Angela and Golden West | Golden Skate

Angela and Golden West

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you go to Angela's Web Site
a notice is up that she debuted her Moonlight Sonata short program at the Golden West (All Year Figure Skating Club) competition and won in the SP!!
I have heard that there were about 20 or more senior women competing.

Amber Corwin was 3rd, Felicia Beck 4th, and I believe someone named Angie Lien????? :confused: was 2nd.

So Hooray for Angela! :love: :love: :love:

I hope she will skate as well in her long program.

dpp

Yay, Angela! She could very well skate her way back into prominence on the national scene this year.

About Angie Lien, Here is an article by Sylvia from Unseen Skaters (2003).

Mathman

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
That's wonderful!! Thank you for sharing that news. I can't wait to see her programs this year. :D

Eeyora

Final Flight
Maybe this thread should be moved to the spoiler section.

:cry: Bad news Angela withdrew. I am actually really bummed. I hope she is not injured. Bad luck seems to follow this poor girl. Also her website as of now is down I hope she is okay. It is so painful to watch her go through all of this. All I can say is hope she did not give up. I send her my best wishes.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
It's very common for skaters to choose to do just the SP or FS event at a summer club competition. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into the fact that Angela did not compete in the FS yesterday.

P.S. Go Angie Lien! :)

Edited to add the top 6 Senior Ladies final/overall results (which may or may not be the same as the FS results) passed along to me by a friend: Amber Corwin, Danielle Kahle, Angie Lien, Felicia Beck, Aanya Reiten, Erica Aden.

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Angela chose not to do her FS for that particular competition so I wouldn't be too worried about her. Great for Amber to win the gold though!! That is awesome for her. I look foward to seeing both of those gals compete at Nats again this year. :D

Eeyora

Final Flight
Thank You for the information

I'm relieved to hear everything is okay with Angela. I did go back to her website and it has been updated with that information. I can't wait to see what Angela has in store for her long program. I wish her the best for the upcoming season and I hope she is able to conquer her inner demons.

insecureedge

On the Ice
Eeyora said:
Maybe this thread should be moved to the spoiler section.

If this were a televised competition, I would agree with you. However, it is not, and the thread title did not reveal anything in particular about the results, so it's okay to me.