Evgenia Medvedeva: 2016-17 season | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva: 2016-17 season

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
My criticism related to the term "flow" which is not the same as SS. I think it has to do more with transitions. That's why I gave the example of a long streak without elements and transitions and gave the theory that it was because the content packed FS might be still a challenge for Osmond. The fact that she keeps doubling triples supports this argument. Hence, it is possible that she had the lack of stamina for the perfect FS with all planned content and many transitions in between. And stamina relates to skating skills - to what else could you attribute it?

She does lack stamina to do a lot of content in the second half, but she also skates fast and jumps big. It is harder (and more energy expending) to do a jump with great speed and height, but the system does not adequately reward this when a skater can 'tano and basically receive the same GOE marks.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Sigh....is this really necessary? The trend of the passed season is: "I am not Medevedeva's hater...but"

Yes, we all know that her lutz is imperfect. But same is true with Osmond, Daleman, Higuchi, Mihara and many many others. And Medvedeva is the only one who flutzes only once in 2 programs. What is the sense to beat the dead horse over and over again?

Here is the link with clear pictures and jump-a-matrons of flutzes by Wakaba, Mai, and Gabi. Let's discuss them as well to be fair or what?

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figura_rechi/1261248.html

These girls you mentioned who also flutz are not supposed to be the best in the world. Med is two time world champ. She is supposed to be the best right now.... not the other girls. We already know those other girls are not the best. I think it is good for fans to recognize imperfections from their favorite skaters so they wont be that fan that thinks their favorite is perfect and flawless and can do no wrong. I do not see this post mean in anyway. Even tho the poster said she is one of her fave skater, extreme Evgenia fans still get angry bc the poster isnt saying "Evgenia is the best skater to ever be and has 0 flaws". Seriously. get over yourselves. Evgenia has flaws and I think it is fine to point them out when you do it an respectful way as the poster did.

Ender

Match Penalty
Sigh....is this really necessary? The trend of the passed season is: "I am not Medevedeva's hater...but"

Yes, we all know that her lutz is imperfect. But same is true with Osmond, Daleman, Higuchi, Mihara and many many others. And Medvedeva is the only one who flutzes only once in 2 programs. What is the sense to beat the dead horse over and over again?

Here is the link with clear pictures and jump-a-matrons of flutzes by Wakaba, Mai, and Gabi. Let's discuss them as well to be fair or what?

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figura_rechi/1261248.html
This person should take into account that WTT is just a commercial event. Why make a fuss over a commercial event. It's all for the money.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
These girls you mentioned who also flutz are not supposed to be the best in the world. Med is two time world champ. She is supposed to be the best right now.... not the other girls. We already know those other girls are not the best. I think it is good for fans to recognize imperfections from their favorite skaters so they wont be that fan that thinks their favorite is perfect and flawless and can do no wrong. I do not see this post mean in anyway. Even tho the poster said she is one of her fave skater, extreme Evgenia fans still get angry bc the poster isnt saying "Evgenia is the best skater to ever be and has 0 flaws". Seriously. get over yourselves. Evgenia has flaws and I think it is fine to point them out when you do it an respectful way as the poster did.

What is the sense of writing this? Who said that Medvedeva is perfect in everything? She is just better overall. The same was true about Yuna Kim who did not have loop and Bielman at all.

gsyzf

Medalist
so all people who think that something is unfair are just jealous people? :rolleye:
Do you think people here are being unfair to Evgenia? I guess you are just jelous :sarcasm:

it is not true. I really like Evgenia as person and I think she has improved tremendously in her skating, but there are still stuff that I don´ t like about her. Her programs especially bothers me, and yes, I think it is unfair that her and some other girls get a pass with their flutz.

The dictionary definition of "jealous" is "feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages". The dictionary definition of "envy" is "a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck".

Do you feel discontented, resentful, bitter or angry when you criticize/complain about someone? If you do, the readers/listeners can feel your sentiment. Do you feel peaceful and calm with no resentment when you criticize/complain about someone? If you do, the readers/listeners can also feel your sentiment.

Jealousy actually shows up quite frequently in our daily life that we may not even realize that we are being jealous. (I'm getting off topic. )

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Very nice! I enjoy seeing the skaters' talents off the ice.

That dance was great and you're right about skaters getting to explore all of their talents. When I heard Yuna sing for the first time, I almost thought she must be lip synching. Such a beautiful voice. Watching Evgenia dance reminds me of being in Russia. I can't say enough how surprised and happy I was when we were there. Our entire cast loved being in St Petersburg. The dancers were so fun and even in our ballet classes they would bust out into 90's hip-hop. We were at a hockey game after party and "Beat It" by Michael Jackson came on. We all had a great time and even some of the hockey players knew the dance from that video.