Ice Dancer for Sale | Golden Skate

Ice Dancer for Sale

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
soogar said:
I think he's really cute. Though for that kind of money he had better do something more than ice dance.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's probably why there are a whopping ZERO bids so far! :p

Longhornliz

Final Flight
This reminds me of that boy that auctioned off his virginity on some site.... bizarre if you ask me.

IDLERACER

Medalist
"James stands at a towering 5'6" and weighs 120lb"
Well, I suppose in Japan he might tower over a few people. I wonder if this is how Tiffany Stiegler located her latest partner.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
The SKATING magazine article on the 2003 Nationals does list the Dance bronze medallists as being Shannon Wingle and James Warren, and does state that Warren is a former British novice champion. Now, as to whether the e-bay guy is actually the same guy -- well, the resemblance between the picture on e-bay and the picture in SKATING is to me inconclusive.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
He was going to be my surprise Christmas present for Paula and now everyone knows! :( :D :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Piel, are you going to bid??? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
When I first saw the title of this thread, I though it was someone's ironic comment on Peter Tchernyshev's decision to apply for Canadian citizenship to be able to compete in Torino in 2006.

Skater boys are very expensive, but I guess the demand is greater than the supply...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
My friends run a dance studio. They say it's common for a girl's parents to pay for at least a part of the fee for her partner, since they always have a shortage of boys who aren't afraid to dance. I suppose it should be far worse for ice dancing.

sk8m8

Final Flight
With the announcement of less prize money for ISU events, the pro tours being pared down, and pro competions being basically nil....I'd say for 120,000 smakers MINIMUM plus throw in expenses for a year :eek: :eek: :eek:
You might just be able to get Vic Kratz to come out of retirement for a season :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Linny

Final Flight
Guess I can see it

Guess I can see why one might have to pick up expenses and pay a salary for a partner... but, well, I think that the judges can tell when a skater is just doing their job and when they are doing it for the love of it. The marks may reflect it.
Linny

chania36

On the Ice
The listing is removed, I went to see and it is not there no more, I believe that is was eligal so they removed it.

I read once that when Scott Hamilton was a teenager he would pick up spare change by partnering girls who were taking beginning tests in ice dance, but didn't have a partner. Is this a common practice? I can imagine that there might be beginning classes in ice dance where a lot of girls would sign up but only a few boys.

Mathman

gkelly

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I read once that when Scott Hamilton was a teenager he would pick up spare change by partnering girls who were taking beginning tests in ice dance, but didn't have a partner. Is this a common practice?

Yes.

Who can partner tests and how/whether they could be compensated for providing the service has varied over the years as the eligibility rules changed and other rules about dance testing (e.g., whether the partner was pro or eligible, how much higher in the test sequence they'd passed themselves, also gender -- IIRC just a couple years ago the USFSA finally agreed to let skaters test with a same-sex coach).

When I tested ice dances as an adult, sometimes a male friend from my ice dance club would partner me for free (it was up to me if I wanted to give him a present or take him to dinner in exchange); sometimes I tested with a hired partner who was brought in from out of town to skate with several female skaters testing that day and who charged about as much as a coach would charge for a 15-min lesson to warm up each dance with me and skate them during the test.

icy fresh

On the Ice
You are now allowed to partner with your coach. My coach is a girl, so I can partner with her. But she said I have to get a male partner for juvenile free dance.