Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 142

Thread: Tchernyshev to apply for Canadian Citizenship

  1. #121
    Moving Forward
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    here and there from there and here
    Posts
    599
    (sigh)

    I promised myself I would stay away from this topic and just leave it alone, I had said everything I had to say, but I promised myself that I'd lose 20 pounds this fall, too, and that hasn't happened either, so..........

    I could just quote everything terisalyn had to say, but instead I'll just say, "Yea, that's what I was trying to say, too."

    No fault, no blame. Wishing the two of them were still together, but respecting each one's individual right to make what they consider the best decisions for themselves.

    Nan

  2. #122
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    To All Concerned - I am not finding fault with everyone who approves of Peter"s quest in fact, I am a part of that group. I also think he should do what he thinks is best for him. My big question was of citizenship and later, the fact that so many (not everyone) seemed to imply that Naomi LEFT Peter because of pregnancy. Well, that's what happens when a baby is expected. And Peter does not have to lose vaulable time to get to the Olys.

    I still think the full story of the split should give the story of events leading up to Peter's search for a new partner. I think many posters are assuming too much of Naomi being the whole problem without knowing whether she and Peter discussed this whole matter at some point. Of course, we can assume this, but we don't know.

    Joe

  3. #123
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I go along with everything you say except what I read as an implication here:

    or to want or to not want to skate with Tchernyshev any more

    I don't think she ever said she does not want to skate with Tchernyshev anymore. If that is the supposition, then we could easily say that Tchernyshev does not want to skate with Naomi anymore as well. That's my point we don't know the whole story.
    My point was that Lang may have wanted to continue the relationship or may not have wanted to continue the relationship; I don't know, and I don't really care, although many who have posted here do. If she wanted to continue to skate with him, it doesn't really matter, if Tchernyshev didn't want to continue the relationship for whatever reason. If she didn't want to skate with him anymore, then she can choose not to show up anymore. In a partnership both have to agree to skate together, and, obviously, that's not what happened.

  4. #124
    Blue Angel pennyfromheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    134
    Thank you boggartslaura! You said it all when you said that. Just to clarify to terisalyn and then I am done with this thread! That is not what I meant, that Peter should sit out the whole spring and summer waiting for Naomi to decide what she wanted to do,ok? Peter knew what Naomi wanted to do when she learned she was pregnant way before the spring and summer. He knew that she wanted to have the baby and then get right back on the ice and begin training hard for Torino. He sat out the whole spring and summer anyway deciding what he wanted to do! That is skate with her or not. Does anyone else think the timing of the announcement of his and Shae Lynn's partnership is also a bit odd? Even though they have obviously decided this a while ago they wait til late August to make the official announcement. Why? Wonder if it had anything to do with Naomi's due date being in late August and the fact that Peter's agent and perhaps Peter himself felt the need to upstage Naomi one last time and steal that spotlight?

  5. #125
    Blue Angel pennyfromheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    134
    Joe, Peter did not search for a partner this time. Shae Lynn was there and was offered as an option to him. He just had to decide whether or not he wanted to skate with her. That was it.

  6. #126
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    Thank you boggartslaura! You said it all when you said that. Just to clarify to terisalyn and then I am done with this thread!
    Awwww, come back one more time! Here are some facts:

    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    That is not what I meant, that Peter should sit out the whole spring and summer waiting for Naomi to decide what she wanted to do,ok? Peter knew what Naomi wanted to do when she learned she was pregnant way before the spring and summer. He knew that she wanted to have the baby and then get right back on the ice and begin training hard for Torino.
    So was she going to have the baby, then have the ankle surgery, then recuperate from it while taking care of a newborn and training for this coming season? Once baby and surgery are taken care of, it's too late to learn new programs for this season, so goodbye GP series for the fourth season in a row...and if she wanted to get right back and train, why did she announce in February, (and I quote) ""I am very sad to say that I will be unable to skate or compete but life is leading me on a different path. I love to skate with Peter and will greatly miss him and my skating. We have many wonderful memories and performances to reflect on," said Lang. Link to story

    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    He sat out the whole spring and summer anyway deciding what he wanted to do! That is skate with her or not.
    The dissolution of their partnership was announced at the same time Naomi's pregnancy was announced, which was in mid-February. See above link.

    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    Does anyone else think the timing of the announcement of his and Shae Lynn's partnership is also a bit odd? Even though they have obviously decided this a while ago they wait til late August to make the official announcement. Why? Wonder if it had anything to do with Naomi's due date being in late August and the fact that Peter's agent and perhaps Peter himself felt the need to upstage Naomi one last time and steal that spotlight?
    Ummmm, they skated together for a few months first to see if there would be anything to announce. My guess is that the timing of the announcement in late August has more to do with Blades on Ice's publication schedule than anything else. If you have any information to support that upstaging theory besides your own mindreading or speculation, I'd love to hear it.

  7. #127
    Blue Angel pennyfromheaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    134
    Terisayln, you must not believe everything you read that is supposedly a quote from a skater is actually that. I'm not sure why you keep arguing with what I am posting. All those so-called nice quotes that are attributed to Naomi and other skaters are in reality not quotes from the skaters at all. They are lines that are written by their agents and submitted to the media. Many times the skaters have no idea what it is they are supposed to have been saying as it is all made up by their agents. This is the case in this situation. Was this lovely "life is leading me on a different path" quote of Naomi's released first on the cmm site by any chance? Or the usfsa site? You are truly naive if you think that what appears on those sites are actually things that are stated by the skaters themselves. They are media statements released and created by their agents, that is all. Now I know I said I was through posting, but I admit I did take the bait on that one!

