NFL '17-18 season | Golden Skate

NFL '17-18 season

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So, who's watching? Will Patriots defend their title? :popcorn:

I completely missed the whole draft part of the season and also pre-season. So many new faces :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
We lost the first game of the season :palmf:

Superbowl Champions :)cool:) always lose their first game next season. It is known :cool: Tommy will get over it.

edit: we need more spectators here!

Edit #2: I love Chris Hogan :luv17:

Edit #3: I love Patriots, but I also kind of rooting for Drew Brees. So much respect for him :pray:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So bummed, such an exciting game today, Eagles kept it close but no go....We almost avenged you, Pats fans:laugh:

But I do think Carson Wentz is the real deal:cheer:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So angry with my Niners right now that I can't see straight. It's pathetic really and the Front Office is to blame. Jed York should've moved Heaven and Earth to keep Harbaugh, not Baalke three years ago. Absolutely inexcusable. He's an embarrassment to NFL Team Ownership and that's saying something!

In drastic comparison, I'm very impressed not only with the Atlanta Falcons this season, but their ownership. That is an amazing new arena, and to find out that they aren't overcharging for their food and soda is impressive. Well done! That's how a franchise should be run. Not the way the Niners ownership has treated fans like crap time and again since the building of Levi Stadium.

Snow63

Record Breaker
So bummed, such an exciting game today, Eagles kept it close but no go....We almost avenged you, Pats fans:laugh:

But I do think Carson Wentz is the real deal:cheer:

Fly, Eagles, fly :biggrin:
Where's that Barkley guy QB? I thought he was really perspective from his college games :scratch2: I remember Eagles drafted him a couple of years ago, but never heard of him after that?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fly, Eagles, fly :biggrin:
Where's that Barkley guy QB? I thought he was really perspective from his college games :scratch2: I remember Eagles drafted him a couple of years ago, but never heard of him after that?

No idea, but at least the Eagles didn't waste a high draft pick on him, as they have been known to do:biggrin: Nick Foles was clearly the choice that year, and I thought he would be the next big thing. Anyone but the Dog Killer:disapp:

Of course, the Eagles still need some kind of running game, whether or not Carson is the real deal...... :laugh:

Snow63

Record Breaker
No idea, but at least the Eagles didn't waste a high draft pick on him, as they have been known to do:biggrin: Nick Foles was clearly the choice that year, and I thought he would be the next big thing. Anyone but the Dog Killer:disapp:

Of course, the Eagles still need some kind of running game, whether or not Carson is the real deal...... :laugh:

It's so difficult these days to find a top tier long term franchise QB. I remember people were ecstatic over Kap, and where's he now? That's why I don't want the Pats to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, I find him extremely talented and who know how long Tom will be playing? And more important, how long he will be exceptional?

Edit: OMG. This Matt Barkley started 6 games for the Chicago Bears last season :dbana::dbana::dbana: And had passer rating of 68. :dbana: And now he's with 9ers :dbana:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's so difficult these days to find a top tier long term franchise QB. I remember people were ecstatic over Kap, and where's he now? That's why I don't want the Pats to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, I find him extremely talented and who know how long Tom will be playing? And more important, how long he will be exceptional?

Edit: OMG. This Matt Barkley started 6 games for the Chicago Bears last season :dbana::dbana::dbana: And had passer rating of 68. :dbana: And now he's with 9ers :dbana:

To be fair to Kap - he was a good QB, he just had a horrible Front Office who refused to support him once Harbaugh left. Had Baalke been the one to leave, not Harbaugh, I don't think we'd see a kneeling Afro out of a job Kap... he'd be the Franchise QB they thought he could be.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I keep getting stuck at work and missing NFL. I've had to settle for a college game or two on Saturday. Go Blue :)

I think I should be free this Sunday so hopefully I can check in on the Pats and the Lions.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If the Niners had played the whole game the way they played the last 10 minutes, they wouldn't have lost by 2 points. :no:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks to a dispute between our local CBS station and DirecTV I only got to watch the Seattle game today *yuck*. Richard Sherman should not be allowed to play the game. At best he's a hot head. He does not need to be allowed to continue to try to injure players just because his team isn't having an easy go of it. This giving the excuse every week that he's a "passionate player" is unacceptable.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, is anyone watching? Pats vs Texans stream here: http://www.eplsite.info/stream34.html

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Edit: What a atch it was! Whew! :yahoo: Winning drive in the final 2 minutes! Pressure? What's that? Tom has never heard of it :scratch2:

Two minute drill is impressive, true, but....

Too busy watching a last second 61 yard FG?!?!

Jake Elliott was a bum last week (although at least it didn't lose the game) and a hero this week. :) Way to give me a heart attack, though

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:yahoo: Chiefs win!

Tough loss for the Bengals against the Packers though. :palmf:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Anyone watching the Pats vs Panters? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

And poor Dolphins... Saints squashed the fish!:dev2:

Edit: Well, all those unnecessary penalties in the end costed us the game. :rolleye: Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it's all a part of the sport. They'll do better next time.