Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who will make it to the JGP final?

2 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Yes, they have room to improve as well. 'Tis one of those seasons where I expect to see some shuffling and jostling for positions. And a lot of teams grow. It is the first season for all of the favorites to enter any JGP event expected to win, which is a very different place to skate from mentally. Two young teams medaling that have never competed in a JGP of any kind. And Konkina & Yakushev in their first JGP season under this particular partnership. All of those elements make the field rather primed for movement.
    I don't follow juniors GP usually so I have no expectations whatsoever... but now that i have watched a couple competitions, I hope that Lajoie Lagha will qualify for the final.... I did follow worlds last year so with Carreira/Ponomarenko, I remember both these teams and they were good, so I am rooting for them both

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    I don't follow juniors GP usually so I have no expectations whatsoever... but now that i have watched a couple competitions, I hope that Lajoie Lagha will qualify for the final.... I did follow worlds last year so with Carreira/Ponomarenko, I remember both these teams and they were good, so I am rooting for them both
    Enjoy! I like watching junior dance. There are not that many entries, and almost all the athletes know how to perform.

I'd say you can breath a bit better for L&L at the moment because Shpilevaya & Smirnov have been moved out. (And I know they lost to Shevchenko & Eremenko, but history, two years at Junior Worlds, and a bunch of points from one very unusual level 1 set of twizzles says that S&S are the stronger team. Plus Konkina & Yakushev have not been put in at Croatia, which one would think could have been done at the same time.

Also, I know it can seem like there are a slew of Junior Russian teams, but I'd recommend at least paying attention to Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Skoptcova & Aleshin. They are legit. Two of the top three remaining dance teams from last years Junior Worlds and along with Carreira & Ponomarenko, the only two current junior dance teams to have qualified for a JGPF.

0 Not allowed!
    Enjoy! I like watching junior dance. There are not that many entries, and almost all the athletes know how to perform.

I'd say you can breath a bit better for L&L at the moment because Shpilevaya & Smirnov have been moved out. (And I know they lost to Shevchenko & Eremenko, but history, two years at Junior Worlds, and a bunch of points from one very unusual level 1 set of twizzles says that S&S are the stronger team. Plus Konkina & Yakushev have not been put in at Croatia, which one would think could have been done at the same time.

Also, I know it can seem like there are a slew of Junior Russian teams, but I'd recommend at least paying attention to Shpilevaya & Smirnov and Skoptcova & Aleshin. They are legit. Two of the top three remaining dance teams from last years Junior Worlds and along with Carreira & Ponomarenko, the only two current junior dance teams to have qualified for a JGPF.
    well thanks for the info.. i am happy to be told i can breath a bit better let's see how everything unfolds

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    let's see how everything unfolds
    We will! I am especially cheering this weekend for a brand new U.S. team, Avonley Nguyen & Vadim Kolesnik. She is a tiny little thing, but she can fly. And she sells a program like nobody's business. Really happy to see them assigned a GP. I fell in love with her skating in intermediates two years ago, and then she went without a partner for a season so I was worried that we might not see her again, much less see her skip novices & skate on the JGP this season.

Also, I am rooting for Carreira & Ponomarenko and looking forward to seeing Skoptcova & Aleshin's new programs. Pretty surprised both these teams are competing in the same regular season JGP. But excited to see the battle.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Plus Konkina & Yakushev have not been put in at Croatia, which one would think could have been done at the same time.
    Russian Fed finally replaced Kuts/Mikhailov with Konkina/Yakushev at Croatia.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    So, three more events to go.

Ladies

Has made it for sure
    Alexandra TRUSOVA 30p

Main contenders
    Anastasia TARAKANOVA 15p
    Daria PANENKOVA 15p
    Eunsoo LIM 13p
    Nana ARAKI 13p
    Anastasiia GULIAKOVA 13p
    Rika KIHIRA 13p

Still have a chance
    Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA 11p
    Mako YAMASHITA 11p

Haven't skated yet
    Alena KOSTORNAIA
    Sofia SAMODUROVA
    Young YOU

Remaining events
    JGP Croatia: Tarakanova, Yamashita, Samodurova, You
    JGP Poland: Panenkova, Kostornaya, Eunsoo Lim
    JGP Italy: Guliakova, Kihira, Alena/Sofia/Stasya, Araki, You

At the moment it seems that a lot of potential JGP Finalists will skate in Italy. There might be at least three maybe even four silver medalist there. It should be an interesting battle between Guliakova, Kihira, Araki and the 2nd Russian skater who ever that will be. Although, one would think that the japanese Fed wouldn't put Kihira and Araki at the same event but at the moment they both are assigned JGP Italy. If they do change one of them to the 6th event then the 6th event will become pretty high quality event also with Panenkova, Kostornaya, Lim and Kihira/Araki.

Men

Main contenders
    Alexey EROKHOV 15p
    Alexei KRASNOZHON 15p
    Camden PULKINEN 15p
    Mitsuki SUMOTO 15p
    Andrew TORGASHEV 13p
    Makar IGNATOV 13p
    Luc ECONOMIDES 13p

Still have a chance
    Roman SAVOSIN 22p
    Igor EFIMCHUK 11p
    Tomoki HIWATASHI 11p
    Egor MURASHOV 11p
    Egor RUKHIN 11p

Haven't skated yet
    Matteo RIZZO
    Koshiro SHIMADA

Remaining events
    JGP Croatia: Krasnozhon, Sumoto, Ignatov, Shimada
    JGP Poland: Erokhov, Pulkkinen, Rizzo, Shimada, Economides, Hiwatashi, Rukhin
    JGP Italy: Torgashev, Rizzo, (Efimchuk), Murashov,

I would think that there might be some changes coming up because 7th event looks easy while 6th event looks really difficult.

Pairs

Has made it for sure
    Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV 26p

Main contenders
    Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN 15p
    Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOT 13p
    Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 13p
    Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD 11p

Still have a chance
    Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR 9p

Haven't skated yet
    Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN
    Daria KVARTALOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO
    Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE

Remaining events
    JGP Croatia: Boikova/Kozlovskii, Kostiukovich/Ialin, Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Gao/Xie, Walsh/Michaud
    JGP Poland: Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Poluianova/Sopot, Kostiukovich/Ialin or Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Alexandrovskaya/Windsor, Gao/Xie

Very interesting events coming up. By the way, China will send three pairs at both events but at the moment it looks like Tang/Yang, who were 4th at JGP Belarus, doesn't get a 2nd event. That migh change of course.

Ice dancing

Has made it for sure
    Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO 3op

Main contenders
    Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV 15p
    Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO 15p
    Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN 13p
    Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV 13p
    Ksenia KONKINA / Grigory YAKUSHEV 13p
    Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA 13p

Still have a chance
    Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV 11p