Thread: Kitty Kelley, Do Any Of You Read Her Stuff?

Hybrid View

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Kitty Kelley, Do Any Of You Read Her Stuff?

Kitty Kelley is coming out with a book on the Bushes this Tuesday.

It promises to be full of eye opening revelations, many of them not complimentary, according to sources on the web, including the amazon description, which says it will be 'remarkably frank'

Kitty claims that she has never been successfully sued, although none of her biographies are 'authorized'.

Has anyone here read any of the Kitty Kelley bios? What did you think?

And are you going to read the Bush bio?

Well, I probably won't read it. Haven't read any of hers yet. I'll just get my dirt from the dishers. I can't really comment on what she writes when I haven't read them. I always have doubts about people like that and figure there's probably a fair amount of truth in them but I would rather read what is for sure the truth if I read something like that. I pretty much avoid reading about celebrities, except for the skaters. I have read some books, like Shirley Temple, who wrote her own.

I haven't read any of her books either. I have watched her on Larry King and it was so so. However, with all of the pro Bush stuff out there (he has been in WV more than I have in the last few months and I live here) I may just give in to this one. I heard on one of the news networks last night something about one of the newspapers that had been given a look at the book and went ahead and released some of the information. IIRC the biggie was that W had paid for one of his girlfriends to have an abortion. If that is true.....what will the right say about their poster boy? I use to like Barbara Bush Sr.. I have to admit that the first few times I saw her on TV I thought she was George Sr.'s mother . Later when it was released that she was personally pro choice but wouldn't speak up about it I lost all respect for her. I despise double standards and hypocrites. Take our Tonichelle for example. We are complete opposites politically, but I respect her for standing up for her beliefs. I don't remember the exact quote now but something to the effect of standing up for what you believe in even when it is inconvenient for you.

Skating Soprano
    I gave up on Kity when she wrote the Royals. Something about one of the younger boys not being Phillip's and the queen being concieved in a turkey baster? *eye roll* Its like a tabloid in book form.

Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie
    I gave up on Kity when she wrote the Royals. Something about one of the younger boys not being Phillip's and the queen being concieved in a turkey baster? *eye roll* Its like a tabloid in book form.
    Kitty wasn't the first to come out with these theories. They have been around for years. IMO you can't criticise the writer without putting the same blame on the reader. These books only sale if people are willing to buy them...duh. I think that most people realize that these are not history books. They usually do end up containing some truths that those written about would rather we didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie

Pixie,
    If you will go back and read everyone's posts you are the only one who seems to be taking what she writes seriously and getting all bent out of shape over it.

Babies are concieved via turkey baster, and the British royal family is known to have participated in activities much stranger than that.LOL.

Finally, how can someonne who is prolife support a President who as governor murdered 150 people with the death penalty, those folks were someone's baby too? . You can't preach that all life is sacred and then murder whether it be the death penalty, hunting for WOMD, or the back door draft. How could any loving parent force a child who becomes pregnant from rape or incest to bear that child? I am amazed at the number of supposedly pro life white upperclass that change their thinking when little princess finds herself pregnant by some one from the wrong side of the tracks or of a different ethnicity. :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh:
    Last edited by Piel; 09-12-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Skating Soprano
    Im for the death penalty. You see, a baby is innocent. A murderer isnt. Im also for the war. See, terror needs to be stopped and Saddam needed to go. However, thats not the topic of this thread. You want to talk about these things, start a thread for them. Dont try to get this thread off topic.

Babies concieved by turkey baster, Peil? In the 1920's? Sources, please?

I didnt buy Unfit for Command. I didnt think it was right. In general, I dont buy tell alls, from either side.

Kelley, as far as I know, has always razzed most of the people she has written about, among them Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis. It was she who coined the phrase "Jackie O"

I'm sure she'll blast the whole Bush family. It sells! Fasten your seat belts, Bush fans, this will be a bumpy ride.

Joe

Skating Soprano
    She's a liar. Why should I care what she says?

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Like so many members of our current government? :D

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    No. She was popular though when I started working at Coles Book store way back when. I think she wrote an unofficial biography about Frank Sinatra. Lots of people read her books. Not me.
    Last edited by Ladskater; 09-15-2004 at 07:07 PM.

I'll read Kelly's book. I won't buy it.

Joe

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    I'll read Kelly's book. I won't buy it.

Joe
    Let us pause for a moment to express our gratitude for the Free Public Library, shall we? I've already placed my hold.
    Rave

I've never read anything by Kelley but a few nights ago I listened in to a discussion of her books by a group of writers for news magazines (I think one of the people was from Time). One person mentioned that she has never been sued nor has she ever had to retract anything she has written. Another reporter said that if you were a young investigative reporter you should read her books as she touches on many subjects/scandals but doesn't necessarily go into them in depth. It would be a good starting point for a young reporter trying to break into the business. Someone else said she has sources & contacts all over the world. Noone stated that they believed or disbelieved her but I got the impression that they felt there is at least a grain of truth in everything she writes.