Thread: To what music they should have skated in the Olympics 2002?

Custom Title

Question To what music they should have skated in the Olympics 2002?

I know that we all have our opinions about the music choices of skater that we like or don t like, but some skaters did not make a good choice for the Olympics. Like, IMO Barbara Fusar Poli and Mauricio Margaglio. They selected a song called " I will survive" when they were hoping to win !?!

I am not just talking about the massage of the program, but also how some skaters had very good programs before and than just messed up everything in the Olympic season.

I wanted Marina and Gwendal to skate to "Time to say goodbey" for their free dance. That gala program was sooooooooo good. Specially how they performed it at GPF 2000 in Lyon.

what do you think?

dunja

Custom Title
    Honestly, I was never happy that Michelle chose "Scheherezade". She made it work well at Nationals and Worlds, but I never got the impression that she fully connected with that music. I wish she had chosen something that really excited her for the Olympic year....not Frank. Oh well!

+ Medalist +
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeisGolden
    Honestly, I was never happy that Michelle chose "Scheherezade". She made it work well at Nationals and Worlds, but I never got the impression that she fully connected with that music. I wish she had chosen something that really excited her for the Olympic year....not Frank. Oh well!
    Ditto. I love her but I would have preferred MM and a new SP.

Custom Title
    I always felt that Scheherazade was the wrong choice of music for Michelle. Her earlier choices, when Lori Nichols was her choreographer were unique and very suitable to her style. She has done very well in recent years with different types of music, but somehow Scheherazade just did not feel right.

Tripping on the Podium
    I agree about Scheherazade, she performed it very well at Nationals. I even became a fan of the program and enjoy watching it sometimes, but it just never fit her style to me. I mean you cannot go back and change things because I think things turned out just fine for all the skaters but Aranuez during the Olympics would of been a good choice. Ladies wise I think all the other ladies had great choices of music, just too many bobbles (except Sarah of course), I loved Sasha's choices. Just think how different things could of been if Sasha landed her triple triple and skated a perfect program, what direction would her of life went? no Tatiano or Robin most likely.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeisGolden
    I agree with you completely. It's a mystery to me why Michelle Kwan skated to an old chestnut like "Scheherezade" - a piece she really did not interpret well. Her long program was, quite frankly, disappointing, not only because she fell on her triple flip and landed a 3/2 instead of a 3/3, but also because (to me at least) she simply did not feel the music.

Just my own two cents, of course.