Pet Peeves | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pet Peeves

mpal2

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
Bossy people and people who think their way is the only way. (My sis!)

Granny, I feel like I have found a kindred spirit. :D Not only is it only her way, but she feels free to tell people how stupid their way is. If that offends you, she's not being rude you're being too sensitive.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
If that offends you, she's not being rude you're being too sensitive.

LOL, I have a brother that is like that. He can say all of the nastiest things in the world to you, but if you throw one back his way he gets all upset and can't handle it. And he tells me I am too sensitive! UGHH!

Another that really bothers me:
1. People that don't say "Thank You" when you hold a door open for them, etc.

icenut84

Final Flight
anya_angie said:
I agree Ruth about the commentators. Like when Button said that Plushenko landed 3axel-hl-3 toe, I was saying to the TV, TRIPLE FLIP AIRHEAD haha. And he proceeded to tear the jump sequence apart, I was like Don't blame him cause YOU made a MIS-CALL.

I don't know if you were replying to my post (above yours) or not, but my name's not Ruth. :confused: Anyroad, I agree! I remember a while back Plush did a triple axel-half loop-triple flip, and the commentator made out like the half loop was a way off a dodgy landing and he "had" to put the flip on the end, not the toe. As if he would turn it into that combo if he hadn't planned to! Also a while back (sometime during this season I think, may have been Euros), I watched a skater do a lovely programme that had more in betweens and transitions and movements in than most skaters would use, and one of the first things the commentator said was that they'd like to see more choreography in it. That made me totally :confused: :confused: - what the heck were you watching??

I also totally agree with another one someone's mentioned - people who say stuff to you and then if you get offended, say you're too sensitive rather than realise they said something offensive. Grrrr, that's so annoying! Especially when they keep on saying things, trying to wind you up, and don't understand that stuff they say *can* be offensive and irritating.

Rachel :)

icenut84

Final Flight
BronzeisGolden said:
Another that really bothers me:
1. People that don't say "Thank You" when you hold a door open for them, etc.

And when you're at work and are serving someone, people who don't say either please or thankyou, and/or are rude, and/or throw a wobbly if you dare ask them (nicely) for ID, and/or demand something rather than ask for it. "Give me a coke." For example. :mad: A please doesn't cost anything.

diver chick

On the Ice
When I am in a shop and the staff would rather have a conversation with each other than serve me.

Automated answer services when you ring a company - please press 1 for...,2 for..., 3 for.... etc. Funny how none of them have a press X for complaints!!!

When my boyfriend piles his clothes on the chair/floor/bed/laundry basket rather than put them away.

People who ring my extention number at the hospital asking for someone in some other dept. No problem until I say they have the wrong number. People seem to have a really hard time with the fact that there are 13,000 staff here and I don't know them all personally so no I am very sorry but I cannot transfer you to Gillian in the Renal Unit :laugh:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Sorry Icenut, LOL I misread your name!

Another peeve. I despise it when I misread things LOL I do it so often too. :(

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
yummyNoodles said:
So what really ticks everyone off? I mean what little things make you so mad? Come on, everyone, here is the place to vent. :)

my cell phone - I switched back to Fido and boy is it a "dog!" Fido, dies, does not work in some bldgs. and has less coverage. I want my Telus phone back!!!