  8. #128
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    Terisayln, you must not believe everything you read that is supposedly a quote from a skater is actually that. I'm not sure why you keep arguing with what I am posting. All those so-called nice quotes that are attributed to Naomi and other skaters are in reality not quotes from the skaters at all. They are lines that are written by their agents and submitted to the media. Many times the skaters have no idea what it is they are supposed to have been saying as it is all made up by their agents. This is the case in this situation. Was this lovely "life is leading me on a different path" quote of Naomi's released first on the cmm site by any chance? Or the usfsa site? You are truly naive if you think that what appears on those sites are actually things that are stated by the skaters themselves. They are media statements released and created by their agents, that is all. Now I know I said I was through posting, but I admit I did take the bait on that one!
    I don't really think it's necessary to start bashing what people believe or questioning the validity of what they are basing their opinions on... at least they are backing up the basis of their opinion. Personally, even though your post is not directed at me, I find your post offensive. It appears that you are questioning someone because they have a differing opinion from you, and you come across in that post that you are "in the know" about everything in this situation without anything backing up your opinion, except another one of your opinions.
    As a former competitive skater...... most of the quotes in the articles are NOT in fact from our agents, they are from us, just taken out of context.
    I am hoping that I misinterpreted your post, or took it the wrong way. I like goldenskate because it usually stays away from the poster bashing.

  9. #129
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfromheaven
    Thank you boggartslaura! You said it all when you said that. Just to clarify to terisalyn and then I am done with this thread! That is not what I meant, that Peter should sit out the whole spring and summer waiting for Naomi to decide what she wanted to do,ok? Peter knew what Naomi wanted to do when she learned she was pregnant way before the spring and summer. He knew that she wanted to have the baby and then get right back on the ice and begin training hard for Torino. He sat out the whole spring and summer anyway deciding what he wanted to do! That is skate with her or not. Does anyone else think the timing of the announcement of his and Shae Lynn's partnership is also a bit odd? Even though they have obviously decided this a while ago they wait til late August to make the official announcement. Why? Wonder if it had anything to do with Naomi's due date being in late August and the fact that Peter's agent and perhaps Peter himself felt the need to upstage Naomi one last time and steal that spotlight?
    BS. BS. BS. The ONLY person I heard saying Naomi wanted to get back into skating and go to Torino was her MOTHER. Mommy needs to stop living through her daughter.

    Kudos to Peter for moving on. He should have done it over a year ago, IMO.
    Last edited by peachstatesk8er; 09-17-2004 at 09:38 AM.

  10. #130
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    300
    Well, I think Peter did the right thing. Why wait around? He still wants to skate competitively so he should do whatever it takes. And who knows what Naomi might decide "down the road"? A newborn baby takes time and attention so I don't see her skating any time soon.

    penniesfromheaven, unless you were standing next to these "agents" when they wrote any press release for any skater at any given time, I think that's naive to assume that ALL media statements are written by an agent. Some are. Some aren't.

    JMHO!!!

  11. #131
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    39
    Naomi is only 25 now. If she really wants to keep competing, she could look for a new partner. After being in the top 10 at Worlds for 5 years i doubt she would have as much problem finding a partner as she did when she was a teenager. I like Naomi's skating and i'd be pleased to see her skate - if that's what makes her happy.
    I think whatever Peter did he would have been taking a chance. It would have been hard to tell how Naomi would feel about competing again after having her baby. And although he has applied for Canadian citizenship, its far from certain whether he and Shae-Lynn will be able to qualify for the Olympics. Peter may be a lot of things (gorgeous, talented, etc) :D but i doubt he's psychic.

  12. #132
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by terisalyn
    Ummmm, they skated together for a few months first to see if there would be anything to announce. My guess is that the timing of the announcement in late August has more to do with Blades on Ice's publication schedule than anything else. If you have any information to support that upstaging theory besides your own mindreading or speculation, I'd love to hear it.
    There's a curious space open for a dance team for Skate Canada when all other events are full, so you'd think it was because Skate Canada (org) was holding a spot open for Bourne/Tchernyshev, just in case, and that they might have had just a little inkling of this potential partnership back when the GP invitations were issued...

  13. #133
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    39
    I believe the open place at SC was for Lefebre and Markov. But they can't compete internationally yet (he may not have been released by the Russian Federation) so it has now been given to Patinaude/Denis. B/T can't compete internationally this season either.

  14. #134
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I think the above is as valid as all the nonesense I read about Naomi. Bottom Line: No one knows what transpired before Nats, during Nats, after Nats.
    Joe
    Well there was one particular poster who was carrying on on another board about Naomi throwing a fit backstage at Nats and screaming at Peter that if they weren't in 1st after the compulsories then she wanted to withdraw, but we all blew that person off.

    Naomi knew she was pregnant at Nats. There's a theory going around that she just flipped out and withdrew using the ankle as an excuse.

    One thing is for certain, she really wasn't into it last year. Oh well. More power to Peter and Shae-Lynn, two people who obviously DO want to skate!! :D

  15. #135
    Go NJ Devils
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy
    I believe the open place at SC was for Lefebre and Markov. But they can't compete internationally yet (he may not have been released by the Russian Federation) so it has now been given to Patinaude/Denis. B/T can't compete internationally this season either.
    Neither Bourne nor Tchernyshev competed in international competition in 2003-04, which I've read somewhere should qualify them for GP events, but not Worlds or Olympics, for which they have to wait out another year.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Contact Congress for Tanith
    By attyfan in forum 2005-06 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
  2. New Tanith and Ben articles on citizenship, with pictures!
    By Littlewild1 in forum 2003-04 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 03:03 PM
  3. Questions about citizenship and skating clubs
    By BravesSkateFan in forum 2003-04 Figure Skating archives
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •