Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds | Golden Skate

Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/patinageqc/posts/1460856083973030?pnref=story

Translation:
... wait for it...
The whole team of skate Quebec is extremely proud and also very excited to announce that Montreal has been chosen as the host city of the world championships of figure skating uis 2020. We would like to congratulate all those who have worked very hard on the set In Application. Thanks to the ISU Figure Skating, Skate Canada / Patinage Canada, Ville de Montréal, Tourism Montreal (Visit Montréal / Visitez Montréal) evenko and lbb strategies. Congratulations to you all!
Appointment at the bell centre in Montreal, in 2020! 👏👏🏅

The last time Worlds was in Canada was in 2013, when it was held in London, Ont.

mrrice

Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/patinageqc/posts/1460856083973030?pnref=story

Translation:

The last time Worlds was in Canada was in 2013, when it was held in London, Ont.

I LOVE Montreal..........This is very exciting and those Canadians know how to host an event. Maybe they can get Gino Vanelli to sing "I Just Wanna Stop" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8e1SjBHSUM Gino and a nice plate of Poutine and I'm all set....

Canadians.....Is La Ronde Amusement Park still around? That's where I met Gino and had poutine for the first time. I'd love to go there too.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although this is three years away, I could do this! Lots of hotels within walking distance of the venue, too!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I cannot wait for this, was planning on going to ACI this year but had a change of plans. Montreal is a wonderful city filled to the brim with culture, I will definitely be taking a few extra days to make a visit to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and then maybe hike up Mont Royal. Can't wait!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OMG I am so happy!!!!

Now listen to me all of my favourite skaters : DO NOT RETIRE after the O games ;)

GO CANADA!!!!

OMG!!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I LOVE Montreal..........This is very exciting and those Canadians know how to host an event. Maybe they can get Gino Vanelli to sing "I Just Wanna Stop" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8e1SjBHSUM Gino and a nice plate of Poutine and I'm all set....

gino is long gone mrrice.... we will see what's in flavour in 3 years....

for poutine...

i had one a couple weeks ago... it was a sugar shack poutine

normal poutine served with pulled ham from the bone and a shot of hot maple syrup.... it was the most delicious and decadent poutine i had ever had, better even than the fancy ones i have had with duck confit and poach eggs etc and so on.... If we are all around in 2020, i promise to post something about where one can get such delicacies!!!

but the real treat would be if our Patrick kept skating ;) ok ... he probably won't... but this is so exciting for Canadian skating.

- - - Updated - - -

The last time Montreal hosted Worlds was in 1932, so it's long overdue!

and considering Montreal doesn't even get Stars on Ice, it's about time there is something happening in the city... wow!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OMG and it's at the Bell Centre!!!! right downtown... i thought it may be in Laval or something... wow wow wow

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
and considering Montreal doesn't even get Stars on Ice, it's about time there is something happening in the city... wow!!!

OMG and it's at the Bell Centre!!!! right downtown... i thought it may be in Laval or something... wow wow wow

I was beginning to believe that no major figure skating competitions would ever come to Montreal, let alone the Bell Centre (I too had assumed that the venue might be Place Bell in Laval), so this is best news I could ever hope to hear!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :yahoo: :hap57: :yes2: :hap85: :dance3: :party2::hap93: :dance2:

liv

Record Breaker
Ita. I thought no one could kick the Habs out for a week... but the Bruins left and the seats were filled so I hope one day, one day, Toronto might host it as well....

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Sorry my friend, with the event downtown and all, as much as I appreciate your gracious offer to accommodate Chez Balcony, I'll likely be tucked away at the Sheraton Centre or similar. ;)

However with all of us in town, we def. should have a gathering for some poutine and a cold brew or two.

mrrice

Record Breaker
gino is long gone mrrice.... we will see what's in flavour in 3 years....

for poutine...

i had one a couple weeks ago... it was a sugar shack poutine

normal poutine served with pulled ham from the bone and a shot of hot maple syrup.... it was the most delicious and decadent poutine i had ever had, better even than the fancy ones i have had with duck confit and poach eggs etc and so on.... If we are all around in 2020, i promise to post something about where one can get such delicacies!!!

but the real treat would be if our Patrick kept skating ;) ok ... he probably won't... but this is so exciting for Canadian skating.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if Patrick isn't skating, as long as he's there......I can still chase him down and get a picture, even if its from far away. I'd love to see Jennifer Robinson again. Such a beautiful lady......

charmblade

Final Flight
Hmmm, just a five hour drive, this is totally possible for me. I thought I'd never get to see another Worlds unless it was in Boston or elsewhere in the Northeast again, so this is super exciting.

yuna13

On the Ice
Good choice! Starting the campaign to have P/C skating to "le ballet" by Céline Dion. No lyrical completely different vibe!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm reserving my spot on 4eversuspenders's balcony now. I'm a former scout leader. I can camp in January in the Ottawa valley so surely I can survive on a balcony in Montreal in late March