Quote of the Day ..... September | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day ..... September

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 1st

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 2nd

We are an arrogant species, full of terrible potential, but we also have a great capacity for love, friendship, generosity, kindness, faith, hope, and joy.
-- Dean Koontz

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 3rd

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another . . . and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world.
-- Leonard Bernstein

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sept. 4th

Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses.
Margaret Millar

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 5th

High office teaches decision making, not substance. [It] consumes intellectual capital; it does not create it. Most high officials leave office with the perceptions and insights with which they entered; they learn how to make decisions but not what decisions to make.
-- Robert Francis Kennedy

4dk

Last edited:

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 6th - Labor Day 2004

The rights of one are as sacred as the rights of a million.
-- Eugene V. Debs

Our movement is of the working people, for the working people, by the working people. . . .There is not a right too long denied to which we do not aspire in order to achieve; there is not a wrong too long endured that we are not determined to abolish.
Samuel Gompers

See more on Labor Day and How labor won its day

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 7th

What a good thing Adam had. When he said a good thing he knew nobody had said it before.
Mark Twain

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 8th

Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me.
--Ambrose Bierce

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 9th

Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law?
Dick Clark

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Sept. 10th

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 11th

Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
-- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 12th

People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.
David H. Comins

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 13th

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Snore and you sleep alone.
-- Anthony Burgess

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 14th

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
-- Charles Schulz

September 15th

Do not compute the totality of your poultry population until all the manifestations of incubation have been entirely completed.
-- William Jennings Bryan

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 16th

"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vaccuum tubes and perhaps weigh 1.5 tons. "
unknown, Popular Mechanics, March 1949

4dk - who still remembers with great fondness, the Compaq laptop my better half had to schlep around for me because I couldn't even pick it up. So much for portable in the 80's. Of course my current lap top weighs 4.5 lbs. so I guess we have come a long way since the vision of the future in 1949.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
September 18th

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Last edited:

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 19th

The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow.
-- H(erbert) G(eorge) Wells

4dk

anya_angie

Final Flight
"Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not." Robert Francis Kennedy

"You know 'Rainbow Connection' is really a song about following your own dreams and being true to yourself, and whether you're a realist or an idealist, that sorta fits the bill." Kermit the Frog on AFI's 100 Songs

4dogknight

Final Flight
September 20th

The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
Abraham Lincoln

4dk

Last edited: