Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112

Thread: Who will make it to the JGP final?

  1. #16
    Tripping on the Podium russianfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    585
    Country: Russia

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssffww View Post
    By other points of view do you mean misogynistic ones?
    how is that misogynistic? i don't understand

  2. #17
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    288

    0 Not allowed!
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2017/jgpsdance.htm

    currently the three couples with wins have an advantage, any medal on their next event should be enough to go the JGPF for Polishchuk/Vakhnov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, and Carreira/Ponomarenko. Shpilevaya/Smirnov and Konkina/Yakushev both with silver are almost tied, they need to win in their next event or a silver medal to have a chance for the final, Konkina / Yakushev have a slight advantage as Shpilevaya/Smirnov will be competing with the canadians Lajoie/Lagha in their next event. And Skoptcova /Alsehin haven't competed yet.

    my prediction 1 american, 1 canadian and 4 russians in JGPF.

  3. #18
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,495

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by starla16 View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2017/jgpsdance.htm
    Konkina / Yakushev have a slight advantage as Shpilevaya/Smirnov will be competing with the canadians Lajoie/Lagha in their next event.
    Where are Konkina & Yakushev signed up to compete?

  4. #19
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,750

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Where are Konkina & Yakushev signed up to compete?
    They don't have their 2nd assignment yet but they will most likely replace Kuts/Mikhailov at JGP Croatia.

  5. #20
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,133
    Country: Hungary

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russianfan View Post
    i understand your point.. but, you know, different mentalities and stuff like that
    Plushenko recently http://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plushen...-whole-planet/

    "Now, when you see how an eighteen-year-old boy is outskated by a fourteen-year-old girl … it’s just ridiculous. The boys are very weak, I saw a few who seems promising, but it’s not clear how they will work. In fact, girls jump and they are not afraid, but guys need their diapers being changed. Girls are just fire. The first six of our juniors is the top of Europe at the moment."

    And I deeply agree with him or with "a combination of TAT, Plushenko, Mishin and Toller Cranston" if they said. Just ridiculous....

  6. #21
    Observer 4everchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13,584

    2 Not allowed!
    well...

    there are so many factors though...

    13-14 year old girls are often at their peak while guys get there at 19-21... (if not later) after their years on JGP.

    The girls are strong and stable... there is no denying of that but it doesn't make sense to compare these girs who haven't yet grown with guys in the middle of puberty.
    Also, young guys are pushed to learn quads and triple axel early on... for instance, Conrad Orzel who is a good jumper is messing up big time focusing on quads this year.. he has been a disaster but in practice has landed all 5 quads (no axel of course)....

    I also find girls to be better spinners, and guys are super clumsy spinning at that age... and barely get their levels, while girls are doing circus positions and bend their ways to level 4 much easier.

    In the end, I think the level of the girls now compared to the level of the girls 5-10 years ago is AMAZING and it is very exciting but I wouldn't go and compare them to boys... because of course, if we were to ask the same out of both genders, and expect girls to jump 3a and quads, we would see them fall and pop just as much.. which is what is preventing the boys from getting good scores.

    I am not sure why there is such a debate really... it doesn't serve anyone to compare apples to oranges.

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    299
    Country: Russia

    3 Not allowed!
    there's nothing to compare. this season's boys field is the worst i've ever seen. no one is really worth watching.
    and the girls are simply astonishing. for me this juniors ladies season is much more interesting than seniors. though it's a pity that shcherbakova is injured. but i'm hoping she will be back at juniors worlds

  8. #23
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,495

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finn View Post
    They don't have their 2nd assignment yet but they will most likely replace Kuts/Mikhailov at JGP Croatia.
    Then zero advantage for Konkina & Yakushev as it is the same event Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Lajoie & Lagha are signed up for. Of course, they could all be moved around, though I don't see a compelling reason to switch S&S and K&Y. (K&Y already had their advantage, when Russia yanked Shevchenko & Eremenko out of Austria, leaving Austria with no depth after Carreira & Ponomarenko). Because of that decision, whatever-rule-S&S broke on the twizzles, and the tighter scoring/calling at Riga, the Russian rankings are rather screwy at the moment. My guess is they'll sort themselves out.

  9. #24
    Still fangirling for Toller el henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,261
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Plushenko recently http://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plushen...-whole-planet/

    "Now, when you see how an eighteen-year-old boy is outskated by a fourteen-year-old girl … it’s just ridiculous. The boys are very weak, I saw a few who seems promising, but it’s not clear how they will work. In fact, girls jump and they are not afraid, but guys need their diapers being changed. Girls are just fire. The first six of our juniors is the top of Europe at the moment."

    And I deeply agree with him or with "a combination of TAT, Plushenko, Mishin and Toller Cranston" if they said. Just ridiculous....
    If Plushenko actually said this, he is a pathetic little bully and a horse's rump. I feel sorry for him that he has fallen so low from such greatness.

