Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Toe Loop

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other (Just in case!)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Okay, this is an odd one (and somewhat trivial, but hey, the Olympics are over and I'm lost!): What is your favorite jump? I like them all, but I've always been very fond of the flip and lutz for some reason. I love to see a skater perform a textbook perfect 3f or 3lz. But, if I had to choose, I'd say the flip is my favorite jump. I love the way it looks.

I have two favorite jumps:

The Lutz and the Wally. Both jumps take off on an edge that is counter to the natural rotation. when executed well, those jumps look more rythmical than the others. Jmo.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love watching the axel jump, especially the delayed axel with various arm positions. It floats out of nowhere as opposed to the lutz, which is set up and doesn't seem to be a natural, flowing move........second fav would be the loop....42

Kasey

Medalist
I like the axel too, but I think a well done loop jump is really nice to watch!

Kasey

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Kasey said:
I like the axel too, but I think a well done loop jump is really nice to watch!

Kasey

I agree! Maria B. had the best loop, and I always loved to watch her performing it.

Vash01

Medalist
I love Irina's triple loop out of a series of three turns.

I am surprised nobody has listed the back flip as the favorite jump. It's not my favorite, but in shows the audiences seem to love it. The only back flip I like is Surya Bonaly's because she is the only one landing it on one foot.

Kasey

Medalist
Vash01 said:
I am surprised nobody has listed the back flip as the favorite jump. It's not my favorite, but in shows the audiences seem to love it. The only back flip I like is Surya Bonaly's because she is the only one landing it on one foot.

I remember Sabovcik landing it on one foot a couple times, but I think that was too hard on his knees....but I love the layed out position of his! :)

Kasey

KatyaFan

Rinkside
i voted for the axel, bascially for the sheer difficulting of it. those who do them well make the axel look spectacular.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the axel... always a show stopper (if it's performed badly enough or executed perfectly) 3 axels are the bomb!

nicole_l

Final Flight
I chose the salchow. My main goal in skating is to land a decent split double salchow. :love: Love them.
I love watching a good axel or a good loop.

ceg15

On the Ice
Axel....but flip is my 2nd favorite! I just love when I do a perfect axel-crisp clean takeoff and landing-it feels awesome! ;)

fallsauce

Rinkside
I really like Alexei Yagudin's flip, he has that pause before putting his toe pick in which looks really good.

But generally I prefer the edge jumps to the toe jumps, the loop probably the favourite, it always seem like the jump came out of nowhere.