Who will make it to the JGP final? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the JGP final?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
maybe indeed he's injured or because he have the lowest score among other skaters, or maybe becuase he's the youngest so they think he still have many years to come

No, he's not injured, he's skating at the Cup of Russia this week instead (as is Gulyakova).

I don't like Samoilov at all so I really hope this backfires on the Russian Fed.

s_parks

Record Breaker
No, he's not injured, he's skating at the Cup of Russia this week instead (as is Gulyakova).

I don't like Samoilov at all so I really hope this backfires on the Russian Fed.

I know I shouldn't be ageist here, but half(most??) of these jr Russian men are Petrov and Aliev's age... :slink: And I know there were domestic comps but I don't get some of these choices. Seriously bummed for the really young guys like Kovalev, Skirda, etc.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For the record:

If Andrew T is in 3rd (and Tomoki and/or Egar are above him), he'll need to score 203.39 or higher to be above Makar.

Basically math dictates that Tomoki and Egar needs to win. They can get 2nd, but they need 226.34 and 229.34, which would likely be winning scores if they pull that off.

I actually thinks bigger spoiler is Matteo Rizzo. He can score high and win. I wonder though if he peaked at Nebelhorn. However I won't be surprised if he wins, which could create some interesting scenarios.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I know I shouldn't be ageist here, but half(most??) of these jr Russian men are Petrov and Aliev's age... :slink: And I know there were domestic comps but I don't get some of these choices. Seriously bummed for the really young guys like Kovalev, Skirda, etc.

I am ok with late bloomers and it's especially understandable for Makar, since he missed a couple seasons due to injury. But Samoilov has definitely been around for ages & didn't do well at his previous JGPs. It's pretty risky of them to give him a spot but I guess politicking goes far. :rolleye:

enzofv

On the Ice
Well, the three "uncertain" spots may go to:

Ignatov (rooting for him)
Torgashev (rooting for him)
Sumoto (rooting for him)
Hiwatashi
Murashov

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well, the three "uncertain" spots may go to:

Ignatov (rooting for him)
Torgashev (rooting for him)
Sumoto (rooting for him)
Hiwatashi
Murashov

Sumoto is in for sure. Only two of the three of Torgashev/Hiwatashi/Murashov can possibly beat him since he has the 1st place tiebreaker.

Go read post #58 in this thread.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I'm shocked to see Eunsoo Lim finish fourth in Poland but she could still go to the Junior Grand Prix Final in Japan because some good skaters such as Sofia Samodurova and Rika Kihira will not compete in Italy. She's the most watched skater on ISU Junior Grand Prix's official YouTube channel. Anastasia Tarakanova, Mako Yamashita, Daria Panenkova and Alexandra Trusova have booked their spots.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm shocked to see Eunsoo Lim finish fourth in Poland but she could still go to the Junior Grand Prix Final in Japan because some good skaters such as Sofia Samodurova and Rika Kihira will not compete in Italy. She's the most watched skater on ISU Junior Grand Prix's official YouTube channel. Anastasia Tarakanova, Mako Yamashita, Daria Panenkova and Alexandra Trusova have booked their spots.

But they are though....:slink:

nikros

Rinkside

Many boys start to jump quads only after 17-18. All the boys are very cute and consistent (like Kovalev and Skirda) until they do not try 3A and quads. Big jumps break everything. Petrov was very promising when he was younger, but now he is 18 and his quad (4T only) is still incosistent. RusFed is right when supports elder boys who already can jump quads. They are not so cute, but now if you jump quads consistently you'll get also good PCS score.

