College Football | Page 2 | Golden Skate

College Football

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Michigan LOST?!?! Wow, I was not expecting that result Larry. :eek:

Ohio State beat Marshall today (barely!! :eek: ) 27-24 on a LONG field goal attempt from Mike Nugent. Thank the good Lord above he hit that because an overtime could have done me in what with the turnovers and just bad plays that randomly came from the Buckeyes today. Good game overall though, Marshall gave it all they had so props to them. Buckeyes are still undefeated though. WOO! :love:

University of Cincy beat Miami (OH) to get that victory bell back for the first time in like five years too! That was awesome to hear so go Bearcats too! :D

Go Buckeyes!!! :p

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thank goodness OSU hit that field goal. Life here would be unbearable if Marshall had won. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My guys ended up winning 45-20. Rasheed did have a great game 14 of 18 passes completed for 225 yards and 4 TDs AND ran in for one. The running game? KJ went out on the second play with a pulled hamstring. In the second quarter Brian Wright went out with a twisted ankle leaving us one healthy tailback who's favorite formation is the two tailback set, so there you go. 116 yards in penalties is waaaaaay to many. Next week we play Maryland and it is always a tough game for us. Any Terp fans out there?

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS Thanks Larry! :) :) :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rasheed came through!!! Chris Henry caught one when it counted. KJ's pulled hamstring is still not 100%.but a win is a win. After 5 losses to Maryland in a row, including two last season :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: this was great for the Mountaineer program. Everyone was listening to the game at the fall festival yesterday and when that OT touchdown pass was completed a loud cheer from the crowd went up, strangers were hugging each other, it was a beautiful thing...except for the HERD fans ;)

Mountaineers are 3-0!!! And... have moved up to #7 and #6 in the polls. :love:

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
OSU wins again!!!! :love:

I think the score was 22-17 over NC State but I was out last night and only barely caught the score as it went by on the TV at the bar, so I really am not sure if that's right. Oh well, I know they won!! :D

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Another win for the Mountaineers :love: ! True over AA james Madison but a W is a W. Next week we are at Blacksburg to play Virginia Tech. My favorite niece Dani lives in Roanoke and while she remains true to the gold and blue, her hubby and family are big Hokie fans. We are planning to go down next weekend to take baby Ashlyn her Halloween presents. Dani called today to say she has tickets for us to attend the game. She was planning on surprising me when we arrived but was afraid that I might be too sick to go so she has instructed me to rest all week. Our seats are in the VT section :eek: . Ashlyn is going to wear her little WVU cheerleader outfit :love: :love: :love: .I am so excited!

Hey Mathman Michiganbeat Iowa 30-17!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
OSU had a bye today which was very good for my stress level after I got yelled at by a customer at work today for basically just doing my job. *shrug* :confused:

Anyway, I watched the Michigan-Iowa game and was sitting there groaning everytime Iowa got the ball. How many times did they turn the ball over!? Like six?!?! That was crazy. Michigan played great overall but they got a few gifts from Iowa too. Good game to watch. No stress for me!! LOL :laugh:

Piel-Have a great time at the game!! That sounds SOOO cute with the cheerleader outfit!! :D

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am so bummed out!!! I have stayed in bed all week like a good girl and did everything I was supposed to do. Yesterday my leg started swelling so today instead of teaching Ashlyn how to harass Hokies I am watching my guys on TV in what has so far been an awful game :cry: :cry: :cry: So if we lose now you know it was because I wasn't there to inspire..........OK that and our star runner STILL being out with a pulled hamstring. ;) At halftime it's VT 13 WVU 0 :cry:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
#@!$%^%$#@!@#$$%%^&^ We lost 16 to 19. Want to see the fastest fall in the polls since the beginning of sport? We will be lucky to stay in the top 25. If we only could keep what instate talent we have. For example Tech's quarterback Randall is a WV guy :mad: . Piel is cranky and needs a nap.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Piel-You need a hug. Or four. *HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS* :(

And geesh, I could use one too. OSU lost to freaking Northwestern tonight. What the heck!??! Northwestern guys?! My oh my. That really sucks. Group hug to everyone!!! :sheesh: :cry: :(

Jhar55

Medalist
Win or Lose, I am a BIG Michigan Fan. Been watching them since the early 70's. Go Big Blue.. :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
JHar and Mathman, Michigan is #14 in both polls! Heather and I are enjoying life with the bottom feeders. :cry: :cry: :cry:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Boo to overtime too! I just read up a little on the OSU loss from yesterday and Mike Nugent missed a field goal! HE MISSED A FG?!?!? He never misses those. That just makes it worse! Ugh, come on Buckeyes!!!! *needs praying smiley* :eek:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yikes we just got by Rutgers 35-30! :eek: Since I am boycotting our Sinclair :mad: owned ABC station I had to settle with listening to the game on the radio instead of watching on TV.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
When they used to have a team, Nebraska of course. I pay no attention any more. One time we were watching and I had had some pain pills and was kind of high and my son cracked up when the player shot the ball, bending over, between his legs and I yelled. "The birth of a football".

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
When they used to have a team, Nebraska of course. I pay no attention any more. One time we were watching and I had had some pain pills and was kind of high and my son cracked up when the player shot the ball, bending over, between his legs and I yelled. "The birth of a football".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heather congrats to Ohio State! I love it when anyone beats Joe Pa and gang. :rock:

Larry, Michigan over Michigan State in triple overtime :love:

How about Maryland over Florida State :agree:. Miami and North Carolina are tied...gooo Carolina!

I'm for West Virginia and anyone playing Virginia Tech!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
This was a crazy saturday as far as upset victories go!!!! My horns may be BCS bowl bound for the first time ever!!!!!

Piel said:
Larry, Michigan over Michigan State in triple overtime :love:
The Wolverines (not that there are any actual wolverines in the Wolverine State -- they live in Wisconsin and Canada) were 17 points behind in the fourth quarter. Thanks to an onside kick and two acrobatic take-away catches in the end zone by Braylon Edwards, they scored 17 points in three minutes to tie it up.:) Poor State, they thought they had it this time. :boohoo:

MM