Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Preview of new BOI cover with Peter and Shae-Lynn

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    I just think that the citizenship of a country shouldn't be tossed around like players being traded in baseball. If you want to become a citizen of a country (any country) I guess I'm old fashioned enough it should mean something a little special to you. JMHO (And I'm not referring to people who have dual citizenship by virture of other countrie's laws)

On the Ice
    IIRC Peter said he wanted to be a rightful member of the country (USA) and that it meant more to him than just the skating. I'm sure it's not something he treats lightly. But the Olympic rules won't allow two skaters to compete together unless they both hold citizenship for the country they are representing. If they really want to go the the Olympics i don't see what else they can do.

ETA: I just want to add: bronxgirl, i'm not criticising your values at all - i can see exactly what you mean
    Last edited by miffy; 09-04-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Rogue Leader
    I thought Shae-Lynn was done with competing? She only stuck around for 2003 because of Victor, and he never wanted to be a pro skater. I wouldn't see them doing well. There still seems to be some hierarchy in dance. It would be interesting if Shae-Lynn finally got tha Olympic medal, though.

Are they really teaming up? The cover says 'The DREAM TEAM Shae-Lynn Bourne and Peter T Exclusive Interview with Ice Dancings Hottest Stars'

There both hot stars in Ice Dance, but the cover doesn't say ICE DANCING's NEWEST TEAM. Is it really just a dream?

Custom Title
    How can Peter become a Canadian citizen so quickly? I thought that would take years like it does in the US.

Ladybug

http://p068.ezboard.com/bstrawberrycanyonfsc
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy
    IIRC Peter said he wanted to be a rightful member of the country (USA) and that it meant more to him than just the skating. I'm sure it's not something he treats lightly. But the Olympic rules won't allow two skaters to compete together unless they both hold citizenship for the country they are representing. If they really want to go the the Olympics i don't see what else they can do.

ETA: I just want to add: bronxgirl, i'm not criticising your values at all - i can see exactly what you mean
    BAck in 1992, the ISU and the IOC made an exception to the rule. Drobiazko and Vanagas wrote a letter to the ISU, since Margarita, then a Russian citizen, didn't have Lithuanian citizenship. They allowed them to compete in Albertville...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    Are they really teaming up? The cover says 'The DREAM TEAM Shae-Lynn Bourne and Peter T Exclusive Interview with Ice Dancings Hottest Stars'

There both hot stars in Ice Dance, but the cover doesn't say ICE DANCING's NEWEST TEAM. Is it really just a dream?

No. All last month BOI were promising the exclusive interview with Peter and his new partner. I think the wording on the cover is just unfortunate! If you look at the CMM site there are quotes from Peter and Shae that make it clear they are skating together!

http://www.cmmskating.com

Custom Title
    LOL, I understand from the expression "dream team" that they are seen as so great together, hence the expression. Not that they are just dreaming to be able to skate together.

Marjaana

Custom Title
    I am so happy for those two, their respective career was cut way too short and they both wanted to skate pro, so to have this other chance to find someone with who you can skate and bring your magic to the ice, well good luck to them and I just cant wait to see them skate in shows or in Stars on ice, because I believe that they will be in SOI.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    How can Peter become a Canadian citizen so quickly? I thought that would take years like it does in the US.

Ladybug
    Maybe the U.S. and Canada can arrange a trade Tanith for Peter? Or the new dream teams of Tanith and Shae and Peter and Ben could skate together :D ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2