Hiwatashi is a very good skater but he is 17 and still jump girl's content (even without 3A), so i don't think he can win in Italy.

russianfan

Match Penalty

That's not correct, Lim doesn't have chances to get to the finals anymore, Yamashita has very slim chances. The only locks are Trusova, Tarakanova and Panenkova. Samodurova will compete in Italy, as well as Kihira, Araki and Kostornaya.

tjb

Match Penalty
That's not correct, Lim doesn't have chances to get to the finals anymore, Yamashita has very slim chances. The only locks are Trusova, Tarakanova and Panenkova. Samodurova will compete in Italy, as well as Kihira, Araki and Kostornaya.

eunsoo can get into the final as a substitute, if dasha doesn't recovers from her injury by december. although her chances to get a first substitute spot are not very high either

lanark

On the Ice
eunsoo can get into the final as a substitute, if dasha doesn't recovers from her injury by december. although her chances to get a first substitute spot are not very high either

@tjb what would it take for Eunsoo to get 1st substitute spot?

I don't understand how the classifying works, but I was hoping Eunsoo could go to the Final. She looked disappointed in her last competition... :sad21:
It breaks my heart to see such young girls already having hopes and dreams crushed. So I hope there is still a slight chance for her to compete in the Final.
But it will be sad if it is in the expense of another girl being injured. :(

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

I'm not tjb but at this point, given the standings, she'd have to hope Mako Yamashita wouldn't be available either due to injury or scheduling conflicts, since she's first substitute, and hope that one of Alena, Sofia, Rika or Nana finished Italy with total points below Eunsoo (or if same points, with lower score for the second tiebreaker). This all assuming Daria wouldn't make it and would have to be replaced (I'm hoping she makes it, wishing her a swift recovery).

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I don't understand how the classifying works, but I was hoping Eunsoo could go to the Final. She looked disappointed in her last competition... :sad21:
It breaks my heart to see such young girls already having hopes and dreams crushed. So I hope there is still a slight chance for her to compete in the Final.
But it will be sad if it is in the expense of another girl being injured. :(

Eunsoo is currently 5th on the list. For her to be the 1st alternate, she'd have end up 7th. The 4 girls who are likely to pass Eunsoo are Alena K, Sofia S, Nana A, and Rika K.

For Alena and Sofia not to pass Eunsoo, they'd have to finish 6th or lower. 5th would give them the same number of points as Eunsoo, but their 1st place finishes would win the tiebreak.

For Nana and Rika to not pass Eunsoo, they'd have to finish 4th or lower. If either of them were 4th, whether they were below Eunsoo would depend on total score. Nana would have to score under 165.92 and Rika would have to score under 168.46.

Summary: Eunsoo would need two of these things to happen:
- Alena 6th or lower with any score
- Sofia 6th or lower with any score
- Nana 4th with a score under 165.92 or lower than 4th with any score
- Rika 4th with a score under 168.46 or lower than 4th with any score

It's pretty unlikely IMO that two of these things would happen, and even if let's say both of Yelim Kim and You Young did super well and made it happen, they could also pass Eunsoo with a 1st or a 2nd with a higher total score than her.

Last edited:

lanark

On the Ice
I see... Thank you for your thorough explanation @SnowWhite and @xeyra. :thumbsup:

I guess it's not gonna happen for Eunsoo, then... What a shame. :eek:hwell:
But if I can see Kihira in the Final, I'll be happy. They are my two favorites. :love:
Of course, the Russians are amazing too. But I like Kihira's and Eunsoo's style better.
But anyway...
Sending good energies for Panenkova, she deserves having her chance at the Final! :handw:

icellist

On the Ice
While I want both Americans (torgashev and hiwatashi) to make it to the final, what would happen if Matteo Rizzo wins the event? How do the standings stack that way? Everyone has pointed out the past jgp medalists but Rizzo has scored higher than all of them at Lombardia/Nebelhorn this season. He was probably tired after skating at Nebelhorn to get 6th at his first jgp.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
While I want both Americans (torgashev and hiwatashi) to make it to the final, what would happen if Matteo Rizzo wins the event? How do the standings stack that way? Everyone has pointed out the past jgp medalists but Rizzo has scored higher than all of them at Lombardia/Nebelhorn this season. He was probably tired after skating at Nebelhorn to get 6th at his first jgp.

He can only get 20 points total, even with a win, so he can't make it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

If Rizzo wins, he still won't qualify As for all the others' possibilities if he wins, I outlined everything earlier in the thread (post 58) on a skater by skater basis.