    Here in the US, thank heaven, the people who make fun of a male athlete by saying they could not beat a girl athlete are usually treated as the fools they are.

    And, just to respond in general to other posts, I feel sorry for anyone who does not appreciate the fire of Alex Krasnozhon, the smoothness of Camden Pulkinen, the technique of Mitsuko, the vigor of Luc Economides, the beautiful spins and choreo of Tomoki, and of course Andrew T. still to come.

    An excellent and varied men's field. Keep it up, boys

  10. #25
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    288

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Then zero advantage for Konkina & Yakushev as it is the same event Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Lajoie & Lagha are signed up for. Of course, they could all be moved around, though I don't see a compelling reason to switch S&S and K&Y. (K&Y already had their advantage, when Russia yanked Shevchenko & Eremenko out of Austria, leaving Austria with no depth after Carreira & Ponomarenko). Because of that decision, whatever-rule-S&S broke on the twizzles, and the tighter scoring/calling at Riga, the Russian rankings are rather screwy at the moment. My guess is they'll sort themselves out.
    S/S and K/Y are almost tied in scores with K/Y big mistake in SD and S/S twizzle issues, We dont know who will score higher if clean, I'd say they have an equal chance to win silver or gold but it will be difficult, Skopcova/Aleshin have the easiest assignments and might just bump Konkina/Yakushev in the standings

  11. #26
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,495

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by starla16 View Post
    Skopcova/Aleshin have the easiest assignments
    Austria had the least depth. Skoptcova & Aleshin have a tougher assignment to start off with than Austria. They go up with Carreira & Ponomarenko (same as Austria) and Ushakova & Nekrasov (who medaled on the JGP last year). Not the strongest Russian team by far, but still with a PB 10 points higher last season than the 3rd team in Austria, Lagouge & Rahier.

    I agree that Croatia should be a tougher event than Poland if K&Y go there and everyone else stays where they are. Who knows though? Lajoie & Lagha might move into Poland.

  12. #27
    Observer 4everchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13,584

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Austria had the least depth. Skoptcova & Aleshin have a tougher assignment to start off with than Austria. They go up with Carreira & Ponomarenko (same as Austria) and Ushakova & Nekrasov (who medaled on the JGP last year). Not the strongest Russian team by far, but still with a PB 10 points higher last season than the 3rd team in Austria, Lagouge & Rahier.

    I agree that Croatia should be a tougher event than Poland if K&Y go there and everyone else stays where they are. Who knows though? Lajoie & Lagha might move into Poland.
    i don't think lajoie and lagha will move... i may be wrong but skate canada, when they announce jgp rarely plays switcheroos... unless it is to give a second outing... and that's L/L's second outing... so I'd be surprised that the subs get named... especially since they have announced via social media where they will be competing next...

  13. #28
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,495

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    i don't think lajoie and lagha will move... i may be wrong but skate canada, when they announce jgp rarely plays switcheroos... unless it is to give a second outing... and that's L/L's second outing... so I'd be surprised that the subs get named... especially since they have announced via social media where they will be competing next...
    I think it's fine. Not a big difference for them between the two events. Both events have one of the top three teams remaining from last season. Plus K&Y in Croatia. Or the Greens and Khudaberdieva & Nazarov in Poland. The only reason I mention it is because K&Y have a higher SB currently than L&L. (And that is with a double splat). While the two younger medalists in Poland trail L&L's SB by 7-9 points (with a fall for K&N and twizzle errors for the Greens). But scoring varies by event and none of these three teams have a JGP track record so scores from different events are not necessarily a good reason to switch events in this case.

    And we don't even really know if K&Y will be placed in Croatia at this point.

  14. #29
    Observer 4everchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13,584

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    I think it's fine. Not a big difference for them between the two events. Both events have one of the top three teams remaining from last season. Plus K&Y in Croatia. Or the Greens and Khudaberdieva & Nazarov in Poland. The only reason I mention it is because K&Y have a higher SB currently than L&L. (And that is with a double splat). While the two younger medalists in Poland trail L&L's SB by 7-9 points (with a fall for K&N and twizzle errors for the Greens). But scoring varies by event and none of these three teams have a JGP track record so scores from different events are not necessarily a good reason to switch events in this case.

    And we don't even really know if K&Y will be placed in Croatia at this point.
    fair enough... L/L messed up twizzles in both their programs too... so indeed.. we don't know if they will change their crazy difficult entry into them... or by now have mastered it.

  15. #30
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,495

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    L/L messed up twizzles in both their programs too.
    Yes, they have room to improve as well. 'Tis one of those seasons where I expect to see some shuffling and jostling for positions. And a lot of teams grow. It is the first season for all of the favorites to enter any JGP event expected to win, which is a very different place to skate from mentally. Two young teams medaling that have never competed in a JGP of any kind. And Konkina & Yakushev in their first JGP season under this particular partnership. All of those elements make the field rather primed for movement.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •