2017 JGP Belarus Mens Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Mens Short Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sorry for Jiri but I got distracted with news of Lubov Iliushechkina's NEW CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP YAY

(Now back to Men's skating. Or actually I need to go shower because I have a meeting at 3)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My boy Andrew T!:yahoo:

And his LP is better than the SP. Hope he does it justice here.....

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Nice by Efimchuk. Same age as Petrov, Aliev- where's he been? I see a few events from last season and previous seasons, but first time on jgp. injured?

Last season he did incredibly well at Junior Nationals, i recognized one of Gubanova's coaches (or choreographers) in his team.

I'd say he deserves even higher components.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great job by Tatsuya!! he should be proud :agree:
and he reminded me of Koshiro and his debut, ahh how much i missed him :sad21:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
oh no,Alp looks so upset :sad21: you dont need to be, you didnt give up!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't Andrew T. have a 3axel? I thought i saw him do at least one at Nationals.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgpblr2017/jgpblr2017_JuniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

Alexei Erokhov (from Eteri's group, just saying to those who thinks she can do well only with the girls) -> So solid today. Nice program, it fits his style much more than his previous SP from last season, but there is still room for improvements, he lost some level on a spin and stsq.

Igor Efimchuk -> Probably my favourite here. Very nice posture, he skates with speed, good interpretation of the music. Again lost levels on spins and steps sequence.

Andrew Torgashev -> he's great but i preferred his previous program: i'm not too okay with his score, his artistry is very good but the two russians were great too, i don't think he was that better, and even his TES slightly higher than Irakli without a 3A, with a flat edge on the lutz and with a messy combo is kinda laughable.

Irakli Maysuradze -> coached by Sveltana Sokolovskaya and same bad packaging of Samarin: ugly posture, bad skating skills and over the top the music selection. But his jumping technique is good.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Nice by Efimchuk. Same age as Petrov, Aliev- where's he been? I see a few events from last season and previous seasons, but first time on jgp. injured?
I don't think he was injured. Never heard it mentioned, plus he participated in too many events each season to "fit" a serious injury in there. He wasn't very consistent, plus lack of an influential coach. Makar Ignatov is the one who was out of commission for ages due to an injury.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Finally catching up with the JGP and wow!!! I loved the top 3. Finally, we have a good competition going. Alexei has really improved his performance and Igor was interesting to me for the first time. I always found him utterly forgettable in the past, but he's also made a lot of improvements on the PCS side, and the program is good for a change...I don't remember what he had before, some generic rock thing? Andrew didn't do a 3A, but he got all level 4s and he has probably the best SS in junior men now, so I don't think his score is out of line. I really hope these 3 will end up in the final...what a breath of fresh air.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
It's been a disappointing Men's JGP so far this season but the Top 3 guys here definitely delivered. All skated so well. I agree with the placements but I thought maybe the Russian guys were a little undermarked on PCS. Erokhov is rightly in the lead, this style of programme really suits him. I really liked Efimchuks style and skating but thought his spins were a little slow, kinda strange it is his JGP debut at 18. Ted was very impressed.

Torgashev skated really well the double axel held him back a bit. Hopefully he is over his injury problems and skates a strong free. It would be good to see all 3 in the final, the person who places 3rd would have some work to do in their second competiton though.

Hopefully all skate strong frees.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am soooooo tired of hearing how disappointing the men's JGP has been so far. Like really? Maybe if you uber only certain skaters or expect only certain results. :scratch2:

Me I like the unexpected.:biggrin: Alex, Luc, Camden, Mitsuki, Tomoki have all turned in great performances, and the top three here turned in excellent performances as well.

So they have continued the tradition of an interesting, varied and and very watchable group of young men so far, in *all* the JGPs. Looking forward to more:agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I am soooooo tired of hearing how disappointing the men's JGP has been so far. Like really? Maybe if you uber only certain skaters or expect only certain results. :scratch2:

Me I like the unexpected.:biggrin: Alex, Luc, Camden, Mitsuki, Tomoki have all turned in great performances, and the top three here turned in excellent performances as well.

So they have continued the tradition of an interesting, varied and and very watchable group of young men so far, in *all* the JGPs. Looking forward to more:agree:

I started watching juniors in 2014 and can only say that I think there were a lot more strong skaters & performances the past few seasons for my taste - Dmitri, Cha Jun, Deniss, Sota Yamamoto, Boyang, Daniel Samohin, Nic Nadeau, Ilia Skirda, etc. That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed some others this season like Egor, Makar, Matthias, and Luc. But there have been very few clean-ish skates prior to this competition, the tech level is generally lower, and nobody really stood out as podium-ready for the final. I don't want to jinx the top 3 here for the FS, but for me they have that extra something special that has been missing. They seem more "ready for prime time," so to speak.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I started watching juniors in 2014 and can only say that I think there were a lot more strong skaters & performances the past few seasons for my taste - Dmitri, Cha Jun, Deniss, Sota Yamamoto, Boyang, Daniel Samohin, Nic Nadeau, Ilia Skirda, etc. That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed some others this season like Egor, Makar, Matthias, and Luc. But there have been very few clean-ish skates prior to this competition, the tech level is generally lower, and nobody really stood out as podium-ready for the final. I don't want to jinx the top 3 here for the FS, but for me they have that extra something special that has been missing. They seem more "ready for prime time," so to speak.

That is a reasonable explanation, thank you.

I only started watching juniors last year, although I had faves I've had my eye on (like Andrew) since 2014. Really sorry I did not see Deniss until 2016 Worlds :curse:

Of course, as a matter of personal preference, I remember the showmen.:biggrin: I did watch the final the year of Nic and Tomoki and I honest to God do not remember who won. I remember Nic and Tomoki, what flair, what verve! Last year, Vincent Zhou, just to my taste....yawn:bed:

And when you love the showmen, landing jumps, particularly quads, is less important. I'm not saying everyone else will have the same taste, I'm saying it really, truly, does not affect me. In seniors, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of Deniss, of Jason, in juniors of Andrew T., of (how could I forget them) Matyas and Donovan Carrillo, of many others....:luv17:

So for me, it's been a good series:agree: