Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: College Football

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Mimai did beat FSU in a thriller (I've adopted Miami as my football team since I went to med school there )

Now you know that Miami, Virginia Tech, and Boston College have raped the Big East conference in order just to make more money in the ACC? WV being a small state can't count on in state players. Southern Florida has always been good to us in that we get Miami's rejects who are anxious to get to play against the Hurricanes. Now that we don't play UM the incentive for them to come to WV is gone.

Well, it is certainly not going to be a 700 yard offense night. Early in the third quarter we have turned the ball over twice . WVU is leading but not by enougfh 28-17.. Like ice, grass and turf are also slippery!
    Last edited by Piel; 09-11-2004 at 06:59 PM.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    My undergrad school just went division 1 a few years ago. When dinosaurs roamed the earth and I attended, football was a club sport (not even division III).
    You can therefore understand my transferrred allegiance to UM (tenuous as it is)
    go canes?

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    We need gold as a font color choice...W[/COLOR]VU
    yellow doesn't work :( .
    Hey, Piel, this is GOLD

And this is GOLDENROD

All you have to do is type in the name of the color you want where it says "color=..." It doesn't have to be on the GS dropdown list.

AND ANOTHER THING People who write in size 1 or 2 type obviously do not want CERTAIN OTHER PEOPLE to be able to read their posts, LOL.

Mathman

PS. Edited to add: Notre Dame 28, Michigan 20
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-11-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Michigan LOST?!?! Wow, I was not expecting that result Larry.

Ohio State beat Marshall today (barely!! ) 27-24 on a LONG field goal attempt from Mike Nugent. Thank the good Lord above he hit that because an overtime could have done me in what with the turnovers and just bad plays that randomly came from the Buckeyes today. Good game overall though, Marshall gave it all they had so props to them. Buckeyes are still undefeated though. WOO!

University of Cincy beat Miami (OH) to get that victory bell back for the first time in like five years too! That was awesome to hear so go Bearcats too! :D

Go Buckeyes!!!

Thank goodness OSU hit that field goal. Life here would be unbearable if Marshall had won.

My guys ended up winning 45-20. Rasheed did have a great game 14 of 18 passes completed for 225 yards and 4 TDs AND ran in for one. The running game? KJ went out on the second play with a pulled hamstring. In the second quarter Brian Wright went out with a twisted ankle leaving us one healthy tailback who's favorite formation is the two tailback set, so there you go. 116 yards in penalties is waaaaaay to many. Next week we play Maryland and it is always a tough game for us. Any Terp fans out there?

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS Thanks Larry!

#7 WESTVIRGINIA 19, Maryland 16 in OVERTIME!!

Rasheed came through!!! Chris Henry caught one when it counted. KJ's pulled hamstring is still not 100%.but a win is a win. After 5 losses to Maryland in a row, including two last season :o :o :o this was great for the Mountaineer program. Everyone was listening to the game at the fall festival yesterday and when that OT touchdown pass was completed a loud cheer from the crowd went up, strangers were hugging each other, it was a beautiful thing...except for the HERD fans

Mountaineers are 3-0!!! And... have moved up to #7 and #6 in the polls.
    Last edited by Piel; 09-19-2004 at 06:54 PM.

OSU wins again!!!!

I think the score was 22-17 over NC State but I was out last night and only barely caught the score as it went by on the TV at the bar, so I really am not sure if that's right. Oh well, I know they won!! :D

Another win for the Mountaineers ! True over AA james Madison but a W is a W. Next week we are at Blacksburg to play Virginia Tech. My favorite niece Dani lives in Roanoke and while she remains true to the gold and blue, her hubby and family are big Hokie fans. We are planning to go down next weekend to take baby Ashlyn her Halloween presents. Dani called today to say she has tickets for us to attend the game. She was planning on surprising me when we arrived but was afraid that I might be too sick to go so she has instructed me to rest all week. Our seats are in the VT section . Ashlyn is going to wear her little WVU cheerleader outfit .I am so excited!

Hey Mathman Michiganbeat Iowa 30-17!

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Another win for the Mountaineers
    Hey Mathman, Michigan beat Iowa 30-17!
    Ashlyn is going to wear her little WVU cheerleader outfit

Did you make it for her?
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-25-2004 at 07:03 PM.

OSU had a bye today which was very good for my stress level after I got yelled at by a customer at work today for basically just doing my job. *shrug*

Anyway, I watched the Michigan-Iowa game and was sitting there groaning everytime Iowa got the ball. How many times did they turn the ball over!? Like six?!?! That was crazy. Michigan played great overall but they got a few gifts from Iowa too. Good game to watch. No stress for me!! LOL

Piel-Have a great time at the game!! That sounds SOOO cute with the cheerleader outfit!! :D

I am so bummed out!!! I have stayed in bed all week like a good girl and did everything I was supposed to do. Yesterday my leg started swelling so today instead of teaching Ashlyn how to harass Hokies I am watching my guys on TV in what has so far been an awful game So if we lose now you know it was because I wasn't there to inspire..........OK that and our star runner STILL being out with a pulled hamstring. At halftime it's VT 13 WVU 0

#@!$%^%$#@!@#$$%%^&^ We lost 16 to 19. Want to see the fastest fall in the polls since the beginning of sport? We will be lucky to stay in the top 25. If we only could keep what instate talent we have. For example Tech's quarterback Randall is a WV guy . Piel is cranky and needs a nap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast