Let's talk K Picks | Golden Skate

Let's talk K Picks

Steve L

Rinkside
Hi all!

Sorry I haven' t been around much lately.....been busy....

I am curious to know hoe many here have tried the famous K Picks.....and while we are at it.....Parabolics with the K Picks....

What differences have you noticed....good or bad.....

I don' t really care about what people have said or will say about them......as for I value the opinions of those on this forum....real people....real skaters....

Thanks!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
My coach got them and does not notice a difference at all. For me, the jury is still out on the parabolics. Until I hear many rave about them, I am happy on my Visions.

megsk8z

On the Ice
Love, love, love my Phantom K-Picks! I think they were well worth the money. On the other hand, I have a friend that just bought them and hates them, so he's going back to regular Phantoms. (However, I suspect a poor initial sharp may have something to do with his dislike of them).
I almost wish I'd waited and gone with the parabolic K-picks, but I'm not spending money for new blades 2 years in a row and the regular Phantom K serves me pretty well.

yummyNoodles

Rinkside
I don't have K-picks, but I'm curious about them, so if anyone has experience, please share! I have Parabolic Pattern99's and I love them. The parabolics makes edge and toe takeoffs a little quicker, which gives you more height. :)

sk8kristi

Rinkside
i have phantom k-picks and i like them but i dont find that there is much difference between them and regular blades. mostly i find that they have better 'grip' when doing lutzes/flips/toes and they just seem more solid when picking in.

siuyan

Spectator
Parabolics are good for edges and edge jumps. They make footwork harder to do and they are awful for dancers who need to do fast twizzles and complicated foorwork. I haven't used k picks.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I have parabolic blades and feel they are ok. When I buy a new pair of blades I probably will go back to my MK professionals.