Pet Peeves | Golden Skate

Pet Peeves

yummyNoodles

Rinkside
So what really ticks everyone off? I mean what little things make you so mad? Come on, everyone, here is the place to vent. :)

Johar

Medalist
1. Computer viruses and worms. I've been going through hell lately because of these, causing me to be offline for several days at a time.

2. Retiring sound top Thoroughbreds to stud for money after telling the public they would race again at age 4. Smarty Jones..cough.....cough....

3. Having health problems that won't readily go away.

4. My parents who really think smoking does NOT cause lung cancer. They refuse to believe that their chain smoking causes any harm to them or others.

5. Children running amock in public places, especially restaurants and libraries.

anya_angie

Final Flight
I have a few pet peeves, but not many come to mind now, save for this one

Hearing Dick Button despise something one second and adore it the next.

Lucy25

Final Flight
When people wear sunglasses inside. It really bugs me! Also when people wear their sunglasses on top of their heads at church.

When the driver in the front of the turn lane does not go when it's their turn, allowing only a car or two to make the light because he/she wasn't paying attention.

When people say "impordant" instead of "important". I even heard this on tv the other day!

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Hmmm, we had one of these a few months ago and it was fun.

5. Children running amock in public places, especially restaurants and libraries.

1. My first one is a little variation on Johar's. I can't stand to see kids running around without shoes on in public places. That is so irresponsible of the parents. And, since I am from TN, these poor, little, shoeless imps are also usually sporting mullets and ratty "The Rock" t-shirts.

2. It drives me wild to see parents bringing kids into movies that are completely inappropriate for them.

3. People that repeatedly follow statements up with "and stuff" and "or what have you".

Such as, "Oh my gosh, so we were at the mall and stuff. And, we were just shopping around and stuff. And, I found the cutest pair of jeans and stuff!"

4. People that improperly use to/too.

Aloft04

On the Ice
1. Storage lockers! If you own so darned much crap that you can't even fit it all into your house - it shouldn't belong to you! Get rid of it!! Give it away to charity! Sell it!! (pant, pant...I feel better already! :eek: )

2. People who allow their children to wear hats at the dinner table, and haven't taught them to remove the hat when they meet someone. Call me old-fashioned, but I think we've contributed to the erosion of respect by letting these small niceties be forgotten.

3. People who take up two parking spaces. Stop it, it's rude!!

4. People who complain about the price of gasoline while drinking $6.00 per gallon bottled WATER in their giant Hummer!! :rolleye:

5. People who treat pets as though they are disposable. :cry:

Thank you, I needed that....

JaneEyre5381

Rinkside
Hello All,

Here's what ticks me off:

When my collget mate Allyson calls at the early hours of the morning claiming that it's an emergency. Well...her "emergency" involves not knowing a word on her Spanish vocab list. Now, tell me is that REALLY an emergency that can't wait till afternoon?

Dasha

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I was at work today, and experienced one of my all time pet peeves. My first thought was "I am going to start a thread at GS today about this" LOL.. and here someone else has beat me to it!

Anyways....

#1 petpeeve - there is NOTHING worse than trying to deal with a customer who is on their cell phone. I think that is incredibly rude and absolutely drives me to drink, Working in the service industry is difficult enough without someone on their cell phone holding up the line because their conversation about who won the hockey game is more important than allowing me to get on with my job and serve you so that the next people in line can be served.

#2 petpeeve - public washrooms that have the toilet paper dispenser so tight that you only get one square off at a time.

heyang

Record Breaker
People at malls who stop and chat in front of the entrance to a store. Then they give you a dirty look when you interrupt their conversation with a polite 'excuse me, please' Your entire group should move over to the side so that people can move around you.

People who stop at the end of the escalator to decide which way to turn and, thus, block other people who are trying to get off the escalator.

People who walk in the driving lanes of the parking lot. They get annoyed when you beep at them to move over to the side and out of traffic. Really annoyed when it's a group of several people walking in a line across the width of the driving lane - It's not a sidewalk.

People who let their kids get more than a few feet away from them in a big open public area. I understand that kids can't keep still, but you should keep them close so that no one can kidnap them. I really hate watching a toddler walking at least 10 paces behind their caregiver (parent, sibling, whatever). You can't even see if they've stopped if they are behind you.... sheesh - find someone to babysit if you can't watch your kid and shop at the same time. It only takes a couple of seconds for kids to run off - even when one is attentive, but I'm talking about total not paying attention.

skatepixie

On the Ice
Johar-Smarty was injured. They were going to have him race again. However, injury changes these things and he has become a stud.

ok...here's mine.

