Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Last movie you watched

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Did you like Olaf & his song "In Summer" (sung by Josh Gad)?
    I absolutely loved Olaf. He was hilarious! And so likable. A real tonic to Anna, who I actually found pretty annoying (although, I did start to warm to her towards the end of the film).

Olaf's song was so funny! It was a classic Disney song - a very clever song, but at the same time a catchy song that you can get into very easily. After every line, you couldn't help but reply "But you're a snowman! You'd melt!"

But, when there were occasions later in the film when there was the real chance that he could melt, I was actually shouting "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that!!!" That I was genuinely worried for him just shows how good a character he was.

You know, I would quite like to see him get his own spin-off.

CaroLiza_fan

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    "Hacksaw Ridge" on a subscription service.

A movie has to have tremendous reviews and recommendations for me to actually go to a movie theater... for a variety of reasons.
    I thought this was one of the best movies I've watched ...ever!! I never watch war movies but this one kept me on the edge of my seat.

1 Not allowed!
    Miss Congeniality is the last film I watched.

I've been on a TV documentary kick lately.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I absolutely loved Olaf. He was hilarious! And so likable. A real tonic to Anna, who I actually found pretty annoying (although, I did start to warm to her towards the end of the film).

Olaf's song was so funny! It was a classic Disney song - a very clever song, but at the same time a catchy song that you can get into very easily. After every line, you couldn't help but reply "But you're a snowman! You'd melt!"

But, when there were occasions later in the film when there was the real chance that he could melt, I was actually shouting "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that!!!" That I was genuinely worried for him just shows how good a character he was.

You know, I would quite like to see him get his own spin-off.

CaroLiza_fan
    I loved Olaf's antics in the "Frozen Fever" short (which was presented in the movie theater with the live action "Cinderella"). The part where he eats the icing off of the birthday cake, & then tries to put it back cracks me up! He's SO endearing! Confession - he's easily my favorite of the newer Disney characters. Tonichelle knows my favorite Disney character of all time .

1 Not allowed!
    I loved Olaf's antics in the "Frozen Fever" short (which was presented in the movie theater with the live action "Cinderella"). The part where he eats the icing off of the birthday cake, & then tries to put it back cracks me up! He's SO endearing! Confession - he's easily my favorite of the newer Disney characters. Tonichelle knows my favorite Disney character of all time .
    Only the best character of all time! Donald Duck #1!

- - - Updated - - -

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Haven't seen the new version of "Cinderella" yet. But, it is a film I want to see.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that short as well, then (I bet it'll be shown on TV at Christmas)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    "Aaaaah, shaaddup!"

(It's hard to work out how to spell these soundbites! )

Although I loved all the classic Disney characters, Donald was one of my particular favourites. Not your typical cartoon character designed to be a role model for children - he was grumpy, stubborn, bad-tempered. But he also had a good heart, and was loyal to his friends. In short, he was like a real person, but in the form of a duck.

Although it was about his relatives rather than Donald himself, "Duck Tales" was my joint favourite cartoon series when I was a youngster, alongside "Chip 'n' Dale - Rescue Rangers"

Useless piece of information - my first word was "quack"!

Getting back to the movies.

When I was in Cyprus, there was one day that I woke up very early and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got up to read the previous day's paper. But, I flicked on the TV to see what was on, and there was this film on.

I recognised the lead actress, but I couldn't place who she was. And this was really annoying me, so I left the TV on while I was reading.

Now, because it was so early, I had the mute on. And I was only glancing up at it every wee while. So, I wouldn't say it counted as "watching". But, I managed to see enough to work out that it was about artists in 1920's / 30's Italy.

Unfortunately, the channel that was showing it cut off the credits before it got to the cast. But, I saw Salma Hayek's name amongst the backstage crew. So, I guessed that it might have been her.

When I got home, I looked up Salma Hayek films, and quickly concluded that it was her, and that the film being shown was "Frida". But, I got the country wrong - it was México, not Italy.

As for the last movie I did watch properly, that would be "Hotel Transylvania". Absolutely loved it. So funny, a great story, and the characters were all so likable.

Can't wait to see the sequels.

CaroLiza_fan

Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me Arriba627's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Just saw "Mother" with Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem. Ok, this was pretty strange!

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Haven't seen the new version of "Cinderella" yet. But, it is a film I want to see.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that short as well, then (I bet it'll be shown on TV at Christmas)

"Aaaaah, shaaddup!"

(It's hard to work out how to spell these soundbites! )

Although I loved all the classic Disney characters, Donald was one of my particular favourites. Not your typical cartoon character designed to be a role model for children - he was grumpy, stubborn, bad-tempered. But he also had a good heart, and was loyal to his friends. In short, he was like a real person, but in the form of a duck.

Although it was about his relatives rather than Donald himself, "Duck Tales" was my joint favourite cartoon series when I was a youngster, alongside "Chip 'n' Dale - Rescue Rangers"

Useless piece of information - my first word was "quack"!

CaroLiza_fan

The "Frozen Fever" short is on Youtube. Definitely worth checking out!

Donald Duck has that temper, is impulsive, impatient, etc. but he's feisty, playful, mischievous (but never malicious, like Daffy Duck is). He never gives up! So many human qualities! Did you ever see "The Three Caballeros?" There's a scene when he gets excited about a pinata. Shortly after that he childishly asks, "What's a pinata?"

Back to the movies. Last night we watch "Truth" - a documentary about Dan Rather & Mary Mapes (from our Netflix queue).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2