figure in the Tohoku region
5. He's not the type to give in easily, as we all know (I totally see him beating himself up had he not competed here).

After reading various reports that he hasn't had good practices, I expected him to perform badly and he did. I don't even think podium finish is within his reach now. At least, he's avoided having to deal with the extreme pressure skating in the last group for the FS. Hope he'll pull through just fine.

sampaguita

Rinkside
Indeed, but:

5. He's not the type to give in easily, as we all know (I totally see him beating himself up had he not competed here).

I agree. I think that he would rather skate bad than not skate at all. It's bad for his health, but all I can wish for is that this is Yuzu's choice, not somebody else's decision.

I think it's a Japanese thing -- remember Mao's performances post-Olympics? She kept falling and falling every time and people thought she should wait out the season to improve her technique. But she kept performing.

pitterpatter

On the Ice

I can see him wanting to push through with the competition despite injuries, unfortunately. The opportunity to go to Worlds is so precious for Japanese skaters, plus he's got to be feeling pressure to rep the Japanese men as the National champ and after Dai's performance at 4CC. He also skated injured at last year's Worlds, so I have a feeling this decision has more to do with Yuzuru himself than with his team.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Yuzu's practice reports for today:
https://twitter.com/niji1223/status/312374032358055936

I'm completely tied up with work atm, so I've got no time to translate. I'll just leave the Japanese text here first (hopefully, someone will translate them in my place). In summary, he botched quite a lot of his jumps: 3Lz and even his consistent 3A (singled, fall) and he's having difficulties with his quads. It's concerning.
3/14練習①白ジャージ、UA黒長袖(昨日と同じ腰に文字入)UA黒半袖(長袖と同じもの)黒地に白のアイリン手袋。リンクイン前、ハビと会話してた。

3/14練習②リンクイン、いつも通りスケーティング確認。ステップシーケンス、コレオシーケンス確認。白ジャージ脱ぐ。ウィルソンが見本の手振りつきで指導。再びコレオ。3Lo、OK。Lzポップ。ガニ股イーグルから3Lz、OK。Fポップ。オーサーアドバイス。3F、OK。

3/14練習③3A-2T、A着氷踏ん張りTつけて転倒。笑ってオーサーのところへ。1A-2T-2T。 2T竹コプター、4T抜けて2T。おでこに人差し指トントン(良くやってる仕草)。オーサーアドバイス。4T踏ん張るもOK

3/14練習④イーグル4Sタイミング合わず飛べず。オーサーアドバイス。燃えた目でイーグル4S向かうも飛び上がる前に何かひっかかって開脚へたりこむ。長袖脱ぐ。曲かけ待ち

3/14練習⑤曲かけ、今日は3番目。2T。3S。(両方抜け。)3F。スピン。ステップ流す。3A-2Tバランス崩しお手つき。3A転倒。3Lo。3Lz-2T-2T。3Lz、イナ、コレオ、スピン、フィニッシュ

3/14練習⑥1A。少しイラ立ってる。オーサーアドバイス。3A-2Tタノ、クリーン美しい。 4Tの練習へ。2T、首かしげる。2T、薄い笑い。4Tやや踏ん張るもOK。ハビ曲かけのコレオに入るとこで膝まずき花差し出す真似を。4S練習へ。1S。4S着氷、踏ん張り少し手とお尻つく

3/14練習⑦2S、頭かく。4S入りの軌道確認。ステップシーケンス~3A入る手前まで確認。クールダウンのスケーティング。ギリギリ最後までやって、上がりの挨拶。