Wimbledon 2017 | Golden Skate

Wimbledon 2017

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Anyone watching the Wimbledon? Who is your favourite to win? I really want Roger and Venus to win this. :luv17:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well now that rao is gone... roger for sure... rao had a very tough draw : he made it further than I thought...

always wanted venus to win it...so that's good

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I tried my best to watch past week as much as I could after work, including one of the best matches this season for me Muller-Nadal and a very dramatic one Kerber-Muguruza. I kind of cheered for Johanna Konta and Garbine Muguruza, Magdalena Rybarikova was sensational for me until that semi-final, hope she'll get a boost of confidnce by her appearance in total and play well going forward.

But the constant highlight for me was Roger Federer's play, the ridiculous almost ease of it. At 36, after taking a half year of last season, he is moving and playing amazingly, and some of those shots at Wimbledon were breathtaking for me. What is so striking for me that there is no forcefulness in his game - it's a skill combined with right power, amped by that authority and silent, classy confidence of his. His play on grass is on the same level of tennis virtuoserie as Nadal's on clay - just feels so esy to watch, so easy to appreciate. Today's semi-final with Tomas Berdych was again - not the worst effort from Czech player (actually I think he played a very good tournament here), but the sheer power, decisiveness, quality and confidence were just superior from Roger's game. I'll watch on Sunday and cheer Swiss Maestro:cheer:

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm way too invested in Kontinen/Watson. They have a lovely, light-hearted chemistry, and it's not helping that Henri has the looks of a matinee idol :love:

nolangoh

Record Breaker
The Ladies' finals is over and Garbine Muguruza is the champion! Congratulations!

The Goddess Venus will be back! Watch out girls!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to Garbine! She's clearly the future of Women Tennis :)

Who're you're cheering for today?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Federer leads, and deservedly so. Cilic is not playing his best...

ETA: Roger Federer - King of Wimbledon :)

nolangoh

Record Breaker
The Coronation is complete, LONG LIVE ROGER!!! THE KING OF KINGS!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Roger Federer - A CLASS, a class on its own. You either have it or not. A class followed by so much elegance and ease. I just wish Marin would not be injuried to give it a better shot, anyway - kudos to play so well in the whole tournament and being on court today.

And I teared too when Roger cried a bit waiting on ceremony, it has to be a special feel to be at Wimbledon again and win his 8th title there, after being up and going for quite some time, players coming and going and he still wins...And his kids are just cuteness overload:love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
One of Fed's daughters made her brother clap. :laugh: Too cute.
Low key want him to win #20 at USO but wouldn't mind a nadal win at all.

mintx

On the Ice
So happy for Roger. I would love to see him get 20 at the US Open. This is the first time he's won without losing a set. He was precious waving to his kids.