Thread: Belbin/Agosto Free Dance

Hybrid View

Go NJ Devils

Belbin/Agosto Free Dance

I just got an email from the BelbinAgosto group, with a link to a Blades on Ice online blurb that announces B/A's Free Dance music:

Coach Igor Shpilband has revealed that Tanith Belbin and her partner, Ben Agosto, will be presenting a Russian Gypsy Dance for their free this season, which will be seen at Skate America in Pittsburgh, October 21-24. "I wanted them to do something different."
    http://bladesonice.com/mag/blaweb1.htm

According to the blurb, the OD isn't set yet.

Custom Title
    I liked their Sarajevo number, and I am SO glad they aren't doing fluff this year. Russian music for Moscow. I wonder how many other skaters will try the same ploy.

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    I liked their Sarajevo number, and I am SO glad they aren't doing fluff this year. Russian music for Moscow. I wonder how many other skaters will try the same ploy.
    I totally agree! Belbin/Agosto will be skating in Moscow, and what better music than Russian music to charm and impress the Russian audience? I hope they interpret the music well, and I believe they will be successful in doing so. Please don't tell me, however, that they are skating to "Kalinka". UGH

Belbin/Agosto are outside chances to medal at next year's Worlds, and perhaps their selection of Russian music will propel them to a World medal.

Choosing music appropriate and/or familiar to the home audience is nothing new, of course, Remember that Annet Poetzsch skated to "Funny Girl" at the 1980 Winter Olympics, held in Lake Placid, and Katarina Witt skated to "West Side Story" at the 1987 Worlds, which were held in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Why shouldn't B&A play up to the Russians in Moscow. They won't be the only ones. So far we know of Ochichornia, Tschaikowsky R&J, and now Russian Gypsy Dance. I predict there will be more.

BTW, is this Russian Gypsy Dance the same as Ochichornia (Dark Eyes)?

Joe

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    BTW, is this Russian Gypsy Dance the same as Ochichornia (Dark Eyes)?

Joe
    One is more than enough

Russian music for Moscow. I wonder how many other skaters will try the same ploy.
    Well at least one other is....Sasha is using Russian music for both her short AND long.