Preview of new BOI cover with Peter and Shae-Lynn | Golden Skate

Preview of new BOI cover with Peter and Shae-Lynn

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Is this for real? I was so hoping that this would be the case!!! When is it due to this the rack? I HAVETO HAVE IT!!!

Gregor

Rinkside
I guess they don't want the picture shared just yet. The link posted doesn't work!
Well, I suppose the subscribers are entitled to the first glimpse of the new professional team.

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
CMM took the picture and article off their "news" page yesterday mid-morning and then removed the picture itself last night. They may have jumped the gun a little since BOI hadn't updated the cover on their own site yet.

Nan

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
I was very happy to see BOI had their new cover up this morning. I have to admit, I had a tense moment or two when CMM took the cover off their site! :laugh:

Now, if someone would just confirm when and where we can see this duo skating together for the first time, I'll really be happy! :love:

Nan

Kara Bear

Final Flight
wow, I really didn't think these two would end up skating together! But good luck to them

The couple look quite handsome and very warm and very cozy and all that stuff despite the matching makeup color. :)

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
LOL, I had to look at them a couple of times before recognizing... Will be interesting to see whether there will be comments about a chemistry in their skating.

Marjaana

CB1AB2

Medalist
I THINK THAT THEY WILL MAKE A GREAT TEAM==THEY WILL BRING DIFFERENT STYLES OF SKATING TOGETHER AND I'M SURE THEIR COACH WILL MAKE IT WORK BEAUTIFULLY==WELL I HOPE SO ANYWAY.
I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST=

cb

Lucy25

Final Flight
On fsu, someone quoted the article saying that they hope to skate for Canada in Turino! I am baffled as to how they can do this, since he just became an American citizen.

miffy

Rinkside
Peter became a US citizen three and a half years ago. If he can get Canadian Citizenship in time for Torino why shouldn't they compete?

bronxgirl

Medalist
I just think that the citizenship of a country shouldn't be tossed around like players being traded in baseball. If you want to become a citizen of a country (any country) I guess I'm old fashioned enough it should mean something a little special to you. JMHO (And I'm not referring to people who have dual citizenship by virture of other countrie's laws)

miffy

Rinkside
IIRC Peter said he wanted to be a rightful member of the country (USA) and that it meant more to him than just the skating. I'm sure it's not something he treats lightly. But the Olympic rules won't allow two skaters to compete together unless they both hold citizenship for the country they are representing. If they really want to go the the Olympics i don't see what else they can do.

ETA: I just want to add: bronxgirl, i'm not criticising your values at all - i can see exactly what you mean :)

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
I thought Shae-Lynn was done with competing? She only stuck around for 2003 because of Victor, and he never wanted to be a pro skater. I wouldn't see them doing well. There still seems to be some hierarchy in dance. It would be interesting if Shae-Lynn finally got tha Olympic medal, though.

heyang

Record Breaker
Are they really teaming up? The cover says 'The DREAM TEAM Shae-Lynn Bourne and Peter T Exclusive Interview with Ice Dancings Hottest Stars'

There both hot stars in Ice Dance, but the cover doesn't say ICE DANCING's NEWEST TEAM. Is it really just a dream?

ladybug

On the Ice
How can Peter become a Canadian citizen so quickly? I thought that would take years like it does in the US.

Ladybug