Thread: How to spin faster/ more rev?

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

How to spin faster/ more rev?

For other spins that are not upright spin/backspin
    sit spin, camel(i know this takes practice, gaining more strength to hold the position), variations spin .>> layback,>> I-spin etc

i know faster entry but for sit spin i just lost speed as soon as i get into the position, it got slower hmm
    and when you change edge, i've seen people who went from almost no speed on forward spin, but gain so much more speed(+rev) when they change to back edge that they could do a few more combo on that back edge

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure this is what you mean but. . .
    When I was taught a sit-change-sit, at the change of foot I used to do a little "snap" with my hips. It helped me gain momentum on the back sit.

I have noticed that sometimes the really high level skaters change feet and position and then rotate many, many times seemingly from nothing. I'm always amazed by that and I don't really know what that secret is except practice and technique.

Because backflips are sexy.... Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    The biggest trick is to hit the dead in the middle of your flat near the ball of your foot you'll spin fast and get in multiple rotations. There of course are a bunch of other things that go into it but this is one of the biggest keys.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    You have to make sure your muscles are all engaged on your whole body while you're spinning - noodles don't spin.

I don't think you mean change edge, do you mean change foot? The reason people pick up so much speed when you change feet is that you get a whole new push into it.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jf12 View Post
    You have to make sure your muscles are all engaged on your whole body while you're spinning - noodles don't spin.
    That is just too funny.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    well as i was practicing yesterday mostly sit -change-sit I think the most i got was 7-8 revs on forward and a around 5ish on backsit but a lot more speed. i guess i didn't practice enough spins lol i have more revs on forward spin but less speed, less rev but a lot more speed on backspin (and that's the only way i can do it without falling out of the spin lol)