Thread: Let's talk K Picks

Montreal Quebec

Let's talk K Picks

Hi all!

Sorry I haven' t been around much lately.....been busy....

I am curious to know hoe many here have tried the famous K Picks.....and while we are at it.....Parabolics with the K Picks....

What differences have you noticed....good or bad.....

I don' t really care about what people have said or will say about for I value the opinions of those on this forum....real people....real skaters....

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    Lowell, Arkansas and the skating rink
    My coach got them and does not notice a difference at all. For me, the jury is still out on the parabolics. Until I hear many rave about them, I am happy on my Visions.

Custom Title
    Chicago, IL USA
    Love, love, love my Phantom K-Picks! I think they were well worth the money. On the other hand, I have a friend that just bought them and hates them, so he's going back to regular Phantoms. (However, I suspect a poor initial sharp may have something to do with his dislike of them).
    I almost wish I'd waited and gone with the parabolic K-picks, but I'm not spending money for new blades 2 years in a row and the regular Phantom K serves me pretty well.

I don't have K-picks, but I'm curious about them, so if anyone has experience, please share! I have Parabolic Pattern99's and I love them. The parabolics makes edge and toe takeoffs a little quicker, which gives you more height.

i have phantom k-picks and i like them but i dont find that there is much difference between them and regular blades. mostly i find that they have better 'grip' when doing lutzes/flips/toes and they just seem more solid when picking in.

Parabolics are good for edges and edge jumps. They make footwork harder to do and they are awful for dancers who need to do fast twizzles and complicated foorwork. I haven't used k picks.

San Diego, CA
    I have parabolic blades and feel they are ok. When I buy a new pair of blades I probably will go back to my MK professionals.