Thread: Olympic Team Event

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Olympic Team Event

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    I can't seem to find the specific rules for this event. I was wondering if the competitors have to be qualified for the Olympics in their own discipline in order to compete in the Team Event. So, for example, the US only has one spot for pairs, could they bring 2 pairs teams to the Olympics with one of them only competing in the Team Event?

I know it would probably never happen due to the extra expenses, etc. involved, but I was wondering if it was possible.

0 Not allowed!
    http://static.isu.org/media/309682/i...skating-en.pdf

*NOCs/ISU Members who do not have qualified skaters/couples in an individual Olympic Winter Games (OWG) event (Men Single Skating, Ladies Single Skating, Pair Skating, Ice Dance), may be allocated one (1) “Additional Athletes Quota” place and enter into only in the Figure Skating Team event. If applicable, each NOC may only use the “Additional Athletes Quota” place in only one (1) event (Men Single Skating, Ladies Single Skating, Pair Skating or Ice Dance) of the Figure Skating Team event.
    They can have an individual/pair/ice dance team is they are lacking for one discipline. I believe that is how Takahashi/Kihara competed in pairs at 2014 Olympics.

Expenses won't affect whether USFSA sends another team, S/K did not place high enough to earn a second at Worlds.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndichee View Post
    http://static.isu.org/media/309682/i...skating-en.pdf
    They can have an individual/pair/ice dance team is they are lacking for one discipline. I believe that is how Takahashi/Kihara competed in pairs at 2014 Olympics.
    Takahashi & Kihara actually qualified independently. Though, prior to Nebelhorn, Japan already knew they would have a team because T&K could have gone without qualifying.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Thanks!