1. John Kerry. Nuff said.

2. People who hog the lutz corner.

3. People who make fun of my valley girl accent. Its like, duuude, you talk funny too.

4. 40 in the fast lane. It just bugs me.

5. People who walk super slow in the hall at school. Or, even better, people who stand in the doorways.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
sk8tngcanuck said:
#2 petpeeve - public washrooms that have the toilet paper dispenser so tight that you only get one square off at a time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your answer is one of those that I would NEVER have thought of but I had to laugh at because it is so TRUE!

I know I've said this before, but people, particularly those in the business, who say "Re-LA-tor" and not "Real-tor." This drives me absolutely nuts! :rolleye: :eek: :p

By the same token, those who say "nu-CU-lar" rather than "nu-CLE-ar" :rolleye:

People who are so self-involved that despite having everything you can imagine, they still have "issues." I hesitate to say this, but I find this to be particularly true of women my age (40s) who do not work and have never really worked outside the home. They have way too much time on their hands while their kids are at school, and they use it to get wrapped up in a "poor me" syndrome. They are generally on some form of anti-depressant and are otherwise quite healthy. :p

People who feel the need to let everyone know how well their car stereo system works, particularly the bass.

People--again, it's primarily women--who brag incessantly about how fabulous their children are. It's fine to tell a friend how proud you are of your child's particularly special accomplishment. I am truly glad to hear about it. Just PUH-LEASE! Don't go on and on and on about how your child is the most incredible person to walk the planet since Gandhi IN MINUTE AND LENGTHY DETAIL! :eek: :sheesh: :p

skatepixie

On the Ice
Gandhi wasnt so great. Thats another pet peeve of mine. He was pretty nieve because he thought that everything could be peaceful, yet, after his death, when he wasnt around to not eat until people did what he wanted, things fell apart. He should have just realized that the country would have to be split and then worked to make that go as well as possible. But noooo. And he's still talked about like he's a god.

Tabloids. Some of the stuff is just wrong. Like going through and showing what Madonna has in her trash. Come *on*!

People with really weird, out there theories. Lets face it, Anastasia died, Area 51 is an aircraft testing place, and Walt Disney is burried in a normal grave in Southern California.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
skatepixie said:
People with really weird, out there theories. Lets face it, Anastasia died, Area 51 is an aircraft testing place, and Walt Disney is burried in a normal grave in Southern California.

And, yes, Elvis is DEAD! For those who do not believe it, MOVE ON! GET A LIFE! :eek: :D :confused:

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I am always making mental notes for threads like these, and forget to back them up on a disk.

-chewing with your mouth open will make me want to backhand you, and at the very least you will get a dirty look

-people who have so little to do in life that they yammer incessantly even when you ignore them

-people in my personal space

-skate moms

-people talking on cell phones in public

-drama

-adults that don't skating seriously and stand around and talk - IN THE LUTZ CORNER

-skate moms that play their kid's music more than the alotted 3 times

-adults that play their skate music more than the alotted 3 times

-intolerance

-racism

-people in my personal space

-people that call me to get help with their computer and try to tell me how to do my job

-the fact that I have so many pet peeves

:D

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People who talk behind your back

People who blast their car radios when they're driving, and they want the whole world to hear what they're listening to :rolleye:

CanuckSk8r

Rinkside
AWESOME thread...

My biggest pet peeve is that I am SO observant I have so many pet peeves!!

incorrect use of seen and saw.... you SAW Joe the other day.... you've SEEN that movie. UGH!!!!!!

hearing people eat...... close your mouth and don't talk until you are done

gossipers that are out to hurt

parking lot drivers

irresponsible cart drivers in grocery stores.... ramming into the back of your legs, leaving their cart in the centre of the aisle

parents that don't say no

parents that let their children roam around restaurants, stores, homes...

kids that pitch a fit when they don't get their way, then parents giving in

people that ask "when are you having (more) kids," makes me want to say MEAN things to them

people that complain about having no money, when it should be "I don't WANT to afford that" rather than can't..

friends that take take take, without expecting to give at all

liars

WOW, I guess I could go on forever!!!! But I do feel better!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Anyone smoking where I can smell it. Especially in doorways, and most especially in front of hospital doors.
Restaurants that say they have non smoking areas and they're just as smoky as the rest of the place.
Using like so much when talking. I suppose that's the Valley Girl thing.
MISPELLING :laugh:
Sitting at a light and not moving or moving too slow. :mad:
Dirty restrooms.

There's more but I'm in a hurry right now.