Anyone Here Read Patricia Cornwell? | Golden Skate

Anyone Here Read Patricia Cornwell?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love her books and can't wait to read the newest one "Trace"!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel, I love her books but haven't read any for a while now. The one I'm reading now is R by Sue Grafton. Do you read any of Grafton's books?

Dee

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I LOVE Patricia Cornwell. I never got Blow Fly though, so I don't want to get Trace yet. I'm still missing her first one Postmortem. So I need those three to complete the Scarpetta series. And I need to get Southern Cross too (the second in the Andy Brazil series). I read Hornet's Nest (the first in the Andy Brazil series) and I bought but haven't read Isle of Dogs (the third one because I want to read Southern Cross first! LOL! I read the Scarpetta series all out of order. My favorites are From Potter's Field, Cruel and Unusual and Black Notice.

Antilles

Medalist
I've read all of the Scarpetta novels, and one other. I used to be a big fan, but I found the books got rather repetivie after a while. I think they killed off one of her employees in each book. Who would want to work for her?

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
I use to love her Scarpetta series but stopped reading after about the 5th or 6th one. It became less about CSI and more about her depressing personal life. Once her niece went off the deep end and Kay started down the dismal spiral of not being able to find happiness, I lost complete interest.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I have all of her books except for "Trace" & I've read all of Sue Grafton's (she's one of my favorites) except for "R". Anyone read Rita Mae & Sneaky Pie Brown books? I have all of them too except for the newest "Whisker of Evil". Currently, I'm reading an older Linda Barnes book "Cold Case". Very good. Love Tamar Myers, Nevada Barr, Anne Perry, Julie Smith & Janet Evanovich. Evanovich is hilarious. I do love Stephanie Plum, her heroine.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I always get her books when they hit paperback, and enjoyed the first few hugely. However, I agree that Scarpetta needs a lift in her personal life soon.

Did you read her investigative book about Jack the Ripper? I found that truly fascinating. If you didn't, she used CSI techniques to prove who he was, annoying almost everyone in Great Britain who treat the Ripper as a cottage industry.

bronxgirl

Medalist
The few reviews I've seen of trace seem to imply that "Trace" is a better read than "Blowfly", so I'll probably read it. I just have no interest in who Jack the Ripper was, and the interviews with her in which she was so sure that she had solved this 100 year old crime just convinced me not to read that book. I hope that Trace is back to the style of writing that made the original set of Kay Scarpetta books enjoyable.

Kotik

Rinkside
bronxgirl said:
I hope that Trace is back to the style of writing that made the original set of Kay Scarpetta books enjoyable.

In my opinion it is, so I think you'll enjoy it. I'm also a big fan of Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovitch (with a little preference for Stefanie Plum over Kinsey Millhone, she is just so funny). I'm currently reading Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs and I really love it. But it surely doesn't beat Patricia Cornwell. :)

PatC

Rinkside
merrywidow said:
I have all of her books except for "Trace" & I've read all of Sue Grafton's (she's one of my favorites) except for "R". Anyone read Rita Mae & Sneaky Pie Brown books? I have all of them too except for the newest "Whisker of Evil". Currently, I'm reading an older Linda Barnes book "Cold Case". Very good. Love Tamar Myers, Nevada Barr, Anne Perry, Julie Smith & Janet Evanovich. Evanovich is hilarious. I do love Stephanie Plum, her heroine.

Yep, pick me. :)
I have read Cornwell, Grafton ( a fav), Rita Mae Brown - really like this series.

I really like Jill Churchill's series - very light and entertaining. I believe the first one is Grime and Punishment. ;)

I like the Annie Darling series, Joan Hess and the Magoody series........:)

I guess I like mysteries.

PatC

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Hey "Pat C," you're not "Patricia Cornwell" are you?????????

Mathman:)

No. I just read her books, don't write them. :)

Never realized until you posted that the intials are the same. ;)